Why Aren't Bugs Getting Fixed?

I don’t know Larry. You are asking why the bugs aren’t getting fixed but who do you want to answer you? All I can tell you is what ISN’T the reason:

1. The developers don’t care about bugs (demonstrably not true)
  2. The developers don’t know about the bugs (demonstrably not true)
  3. People haven’t complained enough about the bugs. (Obviously this is debatable but it seems untrue to me)

So all I’m left with is pretty obvious speculation. The bugs are hard to isolate, hard to fix, and may be lower on the priority list than other things. But they have bug fixes in every single patch.

I agree that bugs suck. But I’m not sure what sort of answer is going to make you happy here. It’s doubtful the Devs are going to jump in here and offer you an explanation. They’re doing their best I’m sure.

3 Likes

I’ll be curious to see how much bug squashing they do when the next update rolls out after KIWC. For now, I get the frustration with having to work around bugs. I’ve lost momentum in a few matches when Sadira hard lands after a jump that I wouldn’t think requires it.

Not 100% certain whether that’s a bug or not, but regardless, I’m sure that there are a number of instances that generate at least a small level of frustration for fans of certain characters, which can then be compounded by the length of time that passes from discovery.

However, simply saying “these are unacceptable” I mean… What do you want them to do, exactly that you don’t think they’ve already been trying to do?

Of all the bugs I have seen there are only 2 that have decided matches.
The first bug, would the Gargos Instinct bug that everybody knows of.
I have had Gargos players pop instinct and have to eat a whole Shadow Spike before they can burst. That shadow spike does some damage man, and on top of that it hits minions around him and curses on the last hit. I have sat next to friends who have to sit and eat the whole dang thing as I watched them attempt to mash burst out with my own 2 eyes. I was just astounded.
The other “bug” I have seen is the “input correction bug”. The way inputs have changed from earlier times in the games life is… weird. When being crossed up on or just swapping sides with opponents in general causes some strange inconsistencies with my inputs. Again though, like some have said above me this could definitely be a feature instead of a bug.

These are the only 2 things I really care to see fixed (or changed ig) as of now because they are game breaking. I posted them in the bugs section of the forums to let the devs know and then went on with my life. I didnt complaiiiinnn or cryyyy I picked myself up and tried my hardest to avoid these situaitons that are “game breaking” because I know the devs are working on it and I trust them. Just chill LCD. We know you love the game but making a bait-y post every once and a while or you, like others above me have said, beating dead horses needs to stop.
You know IG. Just give it time.

1 Like

Bug squashes usually come in patches, and we said the next patch is scheduled for March (I believe we mentioned that in December).

Can confirm that Gargos’ issue is in there.

8 Likes

Yes and please fix the Kyle AI; it no longer shadow counters and is too easy now (cpu vs cpu is very dull as well; just one character throwing out attacks, until the other is dead, while constantly blocking and going to time out).

1 Like

I have a good solution to your problems. Accept KI for what it is. It’s an ever evolving experiment , being developed by a skeleton crew that replaced another skeleton crew a year into the experiment. Let’s not forget that although it has a Micro$oft sticker on it, the experiment has a shoestring budget.

With all of these factors combined, it’s surprising the game even functions at a basic level. In a nutshell, you might want to start considering the possibility that KI is a fun cheesy game not meant to be taken super seriously (competitively) ???

I have come to this conclusion myself and have more fun now than ever playing KI. All these bugs make me burst out into laughter and all the bad cheese in the gamedoes as well. It’s like one of those it’s so bad it’s good, cheesy movies, where you realize the film doesn’t really take itself seriously. I also medicate before playing so that might be a small part of the laughter…

1 Like

[quote=“n9s7s6e, post:26, topic:18405”]
It’s like one of those it’s so bad it’s good
[/quote]Except it isn’t bad at all. It has some of the best netcode and unique/balanced characters of any FG and offers more back-and-forth gameplay than any other FG too.

1 Like

Context and humor…nevermind :confused:

I have an idea, when it comes time to run the tournament,
instead of running it on Xbox’s set it up on Pc’s. then see how far
the tournament get’s, thats if it even starts.

Or consider this, when he goes to compete, and has
to face people playing on the xbox version, who
are not going thru this use it as a weakness against him.

Prove us wrong, run the tournament on the PC version,
It would be canceled, because it would never make it thru
the network setup.

Im done complaining too, but the guy is right.

Which PC though?

Correction:
It would be local, so it might actually work…

want to play?
I think I can take you now.

So are you having online issues? I’m not home right now. Maybe in 7 hours or during the weekends.

cool let me know.

In general yes. I noticed that going back and forth in the menu
system will almost always crash the game, its like you have to
go about it kinda slow.

Finding people to play is 50 50, sometimes never…

as far as the meat and potatoes hes talking about,
the bugs, cant tell you yet, dont know the game on
a frame by frame basis yet…

Wonderful! Thanks for replying.

See there is hope! Wont hear another word about
this from me…

please make some pom poms, for riptors
cheer leader outfit, she loves it.

1 Like

Would IG be willing to share a list of the remaining bugs they are working to resolve? That way we (the players) have a quick reference guide to what has already been reported and avoid sending duplicate bug fix requests.

This would lessen IG’s workload in having to sift out things already reported.This would also appease frustrated gamers who are unsure if IG has acknowledged a bug that was reported.

1 Like