What's your job? Previous jobs? School?

Lol. Nah, every place has something to recommend it, so I was more being playfully sarcastic/rude :yum: Iā€™m glad you enjoyed the city.

And yes, White Castle burgers are friggen amazingā€¦until they make their way through your digestive system :skull_crossbones:

1 Like

Thanks for the assist!

I was just making a glib joke @ZDhome. I didnā€™t mean to cause a ruckus.

1 Like

I currently work for AT&T as an Advanced Tech Support and IOS Supportā€¦ In short, I get paid good money to save people from their cell phones. :smiley:

3 Likes

How many people come to you with an issue so simple it can be solved with the most basic solutions?

(i.e. Turning it off, and back on, or replacing the battery / sim card, or just changing an option in ā€œsettingsā€)

70% in that respect.

1 Like

I manage teams that perform secondary-market portfolio analysis.

Basically - I clean up after adult children as they fail to capture data and assess risk accurately.

11 Likes

I am a high-paid consultant and poor dad. What I earn during the day, I lose when I come home.

Anyway, the high-paid part is just a joke. The consultant and poor dad are not.

6 Likes

audio visual maintenance. jack of all trades. you break it, we fix it. we bust as$ day in day out, we will work in the pouring rain, or in the coldest or hottest of days. no rest for the wicked!

7 Likes

I am a creative director of a fashion company in London! We are a supplier of fashion witch means we design for many brands.

Witch means I have to know what you are going to want to wear over a year in advance. Pictures, mood boards, fabrics and colours.

Basically if you have ever seen the devil wears Prada Iā€™m her lol

http://media2.popsugar-assets.com/files/thumbor/9l4OzG7MXPuftvVgz9sAKWM6tt4/fit-in/1024x1024/filters:format_auto-!!-:strip_icc-!!-/2014/11/10/850/n/1922283/ec863ae30d568fc9_tumblr_mz7tzkaqkL1snueb1o1_500/i/Miranda-Just-Quotable.gif

We design / sell / manufacture commercial garments for the whole high street. So everything from All saints / Top shop / zara down to the super market and value need / wallmart / sainsbury / primark. (Plus like 30 more :sleeping:)

I see people wearing our stuff all the time and itā€™s usually featured in GQ etc. It can be funny to tell someone that they are ā€œwearing my shirtā€ not I donā€™t have itā€¦ the shirtā€¦ itā€™s my design :joy:

Upside and down side is that Iā€™m on around :airplane:50 planes a year to checking manufacture in / India / turkey / Pakistan / China but I also get to so all the trade shows and so competition shopping in / London / LA / New York / Seoul / Tokyo / Berlin / Paris / Amsterdam / Italy etc (plus more)

Itā€™s a silly job, I donā€™t save any lives yet people take it very seriously. You can never turn off because fashion moves fast.

Lots of shoulder rubbing with investors that rely on us to set the direction.

Underneath all of that Iā€™m a HUGE gaming and obviously KI GEEK witch is the polar opposite of me at work.

Great thread :heart:

Nowā€¦

7 Likes

So far I havenā€™t had a lot of issues with any truck drivers being that bad. The worst issue I tend to have with them is there are several that come through that are Indian (turbans & everything) and there is sometimes a bit of a language barrier.
Aside from that the biggest issue Iā€™ve had with anything is dealing with trying to call management back in the plant late at night. Itā€™s nearly impossible. 2 separate occasions in particular come to mind, one was when one of the supervisorsā€™ mother was dying and her family was trying to get ahold of her, and the other was when a lady came to get her husband because their daughter was in labor and was a high-risk pregnancy because she was diabetic and they needed him to drive them to a specialty hospital. When sh** like that goes down they need to have someone at the phone to pick up.

2 Likes

After I finished High School, I was a Teacherā€™s Assistant for the Summer Quarter. It paid well. The heat was no joke but the experience of being on the other side of the desk was refreshing. It was a shame when I had to leave the position as the job itself came to a close with the end of the program I was aiding to teach.

As for school, Iā€™m starting my second quarter this fall for a degree in Computer Science!

3 Likes

Do you replace ā€œWhichā€ with ā€œWitchā€ on purpose?

Iā€™ve been working as a game tester for the last year or so. The pay can be better, the job could be a little les repetitive but its alright. Not sure if I can mention which company I work for though.

2 Likes

Yes, me too but not like 50. Letā€™s just say I fly ā€œa lotā€. I am still not used to flying though, itā€™s really tiring on your body. Also, the endless waiting affects oneā€™s mind too.

Btw, youā€™re in the world and profession I always wanted to work in mysel at one point in time. Beautiful models and faces, and cute designers, different from letā€™s say a fantasy world where the designers are named Kim Wu.

1 Like

ALWAYS :laughing:

1 Like

FOR REAL!

flying kills you. its more physical than people think ands really hard wearing! Im not a huge fan of it. YES im very very lucky ive almost seen the whole world and ive been paid for it BUT i dont love it.

Hhaha @BoJima404 never too late to get into fashion! just to warn you those cute faces hide MANY sides! you have to be Killer rank or ABOVE to last in this industry! 11 years and counting but i cant do this for ever! its way to intense, im tired of my own voice :rolling_eyes:

Kim Wu is a design student (so it would seems)ā€¦ Trust me shes the type of girl who will never work in this industry lol. No one who dresses like that knows what fashion is lol. We had many like her at my UNI. The type that just likes to be different but ends up just being ugly :blush:

2 Likes

I fly a lot too. I do science and technical capacity building related to agriculture, food safety and environmental risk assessment. Itā€™s not substantially different than consulting, although Iā€™m not a consultant. In practice this involves reading and writing papers and then talking to and presenting/lecturing to large numbers of people over and over again. Probably not 50 flights a year but close to it and long ones (12 hours+). It really takes a toll on you physically and mentally to spend so much time on planes. It often takes me a week to revive from the jet lag and the low grade infections and then Iā€™m back on another plane.

5 Likes

i totally agree! mine are long and short haul zzzZZZzzz

we all need to retire! hahhah!

1 Like

Last time I went to school was in votech. It was a great plains tech center I Went there for four years. One was for graphics class, the other was for game design and 3D animation.
(I was a student form 2007-2011) and on that same year, I took a job as an intern at this place called CGI. I loved working there but didnā€™t have a degree to stay. So now Iā€™m currently in college trying to get that degree.

3 Likes

This is the part people donā€™t understand. My wife is a teacher and Iā€™m hugely popular at the staff parties:

" where have you been lately"
ā€œI spent last week in Kenyaā€
ā€œOoh Kenya! Thatā€™s so exciting! Did you see any lions or elephants?ā€
ā€œNo I didnā€™t see any ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  elephants. I saw the airport, the back of a half dozen cabs, a hotel room and two conference halls because I was working and not on safari. Then I came home to see my family instead of taking a few days to see the sights because Iā€™m away from home 100 nights a year as it is and I miss my kids more than I want to see a god ā– ā– ā– ā–  lion.ā€
:open_mouth:
ā€œWell, I guess there was a fake elephant in the hotel lobby.ā€

7 Likes

Donā€™t forget taking bait (on purpose) on Ultra-combo.com while being sick in bed.

2 Likes