Why are people so sensitive about Ultras?

Truth.

Then what makes you entitled to take away my ability to play the game?

1 Like

I might point out that while Ultras may not be a deciding factor on matchups, they are factored into the XP you receive at the end of the match, and the more performed the higher the points are, so there is a viable reason to perform as many as possible other than just to “waste people’s time” as they help you unlock customization options faster.

not to mention the time you take perfecting a high hit count Ultra also gives you practice doing in-game moves such as juggles & recaptures.

Bottom line is, it’s a victory lap. And that being said I think a good case could be made for saying (incoming garbage fire of responses in 3
) that it’s bad sportsmanship to not let the victor take said victory lap.

Ultras, even multiple ultras serve a purpose, it’s the wow factor that draws in new players, just like Fatalities in MK.

Honestly I still think a good middle ground on everything would be to limit Ultras to 1 in ranked and make more than 1 a toggle everywhere else in the game.

1 Like

Close your eyes and listen to the music

2 Likes

[quote=“KagekaAkumu, post:22, topic:15794, full:true”]
Then what makes you entitled to take away my ability to play the game?
[/how is he taking way your ability to play the game?if you don’t want to get ultraed don’t lose

1 Like

I like ultra’s, since they sound nice and are catchy. But what i don’t like is how essily they get extended and turned into annoyances. A victory lap should that, one lap. Not something that feels like it takes almost as long as an actual round

dae git gud xd xp

“Ultra’s bring in interest to newcomers so then once we beat them up we can spit in their face and tell them to git gud”

Seems like a disconnect there. Hell your double/triple ultra probably ends up taking even longer than the actual rounds did when you start adding them up

2 Likes

Also it kinda seems dumb to say that when the original source was that cpu’s shouldn’t be doing full ultras. And considering the point of shadow lords is that the cpu’s have significant advantages it seems a bit more than “git gud”

I’m not taking anything away from you, you play the game first, get your reward second.

Say you work a 60 hour week, get a little excited when you finish the week and have a day off, you showboat. Your boss doesn’t like your attitude and refuses to pay you. Says you have to work on his terms, or lose your job.

My training to potentially win a match deserves a reward. Sometimes I like that reward to be an ultra. If my intent is for as many matches as possible, I can choose to skip them, but it gives me time to think too. What can I change for next match? What adjustments need to be made so I hold the upper hand? Pick your poison but no matter what game you play, the game won’t cater to you, people will taunt, t-bag and ultra at random times. Expect it and enjoy the game regardless, or hate it, either way, the other person is probably having more fun than you are for some reason. I play video games in leisure, time isn’t a constraint. Maybe that’s the issue everyone has, they don’t relax and play.

As far as AI ultraing, they will do whatever their script tells them to do. In Shadow Lords they have advantages and so do you. Unblockable attacks, armor on anyone, stealing resources, it is a 2 way street. It is still just an AI and it can be learned. I can’t remember the last time I even lost a lifebar in Shadow Lords since my first or second playthrough. Jab jab neutral special or forward moving special, rinse and repeat and you’ll beat just about every fight nearly unscathed.

Not sure if you’re new to fighting games or not but I don’t play “fighting” games to be nice lol I’m here to beat that a** Not going to be nice while I do it

because who needs good sportsmanship?

3 Likes

Your reward is that you won the match.

8 Likes

Dude I didn’t say I was going to cuss you out while I did it Ill say gg after but there’s no way you’re going to blame me for your mistakes losing and then tell me it’s unfair for me to use my resources to continue a ultra lol no sir

Nope I’m pretty sure it’s an ultra

2 Likes

Right which is why you can ultra off enders.
After all when i hit 65% i should, no deserve, to get my ultra. Win animations aren’t enough. I. Must. Ultra.

As I said, if sportsmanship is what you want, play competitive players with the same view. The rest of us casuals? We are playing for fun. Win or lose all the style included.

@SithLordEDP Ok, I won the match, which means how it ends is in my hands. I set enough time aside to enjoy the whole game when I play ultra’s and all. If an AI or Player ultra’s me, I have that much more drive to win next time.

Would I do this to a player? Probably not. However I do find this entertaining until the bug gets fixed.

3 Likes

Then why can’t i decide to end a match in ultra when i do enders?

You can ultra off launcher, stagger and wall splat enders.

That’s why ranked is there, but guess what, people are still doing triple ultras in ranked. If that’s your view then you should at least agree that in what’s supposed to be the competitive mode of the game people shouldn’t be extending their ultras.

1 Like