Why do so many people hate on KI's graphics so hard? (KI's Shortcomings)

I disagree on eagle looking bad. To me he looks on par with the rest of the characters. He looks better on actual gameplay than on screenshots though.

1 Like

Insutice 2ā€™s animation isnā€™t that bad though. Big thing about it is that itā€™s a more realistic visual design and itā€™s animations are more grounded since itā€™s not based off Japanese/drawn animation but human motions just like 3d fighters.

Injustice 2 is basically takes a lot of queā€™s from 3d fighters funnily enough.

Didnā€™t say itā€™s bad. Just said it looked weird to me. But NRS / Midway had that when they changed their graphics long ago. Still find MKX and Injustice is a similar line regarding art style. It looks wonderful to the eyes of the mayority, I just find it to be a bit stiff in some aspects. Animation is not about reality actually, is about exaggerating it a little more :wink:

1 Like

No it isnā€™t animation can be either but itā€™s really up to you based on your art design and NRS animations are becoming better as they are losing that rigid feel and are becoming more ā€œfluidā€.

IM not tottaly against what you noticed on there but do you know whats mean ā€œā€ā€œEVOLVE OR DIE???ā€ā€œā€ I think you forget where and from wich design KI came from, take time to check sometime the videos of season 1 and 2 then you wil understand. that was the part for EVOLVE who in this case for me mean getting better en better with the time. and thatā€™s exactly what I see graphically, animation etcā€¦ with this game, remember the first ultimate and see the last ones if you donā€™t feel like Evolving then I donā€™t know what you are searching for.

Now for the OR DIE part.

You surely know about the xbox one X, and I think this game are not gonna stay like this " to me its right for what we got now" but for the future , Be sure that we are goin to get the best as possible in animation, graphics etcā€¦
So just be patient,
Remember this ā€œā€ A man cannot change the world in One day, everything has a right time"" be patient and see where we are goin.
now EVOLVE OR DIE @xCrimsonLegendx MAKE YO CHOICE!!!

lol lol you made my days with this ahahhahha :joy: ā€¦

but donā€™t you forget that tusk is a barbarian so he donā€™t know what teeth crush mean, he has to look uncivilized for better represent what he seem to be.

For [quote=ā€œAlohaMars, post:2, topic:21540ā€]
Eagle looks normal though. Thatā€™s how a Nez PercĆ© man would look facially
[/quote]

Excatly 10/10 bro @xCrimsonLegendx take note :wink:

ANd what about BABYDOLL MAYA??? :smirk: I listen

I donā€™t think so, monster are not that easy to make cause a lil missed details can make it look bad, the humains face are just like that cause its a choice they make, just look at maya and shin hisako faces and you wil understand that its a choice.
Maya beauty and aggressivity togheter, shin hisako sadistic and cutest.

We are here for get conversations and kill time, so you are free to say all you need and that to peoples to be ok or not with you , friend :hugs: GGS

2 Likes

iMO KI looks great and at times is one of the better looking fighters out there. The particles, lighting and certain character models all stack up against any of the big hitters. The majority of the stages look incredible too.

Unfortunately though the quality isnā€™t consistent through out. Some characters seem to have been given a lot more polish than others. Possibly this is just down to time constraints, which I why id love the team to go over with a fine comb to fix the poor textures, clipping etc but I also understand that this isnā€™t cost effective. The way Shin Hisakos hair glitches on her enterance makes me feel concerned how that was even deemed as acceptable to release like that. A bit more QA would go a long way.

Also the majority of the accessories look as though they are after thoughts to me.

However, even I do have some issues with the visuals I still think it looks great when I come back on after playing other fighting games. Sure Iā€™d love to see more care taken to polish a character before release but Iā€™m not unhappy with how it stands.

My personal opinion is that KI has always looked cool, but at the same time always looked slightly outdated. And now 4 years later it really comes through. Thatā€™s the limitation of the engine though, I think, but in motion the game looks beautiful still, imo. Just some close-ups donā€™t look all that fortunate.

Itā€™s not hate though. But graphics have always been one of the main focuses in fighting games, unless it is intentionally made a certain style. Take Guilty Gear Xrd, for example. It has a certain cell-shaded anime style, but it still looks absolutely gorgeous and is one of the best-looking fighting games out there, imo. And then thereā€™s Street Fighter V which has that claymation cartoonish style which I personally donā€™t think look all that good, and with the many clipping-issues and such happening, like the charactersā€™ hair going through their own bodies, etcā€¦ itā€™s just not good enough.

As for Killer Instinct, I love the style! But it could need an update, a good polish, and some of the things were just bad from the start and hasnā€™t been improved upon, such as Sadiraā€™s hair, Sabrewulfā€™s retro, Orchidā€™s bald patches seen from certain angles, etcā€¦

In motion, KI is beautiful, imo. But up close, it is apparent how outdated the graphics are.
And thatā€™s why Iā€™d love to see a sequel with an updated engine, new graphics, updated gameplay etc.

Graphics arenā€™t everything though, but it still has to look good and appealing for people to play it.

1 Like

The fact the game can still look great proves its not limitations of the engine Imo. Itā€™s more of a time constraint. Jago vs Glacius on Kim Wuā€™s stage for example look as good as any other game imo. I really think we should get a season four with a development time twice of what weā€™ve had for the past seasons. With this extra time I think the game could really shine.

1 Like

I think the game overall looks phenomenal but there are those glaring issues I mentioned that sometimes drag the overall quality down, sometimes when I see Tuskā€™s victory animation or Hisakoā€™s JPEG face texture I kinda have to stop and think to myself.

2 Likes

The technology is clearly dated now and the overall quality is pretty uneven, but the memorable character and stage designs will always shine. Plus KI has some really neat effects that have held up well.

I honestly have to question priorities and mindset of people who think KI is too ugly to play. Graphics donā€™t mean that much for FGs in the long term, anyway.

1 Like

Agreed, KI might be aging and some of the features might lookā€¦ less than stellar but overall its the best fighting game in my eyes. Certainly better than the over-polished turds that they put out these days.

Agreed:

The graphics are great still. I play tekken and Tonyhawk skater
on PSP emulator on my GPDWIN handheld still every day
and loving it.

1 Like

The particle effects are brilliant. The character faces, on the other handā€¦ itā€™s hard to fall in love with a character based on aesthetics in KI. Look at tekken. The characters are almost all beautiful. Iā€™m not bashing ki. Itā€™s just that the dev team might be too macho. They all wear wranglers and ten gallon hats while holding doors for women.

1 Like

One thing I like to note is that for some reason people are averse to characters that look like they actually are from that area. Like Playable Kolin in SF5 looks different but she still looks good, itā€™s just that sheā€™s modeled after how a nice blonde East European woman would look like. Some people just want everyone to have that same generically ā€œgood lookingā€ face template or everyone has to look ā€œprettyā€ that some games have (lots of games the women all have very close faces like DOA).

Lol@ Hisako jpeg win face!

They truly zoom in too close that magnifies flaws.

I know in my heart the right people would love a return to the drawing board and have the gameplay of this game meshed with the artistry displayed in injustice2.

Whether ms feels itā€™s worth it, remains to be seen.

Yes some people are not going to care about graphical excellence.
But the masses are built upon the industry of entertainment providing visual excellence.

Evolve or die, indeed.

Glacius is the best looking character in the game graphically. He really aged well the most compared to most of the characters in the cast. Imo

Glacius and Fulgore aged remarkably well compared to the rest!

Glacius and Fulgore are definitely two of the best but Riptor I think is probably the highest quality model in the game, when she came out it made KI look stunning.

2 Likes

Was just watching Maxā€™s week of Eagle and I couldnā€™t help but take notice of this comment. Not trying to be negative but if even Max canā€™t help but comment on these things being the huge KI fan that he is it says a lot. Again just reaching out, love KI but its certainly not one of the gameā€™s strongest features.

1 Like

Well itā€™s obvious how that face looks- especially when any person knows what regular faces look like-

Just not a completely satisfying experience but exciting combat design