What would Omen's color 7, 8, and 9 look like, along with his retro costume?

It’s be cool if omen has armor like yoshimitsu from Soul Calibur/Tekken.

2 Likes

7: Hot Pink

8.white with gold mask

9.ghostly effect is swap a watery type effect colored blood red with ivory mask.

Retro: highly sculpted muscle, with heart and veins glowing brightly from within. no mask no face just two glowing eyes.

1 Like

I doubt he’d get a retro but if he did, just make it solid black like Noob Saibot in the old MK games, a muscular man in spandex with a big question mark on his face. :stuck_out_tongue:

Omen’s color 9 should be the new purple effect for Shadow moves with a mix of Gargos’ green fog. THAT would be cool.

To be completely honest I’m hoping the “shaders” Adam mentioned in that last Shadow Lords stream are some sort of VFX like the mimic smoke. Being able to tack on some extra purple or blue particle effects to Omen would looks amazing.

I’d love to see a dark purple color akin to the current Shadow Move effect, in fact, there was once a glitch that can turn Omen like this…

In addition, those who played Season 2 Story Mode would probably notice the different Omen colors used for the cutscenes. I’m not sure though which is more cooler, the purple one or the cyan-ish one.

This could be perfectly a Color 9 for him, and I shall nickname it as Dark Omen, if you must say.

6 Likes

Definitely the Purple Omen from the Thunder stage Rain color change.

A white one as mentioned above sounds cool and a green one would be cool as well as he doesnt have that color.

Rash’s retro doesnt look any different than his default… so Omen could also have something similar…maybe his retro is the normal Omen shape but with Skin like Gargos and Wings always out?
I think that would be sick!

3 Likes

Well the @developers said that everyone gets a mimic skin, so that means Omen the Grouch (i.e. green) is basically guaranteed. Plus, the mimic is separate from colors 1-9, so there’s more to come.

Purple is also a decent possibility, since a) it’s the new Shadow color, and b) it looks good.

That leaves Dark/Black/Shadow Omen, I think. Likely with a different color for his circulatory system (like purple or even black).

Maybe another really uncharacteristically bright color would be fun too.

3 Likes

Omen as a flesh and blood demon like retro Gargos would be badass.

6 Likes

Yes Non masky omen for the win

That purple omen is sexy.

3 Likes

Retro costume, why not something based around Pazuzu? Say a stone version of Omen, while also having different pallets, like a diamond, ruby, sapphire kind of colors to really fit with the statue theme. Face could be an ancient carving of a spirit or demon, and for accessories he could have a totem set where his face is a carving of three animals stacked on one another (Tiger, Dragon, and Ram maybe?)

Other than that, not sure what they could go with, alt wise.

And alt colors, I’d really like to see this make it in S4…

http://blok–head.deviantart.com/art/Killer-Instinct-Omen-Cinder-Color-553354909

2 Likes

I’d prefer that THIS be the “retro” look and give him an entirely new costume to improve this simple design.

Having him be engulfed in fire with a different mask? Or even without a mask, since it’d probably be before the corruption of Jago, therefore the Tiger Oni mask wouldn’t quite fit

Here’s some ideas I had:

So this:

4 Likes

Color 7: Black body, green outline and cyan electricity [basically mimic omen but with cyan colored electricity instead of blue]

https://forums.ultra-combo.com/uploads/default/optimized/3X/e/f/ef83349652234a8b1f6bba2d1734cf8e5429ca2b_1_500x281.png

Color 8: Gold/bronze with red eyes (like the tiger statue in jago’s classic stage) or cinder colored omen

Color 9: Shadow Realm Omen [Or as I like to call him, Mothman Omen]
https://forums.ultra-combo.com/uploads/default/optimized/2X/f/f3e514e09dbfd2bfa74522b87ad0849a0f68a56d_1_500x281.png

3 Likes

I’d like Omen in all white like Ori. Ori even fires little orbs like Omen does.

3 Likes

Nice. I bet @PVXenoraptor and @KIFANATIC8488 would like that.

3 Likes

Omens retro could be several objects and materials connected shaping a human form. Like any kind of parts. Parts of woods, iron. He could have a tv head. Any junk part. Like omen before possessing jago he was possessing random staff.

1 Like