Which song drives you?

I blame that whistling instrument and the drums.

2 Likes

I had no idea that Negasonic Teenage Warhead named herself after a song that debuted in 1995. LOL! Thatā€™s officially at least 1 reference from Deadpool that I didnā€™t get. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Also props to Paint It Black - I loved that song ever since I 1st heard it in the Twisted Metal Black video gameā€™s rolling credits.

Another song that I really like is Through the Fire and Flames by DragonForce. Now thatā€™s a song that gets me pumped up! Lord knows it made my fingers bleed in the Rock Band games. :persevere:

There are too many songs that I like in many different genres and languages. To list them all I guess it would take me weeks to do that, so I will just name some that I can think of at the moment.

1. Songs that cheer me up:
    The Star - Exo (Korean)
    Gee - SNSD (Korean)
    Oh - SNSD (Korean)
    Share the World (One Piece Opening Theme Song) - DBSK (Japanese)
    You and Only You - Kangsom Kanatat (Thailand)
    Treasure - Bruno Mars
    Sugar - Maroon 5

2. Songs make me feel relax (Most of them are instrumental music):
    When The Love Falls - Yiruma
    River Flows in You - Yiruma
    Love is Like s Flower - Danbi
    I Always Miss You - Danbi
    Dong Song Lo Dang - CafƩ Yesterday (cannot find this piano version of the song anymore but luckily I have it saved)
    Wo Ai Yu Ye Hua/ I love Rainy Night Flower - S.H.E (Taiwanese)
    Sakura Mankai - Morning Musume (Japanese)
    Tears of Tropical Fish - Flower (Japanese) (Cannot find it on Youtube anymore :sob:)
    Sun to Sunflower - Flower (Japanese) (Cannot find it on Youtube anymore :sob:)
    Baby- Exo (Korean)

3. Songs that make me feel emotional:
    Nhat Ky Cua Me - Hien Thuc (Vietnamese)
    La Tu Em Da Tinh - Ho Duong Lam (Chinese song but I only know the songā€™s name in Vietnamese)
    Ye Qu - Jay Chou (Chinese)
    Unwavering Emotions - PokƩmon X and Y
    Kiss of A Rose - Seal

4. Upbeat songs that make me feel like I can go out there and Riptor them all, then conquer the world:
    Nemo - Nightwish (one of the very few rock songs that I love)
    In The End - Linkin Park
    Fan - Epik High (Korean)
    Diva - The Replay Company
    Animal - The Replay Company
    Angel with A Shotgun - The Cab

5. Song(s) that make(s) me feel relax, inspire and focus on doing my projects and assignments:
    Path Of The Wind (Totoro OST) - Joe Hisaishi (The legendary song to me, no other songs can beat it at this moment. Must be the piano version)

ā€¦And other Ghibli Studio movieā€™s sound tracks.

2 Likes

Lmao I just picture a distraught face filled with pure confusion as he lays there knowing he dun goofed up.

Lol ā€œbust a moveā€.

Hah.

[quote=ā€œoDragonSpirit, post:23, topic:10912ā€]
Riptor them all, then conquer the world:
[/quote]

I got youā€¦

Donā€™t you hah me David.

This pretty much sums up the whole song :joy:

Best song of the year, 10/10, I love it!

1 Like

Yeah I like a decent amount of rap from Run DMC, NWA, Public Enemy, A Tribe Called Quest up through Dr. Dre, Snoop, Eazy-E, Ice Cube, Warren G, Nate Dogg, Daz, Kurrupt, Xhibit, Bone Thugs N Harmony, Wu-Tang Clan, Tupac, Notorious BIG up to Eminem, Jay Z, Master P and most of those No Limit people like Mystikal, C-Murder, Mia-X, Silk the Shocker, etc and a lot of the Atlanta stuff with Juvenile and the people at Cash Money. There are a few rappers I like out there today like Lil Wayne, Wiz Khalifa, Fetty Wap and maaaaybe a song or two by Kanye. Maybe.

Honestly, I like most stuff. 60ā€™s up through today. Whether itā€™s The Stones, The Who, Skynyrd, Zeppelin, Sabbath or Roxette, The Go Goā€™s, Joan Jett, or Heart. 90ā€™s Grunge, modern folk, maybe a little country here and there.

Love Industrial, obviously, and metal, from the 70ā€™s stuff like AC/DC, Judas Priest, Rush up through Metallica, Pantera, Megadeth up through Sevendust, Slipknot, Coal Chamber, Godsmack etc up to more current stuff like Trivium, Avenged Sevenfold, Lamb of God, etc. I even still like some rap rock, even if itā€™s a fun genre to crap on these days. Say what you will about lyrics and what not, but Reanimation by Linkin Park is still a well put together album that (somewhat) holds up.

So much more stuff I could put on that list! Far too many to mention. KMFDM, Our Lady Peace, Anthrax, Chimaira, Stabbing Westward, The Donnas, Pistol Annieā€™s, Guns N Roses, Tommy James & The Shondells, Rise Against, David Bowie, Robert Palmer, Deam Martin, Ministry, Gordon Lightfoot, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Beck, Seven Mary Three, Primus, Grandmaster Flash, Prince, Frank Sinatraā€¦ Too many to list!

Oh and a little band called Tool, who might be one of the best ever. Yes. Ever.

Sure absolutely! Now, Iā€™m a little prone to hyperbole, but the first song, top of the list above is ā€œJambiā€ by Tool.

Reason I put that, is because itā€™s one of the most audially perfect songs Iā€™ve ever heard. Itā€™s seven minutes and twenty nine seconds and I actually wish it were longer. It takes you on a journey, it builds and dissipates and rebuilds with smaller crechendos up to the big one going from this Pink Floyd-esque background guitar up to straight metal.

Everything, every note, every lyric, each soundā€¦ Itā€™s just amazing. Here comes the hyperbole: I think itā€™s one of the best songs released in the last 40 years. If Tool were mainstream, if their style was mainstream, if people consumed music like they did twenty years agoā€¦ If there were a perfect storm of opportunity, where s song like this, which is so long and so different could actually get radio play and get noticed in the right era of musical consciousness, itā€™d be considered one of the greatest songs ever written.

I believe itā€™s that good, and I believe that band is one of the most criminally underrated groups since The Grateful Dead.

Hmm, took a little too long on one song lol. Think Iā€™ll stop there. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

basically any 90s baby who grew up in front of MTV

i surprised myself as i have grown fascination with instrumentals and experimental music, 20s-50s and new age/ classical!

1 Like

enough said.

(and by extension, all related songs by those people.)

1 Like

ā€¦Yeahā€¦werenā€™t expecting that were ya?

ā€¦Actually not really, but there are so many songs I wouldnā€™t know where to start, so Iā€™ll just start here:

2 Likes
2 Likes

These songs are just so energizing for me. In fact, the entire soundtracks of these games are great. I also find myself often listening to Freedom Planet, Killer Instinct and Sonic game soundtracks. A game with a good soundtrack can make all the difference.

P.S. Iā€™ll make sure to replace the FE song above with the English version when it releases tomorrow.

2 Likes

"CANā€™T STOP THE FEELING!ā€ :heart_eyes:

canā€™t help but smile throughout this song

Youth

helps me relax after a tense situation

Seeing Stars

gets me in a upbeat mood

2 Likes

I can so totally picture Rash players tuning out to Miley Cyrus:

#ā€œI came in like a wrecking ball!ā€

1 Like

This made me get depressed and sad (must containedā€¦theā€¦tears)

This makes me feel calm and relaxed and who can forget about the drums in the end?

Since Iā€™ve became a new Doom fan thanks to the new game, Iā€™ve played the first two games and
this made me feel like I want to dance as itā€™s my favourite Doom track

This one actually made me feel in-tensed almost like Iā€™m actually in Hell and for a 20 something year old game, thatā€™s saying something.

Around the age of 6, my dad play me this music to calm me down incased I was hyper. It felt smooth, relaxing and made want to cry at the same time.

1 Like

Hereā€™s the English version of the song posted above. Andā€¦holy god this is hype.

1 Like