What pop cultures shall join KI?

Prime makes me miss the days when Transformers was written by Marvel comic writers.
I would have rather seen a show that was more like the Cybertron games. THAT would have been amazing.
Prime felt like they were trying to shoehorn in too much stuff that wasn’t Transformers…like kids, and Bayformer asthetics…

Now this is a real transformer:

And this:

Not to mention…This is Arcee:

I don’t mind the old arcee. But I love the two wheeler. There was some inspiration from the bay films (mostly just bumblee’s look and megatron’s) which I didn’t mind. Some of the transformers designs from bay’s films are quite nice. They are not bad movies (although 4 was my least favorite). Could have been better though.

Eh, I loved it. Transformers has always been a kids show but a large part of the viewers were young adults. My fav transformers series by far. That and it took place after WFC and FoC plus a few books.

The designs WFC and FoC were made to appear like their G1 with some modifications or in some cases (like megatron) a completely different design.

I can’t think of anything to make a good psychic character but Jean Grey, Psylocke & Raven!

I mean Carrie true she’s got telekinesis.

Megatron in G1 really didn’t have much going on in terms of asthetics, mostly just a blank grey robot with a bucket helmet and the arm cannon, But they stopped using his original design when they changed toy gun laws…he’s been mostly a tank ever since. The Cybertron version is a little different, but it’s not too far removed from the original…you can tell it is Megatron just by looking at him.

Mostly I loved the personality of Cybertron Megs…I especially LOVED his back and forth with Omega Supreme when he was chasing Megatron in War for Cybertron…that was awesome.

Eh…there’s been worse representations of Megatron:

Th G1 characters looked like giant lego blocks sometimes. Kinda funny.

Ew, Transformers.

I prefer something more classy looking. Maybe put clockwork and steampunk together rather than just “another robot”.

1 Like

Nones wants to be metal. Suit yourselves. Way of the future.

Any steampunk ideas though?

Hmm… come to think of it, with the technology already in Killer Instinct, Steampunk seems rather unnecessary. ARIA’s and Aganos’ retros also already depict something clockwork/steampunk (I know they’re not the same).

Praise robots baby. They’re coming.

I’ll enjoy my fleshy shell until then.

But when you acquire you metal form you you’ll never look back.

You might need to have your neck adjusted then, so you can look back.

I’ll always remember, but never regret.

If we’re doing another robot I’d like to see something non-humanoid

I’m not sure how well that would work.

You threw up a battlemech? LOL!

Yes! And it’s beautiful!

It is. The last one reminds me of MG rex from MGS.

Indeed it is. I love playing Mechwarrior Online on PC. :wink:

1 Like