Who in your opinion is the cheapest fighter in game?

Depends what you’re trying to punish.

Rash is negative on all specials and tongue options (though the angle he comes in at matters on whether or not you can press a button), so if he comes in hard his turn should generally be over. Some of his better normals aren’t really punishable when done at max range, but in general Rash isn’t particularly safe.

Mira is negative after any special except for heavy trephine. Reaping mixups are both -3, and if you can catch her you can generally punish mist as well. She does have ways to keep consistent pressure on you or avoid punishment, but these will generally cost either meter or blood. She can be hard to hit, but she isn’t particularly safe.

I haven’t played against Eyedol a ton, so not sure on when and where he’s plus. He definitely seems to have at least some plus pressure options, as I’ve gotten counter hit trying to poke back with a 6 frame button, but I don’t think that’s his norm. His shadow and instinct DP’s should be much easier to punish now, ditto his jump+HP, and anything he does in mage mode is generally punishable. I think he’s probably still getting away with an awful lot due to character unfamiliarity though.

So should I just block until he’s open?

What about her mix-ups with the bats?

Pretty much. If Rash does a special, block and push a button - it is now your turn. Try and find a button with good speed and decent range, and don’t let him just throw stuff at you in succession. The only special he has that is legitimately hard to punish is tongue, but even that can be punished if you can find a good enough button for the task. It’s not the frame advantage on the move that makes it hard to punish, it’s the angle. A lot of Rash’s aerial stuff follows that rule, and the ground stuff is conventionally negative on block.

Depends on who you play. I personally try to not be wherever Mira’s bats are, but I’ve got a wall jump, a teleport, and a move that changes my aerial trajectory and puts out a big fat hitbox in front of me. When I play Jago, I usually charge fireball if I’ve got the time (clears two bats) or jump with his pizza cutter to trade with her if she’s air dashing. With Tusk I spirit step under bats, and with all my characters I shadow counter if I have the meter and am forced to block an ambiguous aerial hit. Change the spacing game as much as possible if she throws them and you can’t avoid them - better to have them hit you far back or right up close (where she’s more likely to stay grounded to pressure you) than to be sitting at the distance you were at when she threw them. People place projectiles like Mira’s bats at the range they want to be in for the mix up; force them to modify that spacing to go for something that’s maybe a little more cut-and-dry to block.

1 Like

My picks for cheapest characters are

1. Jago
  2. Shago
  3. Rash
  4. Omen
  5. Kan Ra

Well, @ZAXIMUSDECIMUS, and @GeneralScrebor (and maybe others) are simply listing who they think is cheapest. I’d like to know WHY they think they’re cheap. It helps elevate the discussion. If we simply make lists, then this will be a very short and uninteresting thread. So, for example, I could say that Sadira is cheap because she has really good in-air combos that I struggle to get around - that identifies why I think she’s cheap, and gives others substance that they can then use to either counter that point or help me change that by helping me become more informed. :wink:

1 Like

My reasoning is as follows. For my top 2 spots Jago and shago is because just about every player I’ve seen play these guys hang out on the other end of the screen and hide behind endukens all day.
Omen has got the same problem, but he has a little more going on, so he is lower on the list. Rash because he hides behind wrecking ball and butt licking. Finally Kan Ra does a whole lot of bandage tornados but I can still hit him with an over head, but it hurts alot if you get stuck in it.

1 Like
1 Like