Why are People hating on Shadow Orchid!?

Except in the lore department, then he is all those things.
“Hi, I’m Jago, but eeeeeeeevil!”
Also, “Omen is freed from Jago, somehow Shago appears. Omen shrugs and says , 'Huh. Well, that’s a thing. '”
And that’s about it.

One thing that has been thrown around in this thread that I certainly don’t agree with is the whole " Shorchid would be so uninspired, unlike Kilgore, which is just pure awesomeness."
First off, I like Derpbot, but an original and unique concept he is not. He’s Fulgore with gatlin arms and a propane heater for a face. His backstory is pretty much the same too, minus the "AI made from Eagle’s brain " part. “Robot made by Ultratech, but has a mind of its own.” That’s pretty much Fulgore, just less Iron Man and more War Machine. What is unique about him is how he plays, which is certainly not the same as Fulgore.
They’re clone characters, remixes, whatever. Their light filler while they create more substantial content. That doesn’t make them any less endearing, but let’s call a spade a spade, and keep in mind that just because it is a proverbial spade doesn’t make it automatically bad. A lot of people already find Derpbot charming, and likely a Shorchid would have the same effect.

…personally though I’d like to see an Orchid remix with a staff and called Roxy. :wink:

3 Likes

This

I would make the Shadow firecat with some of Orchid’s specials or normals, but with different appearance

2 Likes

“Gargos had captured orchid and turned her into one of his puppets. Now another omen has entered the fray. And when they split 3 beings will emerge not two.”

Then somehow gargos is gona get possessed by omen. So the 5th character will be…SHADOW GARGOS!!!

“Gargos’ poer while great, was not without weakness. Omen his most loyal servant decided to possess his master and reign supreme over all.”

Triangle Sally Roxy Orchid skin confirmed

you know, my Tessen Character Idea just might be the one, but if anything, she and shadow orchid should be the two last characters

Well the 3 new characters are separate from any season, so if you don’t like them don’t buy them. Simples

1 Like

If you dont like her then dont play her lmao. I dont like Rash style so we need Shadow Rash.

1 Like

Can I just remind everybody, without sounding like an old crank that Killer Instinct, from the get go had zero original ideas outside of combat mechanics. All of these characters are derivative. If you want to equate “originality” with “quality” then you will forever be disappointed. There is nothing new under the sun. KI, since 1994, has been awesome because it takes unoriginal ideas and makes them awesome. Is a werewolf an original idea? Hell no. Let’s call it a Wulf and then make it AWESOME. Killer robot? Been done a zillion times - but let’s give him the predator claw made out of lasers. AWESOME!

So, I don’t know that “but we already have a shadow spirit possessed character,” is really a rational complaint. We already have an Orchid. We already have a female assassin. We already have a death bot. I’m just not all that concerned…

It’s fine not to want a Shadow Orchid. But I feel like everyone is trying to argue their opinion like it’s truth based. Guys, everything has been done. Kilgore is like a beefed up version of #5 from Short Circuit. KI’s plot is derivative, the characters are derivative and it’s certainly not the first ever 1 v 1 fighting game. It’s the quality of the execution not the originality that makes the game interesting for me.

10 Likes

This. About time.

I don’t mind a variation of Orchid. That is fine. Shadow Orchid is not. Making a clone is fine. Making a clone with the same thing as another clone is not. Kilgore isn’t Fulgore possesed by Omen. Shadow Orchid would be pretty similar to adding a prototype Aria like Kilgore. Rehasing the same theme.

1 Like

It’s not about being unique and original from other games… it’s about being unique and original to THIS game! To KI! As you said, we already have a female assassin, we already have a deathbot IN KILLER INSTINCT, and we also already have a Shadow-clone. But there are many tropes which have NOT been in KI before. Instead of copying things that is ALREADY IN THE GAME, then IG should make characters that are NEW to the series!

I think these Remix characters are just to hold us over til Season 4. S4 will bring truely unique characters. Besides, these remix characters are better than 75 percent of characters in other fighting games. I’m just happy to have new fighters! If you don’t like them you don’t have to buy them.

1 Like

Well that’s because rash is guest and is not canon to the story so he gets nothing kappa. Seriously though I like to use the whole cast and find that she is kind of bland to me at least, if she doesn’t make it I really wouldn’t care I just don’t want to shut out any ideas based on a name.

@HUMANHUNTER205
@DiagonalSpy07
@Fnrslvr
@xCrimsonLegendx

From what I heard Kilgore is likely a shadow of Fulgore but witha ton of differences. What if Shadow Orchid wasn’t like a shadow version of her, but rather a women with some big diffrences between ehr and orchid despite similarities

What if she was from the same group that was apart of? All I’m saying is possibilities are endless…

I disagree on Orchid being bland. She (like any KI character) has some unique mechanics that make her distinguishing, like throw invulnerable f+HK or low invulnerable flick flack. Also her firecat is beautiful.

Just think about it, Special Ops agent with some advanced martial arts-magic abilities, its not that bad.

1 Like

I know she has unique tools and a set gameplay but it to my personal preference of her not that it matters is that she feels a bit bland and boring.

maybe we are the ones assuming shadow orchid will look anything like shadow jago.

Maybe shadow orchid is totally different and doesn’t look blue or uses dark energy fireballs

Maybe instead of shadow orchid, she reuses her old nickname Black Orchid, and has a black suit and a black panther and uses shadow energy tonfas. Who knows?

1 Like

Then that isn’t Shadow Orchid and I will be fine with that.

1 Like

the definition of what a shadow character is, is only in your head. You have only seen one after all. Two, counting Omen.

1 Like

No. Omen is not a Shadow character. He is his own entity. Kilgore is not a Shadow Fulgore. I don’t want Orchid possesed by another Omen with blue skin like Shago. If it is something else, it isn’t a shadow character. I am fine with a clone Orchid. Not a shadow Orchid though.

3 Likes