I would lie if I say I don’t miss seeying the Wulf playing at top 8.
One of the things I like the most in tournaments was watching some top Wulf players, for instance: I really miss MyGod playing him.
The last tournament Dayton tried Wulf vs Nicky’s Fulgore and despite I don’t loathe the match up it can be a hard one for the Wulfie. I was happy he picked the dog, but I knew it was going to be hard u.u
I can’t tell you how much I would love to see more Wulfs playing top 8 but since the nerfs (yes, I do think some stuff were op, like other characters as well) and other characters having better options or being higher tiers I see it’s not going to happen.
Maybe is pretty clear:
- Wulf is not top tier anymore (having a lot bad match ups)
- it’s a match up most top players know very well (same as Sadira, which everybody at top play knows her by heart or that it seems).
- His risk reward game isn’t good enough. The moment he is broken and the flip out happening he would have to get in again and it’s specially hard with some characters.
- His damage isn’t that good.
- He has nice buttons, but not a big toolset
- Very easy to break
I’m not saying Wulf is bad at all, I’m saying he might not be viable for top play anymore, and I’m sad to not seeying him there considering I enjoyed watching the character very much