: Whos your main and has it changed?

Shame on you :wink:

Hahah aria is fantastic! I love her.

When the game was brand new, I desperately wanted to play my favorite character from old KI2 - Tusk. In his disappointing absence, I went with the next largest human warrior, Thunder. I loved the warpaint and his whole motif. I fell in love with his character design and played him well even though he was considered bottom tier at the time.

One day I was fighting online and realized that Sadira was giving me more trouble than any other character. So I started to learn how she fights in practice mode and fell in love with her unique playstyle with the double jumps, mid-air combos, and air-only projectiles. It was a difficult thing to accept, but I realized not only do I think sheā€™s more fun to play than Thunder, but I do much better when Iā€™m playing her.

When we finally got S1 story mode, Sadira was the one I used to beat Shadow Jago.

Season 2 was announced, and as soon as I realized Tusk was not in the roster, I stopped playing KI for a long time, though I kept up on character releases.
Thatā€™s how I met Hisako. It was love at first sight. My past flings with Thunder and Sadira suddenly meant nothing to me. I needed Hisako in my life. I wanted her deep inside meā€¦ Like with her Possession command move. I needed to be a vicious Hisako player. I truly dedicated myself to her.

Then Omen caught my eye. There was a time I looked disdainfully upon the bonus character who looked poorly rendered. But aside from Sadira, I realized I have a place in my heart for underrated characters. (I care a lot less about Thunder now that heā€™s a top tier character.) But I decided I want to be one of the players who makes Omen a frightening character.

And thatā€™s where Iā€™m at today. Sadira and Omen are my 2 Shadows. Iā€™ll replace Sadira with Hisako when I can.

And they will all fall behind me when I can play Tusk. The character Iā€™ve been waiting to play literally since day one.

She is. Aria rekindled my KI spirit. Also got some expert tips from @Dayv0 and @Infilament so soon I will be d a m n near unbeatable LoL

1 Like

My main history:

Always loved:
-Villains
-Ugl-y characters(Really??? Canā€™t say Ugl-y???
-Grapplers and zoners
-Low tier/under used characters
-Slow and powerful characters

KI 1: Spinal and Fulgore, loved Eyedol
KI 2: Fulgore and Gargos
KI 2013:

-On release, I played Thunder as the grappler-powerfull character of the cast, and I really enjoyed him. Before Spinal release, also started to play Glacius, who eventually become my main. Still, I like to change characters and never stick always in the same.

Once Spinal came out, I mained him until Fulgore. I like Spinal, but he doesnā€™t fit in my style.

Then Fulgore goes out, and I fall in love with the character. Love all about him, and mained him, with Glacius as secondary.

I tried Kan-Ra on release, I like a lot all about him. I played him a lot time, but at the end I prefered other characters over him.

At this point, I dropped a bit Fulgore in Glaciusā€™ favor. I love the robot, but I normally get better results with Glacius, and he is so unique and fun to play.

Omenā€™s gameplay and background instantly got me. As a Gargos fan, his herald was a must for me. Two things are what stops me in making him my main: His appearance, wich I expect gets improved and itā€™s not so important, but the main reasonā€¦

AGANOS

First sight love. His mechanics, his appearance, all. I could speak all day about how much I love MS and IG for this character. Itā€™s brilliant.

When ARIA got out, also I fall in love with her too. And hey, itā€™s the ā€œvillainā€ of S2, so letā€™s give her a try XD. Itā€™s very fun to play as ARIA.

At the moment, Aganos, Omen, ARIA and Glacius are my most used characters, albeit i like using Fulgore, Thunder, Jago, Kan-Ra, Cinder, Riptor and TJ.

Maya itā€™s the character I use the least. I simply hate her so much when I fight her, that I canā€™t use her XDDD

For Season 3, iā€™m expecting a lot from Gargos and Eyedol

1 Like

I have switched back and fourth between Jago and Thunder ever since Season 1. I picked up TJ Combo mid-Season 2, but I havenā€™t played him that much lately, Iā€™m not a fan of his new boring auto doubles. The Season 2 cast is good for the community for diversity, but I wasnā€™t really gripped by any characters like Jago and Thunder in Season 1. I am hoping Season 3 throws up some characters I would enjoy enough to main. I will definitely play Shadow Jago a lot when he drops.

Everything about him is exactly what I waited for. Iā€™m glad I did.

1 Like

When the new KI first came out I mained Sabrewulf. Iā€™m a huge werewolf buff, so it was a natural thing for me to pick him up. I loved the character. After watching Maxā€™s Week of Sadira, though I fell in love with her. She was really difficult to pick up, but once I mastered her tools, I was sold.

The only other character that I REALLY like is Spinal.

Yep.

Season 1 I started with Thunder. When Kan-Ra came out, I switched to him because players kept running from Thunder. When HIsako came out I switched to her to deal with the rushdowns that got past Kan-Raā€™s traps. Now Iā€™m on her full-time.

And you can guess whatā€™ll happen if IG comes out with another awesome Grapplerā€¦

My main has always been: Riptor/Fulgore that hasnā€™t changed yet and it never will. Cinder close second behind them.

Thunderā€™s been my main since Season one, which Iā€™m torn about. I like him so much I think that it would take something extremely special to take over my Main position, though a Gears of War guest, Tusk, or some medieval knight type character might be enough to do it.

Hisako and hopefully Shadow Jago when heā€™s out. I changed to Hisako after playing Jago through Season 1 and most of Season 2.

Iā€™m actually really happy with the diversity in here.

Well technically at the moment, no one since I recently I sold my X1 for various reasons. Mainly because a slim model is inevitable.

Once it comes to PC though, Iā€™ll be playing Hisako, my main used to be Cinder.

I was a kid when the original KI came out and Jurassic Park had released not too long ago, so Riptor was the obvious choice. I dabbled in Glacius and Jago as well.

In KI2 I mained Jago, but also played the entirety of the cast save Maya (who was just terrible) and TJ (who my brother mained).

In KI 2013 I main Sadira and have pretty much since launch, though I did start out with Jago at the MS stores prior to launch. Got interested in Sadira from seeing Campbell body the entire MS/DH team with her on one of the pre-launch streams :smile: Iā€™ve stayed pretty consistent with Sadie, but also picked up Hisako as a counter-pick to Sadira since I hated the mirror.

Ironically, Iā€™ve since found Hisako to be so much fun that I play her for just about every MU, but on occasion Iā€™ll revert to Sadira if I need to really turn it up or just want to make sure I keep her in practice. Hisako is a ton of fun though - in truth Iā€™m probably only a nominal Sadira main at this point. The ghost girl is just too much fun.

Iā€™ve also dabbled in Thunder, Orchid, Maya, and Aria. Only the Aria is good enough though to make the cut to tertiary character - the others are strictly for playing with friends who are brand-new to the game.

1 Like

Donā€™t change yet! Maybe I will my main change, if only season 3 good character. Vampire or (MAYBE) Arbiter.

Iā€™m a Wulf main at heart, but Iā€™ve certainly found a few other favorites.
Jago, Fulgore, Spinal, and Riptor come to mind. Iā€™ve found that having characters with a lot of flexibility really clicks with me.

I predict Kim Wu will be the next grappler

Lol its not gonna happen!

Started off with Jago then swapped to Glacius. Never been a fan of zoning until I started playing him.

Back during the days of the first KI, I played Wulf, Riptor and Spinal. Something about the inhuman characters got me, thatā€™s actually how I got started on KI to begin with.

When S1 was announced and they showed Wulf fighting Jago in the reveal, I knew then, that Wulf was for me, at least to start. Thereā€™s something about a character like Wulf that always wants to be in your face that I love.

Then the bone man himself came out. And I lost it when we saw his kit. The vortex possibilites, the nigh-infinite meter when youā€™re on a roll, the ability to shut down the rest of the cast with relative ease. I played Spinal when he came out and everyone thought he was bad and low-tier, and I even played a few pros with my Spinal. Didnā€™t win anything, but I showed them a little of the strength of Spinal, because there really werenā€™t any big names on the character at the time (Iā€™ve been surpassed by Bass NS since then, but I donā€™t remember him playing then).

S2 came around, and with it, the Riptor tease. Finally, the old crew was back together. Except, something was wrong. This new Riptor felt wrong, like she was missing something. To this day I still canā€™t put my finger on exactly what is wrong with Riptor, but sheā€™s not right. Maybe itā€™s the dumb redesign. Maybe itā€™s the tail/fire breath thing. I donā€™t know. Point is, I canā€™t use her, so I lost a big part of my team.

But then since I needed that third spot that was left by Riptor, I decided to pick up someone who was, hypothetically my dream character, Hisako. A counter-based character who had a few command grabs. Iā€™ve always loved counter based characters, part of the reason I love Spinal so much is the ability to essentially counter any special moves. So I looked into her a little bit. Sheā€™s fun, really fun, actually, but she canā€™t stand up to Spinal, but she took over Wolfā€™s spot as my secondary, moving him down to 3rd.

Then that weird-o Toad came out. I was skeptical at first ā€œhow is a watered down TMNT going to stand up to Spinal and Hisakoā€ I asked myself. I answered that question a day later with a resounding ā€œextremely wellā€. Rash is so much fun to play, the tongue mechanic is awesome, Wrecking Ball is fun, and the ā€œbaaā€ soundbite on Charge is hilarious, it makes me smile every time I hear it. Itā€™s nice to have an invincible wake-up finally as well. I donā€™t know if Rash is going to take the top spot from Spinal, but heā€™s definitely taken the second spot from Hisako, kind of knocking Wulf out of the group.

Sorry Wulfy, Iā€™ll always remember you