Whip Character ala Simon Belmont

So a buddy of mine sent me this video and first thing I thought of was how sweet it would be to have a Simon Belmont whip wielding character in KI. Watch the video and let me kno what yall think https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHlFYHticq4

3 Likes

Love whip-wielders in fighting games and otherwise, and would LOVE to see more male characters wield whips in games! It’s almost always some dominatrix woman who wields a whip, such as Sofia from Toshinden, Ivy from Soul Calibur and Catwoman from DC comics.

Speaking of Simon Belmont:

I am not a fan of the shorts, so make them full-pants and I would love to see something like this. A man wearing black leather/latex with spikes and studs, looking sexy and badass, and I love red hair. <3

2 Likes

I can go either way. Male Simon Belmont type would be cool or maybe if they gave the whip to maya’s sister Mira it could be cool too.

that would be cool! Im currently playing Castlevania Mirror of Fate on my 3DS and wow! Its awesome! I wish this game was on XB1 or PS4! Or a game close to it!

Im surprised Simon isnt in Smash…but to have him in a FG would be cool!

1 Like

Love those castlevania games! I wish they were on the big systems too.

I seen there was one basically the same for Xbox 360 but it is not backwards compatible yet. i voted for it to be backwards compatible on the voting list. We shall see

I’m just leaving this here don’t mind me:

3 Likes

Chains>whips

2 Likes

Chain Whip. <3

2 Likes

I remember when the MK team reimagined Jarek for MK Armageddon and gave him a whip and suddenly he was a character I wanted to use.

Don’t get me wrong, they barely scratched the surface of its potential, but it made a character that was basically a Kano ripoff in MK4 a fun and somewhat unique character.

I also really enjoyed Omega Red in X-Men: CotA, and a lot of his attacks seem kinda whip-based.

I could definitely see a more survivalist type of character using a whip in several ways. I’d also like to see a character that can spin short swords in their hand.

Apparently I just want to reenact the final scene from Brotherhood of the Wolf lol.

1 Like

Don’t forget Takeda from MKX who used whips!

1 Like

Love Takeda in MKX!
Just too bad his Lasher variation sucked… had hoped to whip around all day with him.

Oh yeah! And Marvel’s Whiplash!

1 Like

Brotherhood of the wolf ftw!!!

1 Like

Love that movie! <3

1 Like

Sotn insiperd yes