What types of cheese do you enjoy?

I like eating many types of cheese but the one type of cheese I LOVE/ENJOY eating the most and cannot GET enough of too are the spicy cheeses including pepperjack cheese as well as jalapeño cheese :yum: :hot_pepper: :cheese:

http://www.traderjoes.com/images/fearless-flyer/uploads/article-944/9359-cut-jalapeno-monterey-jack.png

1 Like

I prefer white cheeses most of the time. Pepperjack, Parmesan, Gouda, Swiss, Mozzarella, Romano, Wisconsin Chedder, Bleu, etc.
I’ve got a soft spot for harder, chalkier cheeses, too, as well as cheap nacho cheese for when I feel like drowning in excellence.

2 Likes

^ I’d say the same. Cheese is awesome :yum:

1 Like

I’m more of a cheddah kind of guy, nice bologna sandwich with cheddah or a sub with jalapeño cheddah.

Can’t go wrong with cheddah in your burgahs either.

1 Like

Two cheese from Asturias, where I do live. If you have any chance to try them, do it.

Fair warning: If you try it, you will never have enough

Cabrales

Afuega’l pitu

God, I love them

2 Likes

I can’t say that I have a huge variety that I like, but here are some of them off the top of my head:

Mozzarella, colby, monterey jack, colby jack, cheddar, brick, cream chease, american, pepper jack, provolone, parmesan, ricotta and if I ever find myself at a cheese plate type of place, humbolt fog or manchego are pretty awesome.

Only two I can say I really despise are swiss and asiago. Can’t stand the smell of swiss and I don’t know why, but something in my brain tells me that asiago smells like vomit, so while I won’t eat swiss, I can’t even be near asiago lol.

Oh and just a very small, VERY easy cheese-centric recipe:

Take one brick of philly cream cheese, put it in a glass bowl and microwave it until it’s soft, but not melted. Usually takes about 30 seconds or so. Spread the soft cream cheese out so that it’s flat on the bottom of the bowl, relatively thin, but not so thin that you can see through it.

Take a can of Hormel chili and empty it in to the bowl on top of the cream chese and spread it out until it’s flat.

Grate half of a brick (about 4 ounces) of Monterey jack and half a brick (same) of pepper jack on a paper plate and mix them together a little before dumping the cheese on top of the chili (and cream cheese) in the glass bowl, then smooth the cheese out so it’s flat.

Set your oven for 350 and bake this until the cheese on the top is melted and bubbling. Usually takes around 20 minutes, I think. Eat this awesome dip with doritos.

1 Like

Jack and American. Not a fan of parm though.