Why are people so sensitive about Ultras?

If someone does a Triple Ultra in the forest and no one is around to see it, did someone actually get Triple Ultra’d?

9 Likes

Well to be fair this topic is all about the intake of negative emotions and there are things that make people frustrated.

Maybe it’s an oversight by the devs? :laughing:

I just like having the choice to do multiple ultras, whether I decide to do multiple ultras or not is entirely in my opponents hands honestly.

1 Like

Lol, I would think so XD

I find it scary that some people can’t understand the idea that wasting other people’s time in a repetitive combo after the match is already done can be unnerving.

Mostly 90% of the people I see complaining about multiple ultras do so because they find it boring and a waste of their time. Not because they find it offensive.

Yet, I keep seeing these “don’t be a sissy, deal with it” threads. I get the feeling people someone is trying to justify to themselves why they feel they can be a jerk online instead of having good sportsmanship xD

I find it even more scary that someone plays the game, takes the time to learn the game properly and the combos and game mechanics, and then they feel that their reward for winning is getting to perform repetitive and long, extremely easy to perform combos. Not that they actually got a win for outplaying their enemy, no, that’s not the reward they’re looking for. They wanna show how they can do a long@$$ damn easy combo =D

11 Likes

Ok, just to reiterate what I mentioned earlier, because I feel it’s being glossed over: you get 50xp for every ultra performed, so if you do a double you get 100, triple nets you 150 & so on.

So like I said earlier, there is a viable reason to perform as many as possible each match other than just to “waste people’s time” as they help you unlock customization options faster.

5 Likes

I highly doubt anybody does ultra’s for exp.

3 Likes

Hey wraith do you have a gargos meme with salt kicking around anywhere?

I do, I get juggles too which works towards my character achievements and ofcourse xp for getting to 50.

That said, if I k ow someone dislikes them, I’ll cut them short.

Never do doubles or some such nonsense

I would guarantee you anyone low-level that is concerned with unlocking customization options and notices that Ultras factor in to XP earned does them as often as possible.

Yeah, I just made one the other day, it’s in the KI meme thread. He’s sitting on a mountain of salt.

1 Like

Could you be a peach and bring it here?

*sigh *

…but only because I like you…kinda…

5 Likes

Kinda good’s enough for me. I’ll take neutral or like. It works.

My interactions with Ultra’s! With Cats!

Me Preforming An Ultra After Winning:

Opponents Response:

Opponent Preforming a Revenge Ultra:

My Response:

This is how I see most of my matches ending:

The reality of matches ending:

Just have fun with the game. It isn’t like every single person in every match does a triple ultra.

16 Likes

You know how they say a picture is worth a thousand words? That was a well thought-out rebuttal.

3 Likes

I am neutral on Ultras.

I like doing them. The music and the unique rhythms add an awesome finality to a match. It’s fun seeing how far you can go with them too! And if the opponent goes for a long one, it gives me time to come here and write a paragraph or so (and it’s really funny because they frequently drop it and lose any style points they would’ve had).

I also recognize that it can be annoying to sit through the whole thing, so I often cut them short immediately or keep it to a single ultra with minimal fanfare if any, especially in extended sets. I like to treat my opponents respectfully, even if they did a long Ultra on me.

I do not however give amy respect to someone who taunts and Tea-Bags. If I pull out the win, you’re getting everything I’ve got. Double, Triple, juggles, the works. I like giving people time to think about what they’ve done wrong (same reason why when I use Gargos’s command grab I usually just stand there and run the clock just to be a butthead).

Stage Ultras and Shago’s Ultimate are a nice midpoint because they’re nice and short (relatively speaking) but it still has a ton of satisfaction and people usually get grumpy about it anyway. A backhanded compliment, if you will.

Ultimates would be a nice way to break up the monotony, but I’m not gonna hold my breath. I’ve got far too much Skyrim in my future to get too worked up. :stuck_out_tongue:

#TL;DR-
I like Ultras. I do tend to stop em short if you’re not a dickhead, but they’re still fun and I don’t personally feel/see the harm in them.

On a side note: The time wasting argument is one I have mixed feelings about. I can understand that you want to get to the next match as quickly as possible, but doing the Ultra is still pretty fun. Getting rid of them would negatively effect a good portion of the playerbase’s enjoyment of the game.

For better or worse, they’re here to stay. This debate of has been going on for what seems like forever, and I don’t think anyone is going to be changing anyone’s minds any time soon.

I have a compromise that might make less people cry. Remove instinct canceling ultras and instead restart the kv meter once you do a full ultra can encourage stylish cpmbos at the end without the boringness of double instinct ultras. No one likes to see an ultra canceled into nothing but heavy doubles and linkers into another ultras. Go fancy with your juggles. You got full shadow meter. You cannot instinct cancel at any point though. You won. Whether recaptures are allowed or not is debatable. I propose that if you recapture and do another ultra, the opponent blows out at the end.

This would also mostly remove triple ultras, and double ultras with the fact they change the tune slightly and, obviously, don’t take as long as triples would be much more bearable.

But combos themselves aren’t cool if it’s just one a dummy. There’s no virtually no point in extending past the first ultra.

Ultra = Waste. Of. Everybody’s. Time