What new modes do you think should be introduced in season 3?

[quote=“Fwufikins, post:41, topic:562”]
Online training
[/quote][quote=“JEFFRON27, post:40, topic:562”]

ahem

Online Training Mode.

1 Like

Lots of good sugestions here.

Honestly, the only modes I want / need are Team Battle, and Team Elimination.

Both modes were in KI Gold…

Team Battle just had it where you could pick from a number of characters, 1 to 9, and go up against either an equal number of opponents, less, or more. I really didn’t play this mode much…because I enjoyed Team Elimination more.

Team Elimination was much the same as Team Battle, but in order to win / eliminate an opponent, you had to do an Ultra, or Ultimate on them, and the same worked against you. Typically I’d pick a team of 3 and go up against a team of 9 (the max), and I’d just do it over and over again. It would be awesome to have a mode like that, and even more so if there was an online component to it.

I love this idea lol.

Heroes and Heralds KI edition.
Aria has all bodies at once with 3 full sized normal healthbars(triple health). Bass body blaster drains opponents shadow meter on hit or on block.
Wings allow her to teleport and do air grabs while the opponent is on the ground.
Blade does double damage and potential danage than normal.
Instinct summons 3 drones blasters and they automatically fire.
Might as well be boss Aria.

By that, do you mena like a theare mode similar to how they did the trailers? I would love that.

Now that’s something I can agree on.

none, put time into making animated CGI cutscenes for story mode characters

Yes i mean soul calibur had it like 5 years ago i dont understand the level of can’t with this team

Meh, I got sick of SC after five. Just really too many things about the franchise that eventually bored me to death. Well that and SC was produce by big-time studio.

So long as we can get it I’d be happy. I think they can do it, the question was really time since it seemed alot of resources were spent on character development and programming. that and IG was new to it when DH got bought out by amazon. But since season2 is nearly over now it’s safe to assume IG’s got experience now. So there isn’t too many reasons why we shouldn’t expect even more improved quality.

At the end of the day though I’d love to have this mode. Think of potential it can have for KI related videos? imagine how much more awesome people’s fighting videos would be with the angles you can do. Hell I’m watering at the mouth thinking about it!

To be honest I’m sure they can pull it off easy. But I do wonder what method they use to film all these angles of the characters in the game for the trailers. Hopefully it’s within the games engine itself. And quite possibly for controls of the camera.

also: question; what’s with the passive-aggressive insults?

Im officially frustrated that my most favorite thing on earth is failing me.
My favorite character ever has a lettuce leaf head of hair in 2015 that is pieced and bald in the back. the only character in almost three years receiving training mode 1/1 is one. of almost 20. characters have halloween masks compared to elaborate clothing other fighters are showcasing. as an artist, unacceptable.

It simply deserves better and if i didnt care i wouldnt waste my energy.

Youd hate for your kid to be the one in the central park playground sandbox in the corner vomiting and bleeding from all holes would you not?

When even iphone games are receiving better passion in design and support, something is quite amiss. Wheres the money going?

Define it how you will, but when ancient gen trumps current, someone is putting sardines in the cake mix.

Honestly my veiw quite the same severity, But I love KI every-bit as much. Especially considering the fact that I hadn’t seen the ■■■■ thing 20 years prior, but I’ll admit the game isn’t perfect. Of course some accessories could be better costume tweaks, a huge number of things that many other people have discussed(sometimes to absolute death) But I don’t think it’s a good way to convince devs to change stuff around if you’re passive aggressive about it. the classic will always be a gem, but this KI isn’t the same stone as the one of the past, and the value will obviously vary.

That being said though, I wouldn’t give up in pushing for tweaks on the models like Orchid’s hair. Though seeing as DH was the one who developed it that issue kinda rests on them. Some characters may not have the same luxury as other fighters. If you mean between season 1 and season 2 yeah, of course there’s differences, it’s been done by two different teams.

The thing is I have no idea how big IG is as of now, but we still have a roster they need to build. But if I were you, I wouldn’t give up, because once season3’s characters are finished and we hopefully have certain features and modes included they can spend that time fixing some of the minor things wrong with the main costumes. I say this, because realistically speaking, they may not ever touch the retros but slight adjustments to the models shouldn’t have to be ruled out. It seems like it’s just a matter of priorities right now.

One thing I have learned though and I hate to say it: passive-aggressiveness can make things just a teencey bit difficult. I’m not saying spread rainbows and hug everyone, but if you want your points to be taken and to have some folks listen it’s easier to convince them with a more relaxed demeanor. You don’t have to super nice, but don’t sneak insults when critiqing either. Also: might be a good idea to share your issues in the feed-back section of the forums.

I think it may be a good idea to resume this in PMs.

forget it

Its lost

I think you missed their point.

You paid $80? You got KI1(worth $20) and KI2(worth $20) and both seasons(worth 40$). You really spent $40 for the product and another $40 for bonuses.

I sent you a PM

I want Tag Team it offers possibility of infinite ultras ala MVC3, when an ultra is performed they tag their partner to appear on the other side, recsptures and that ultra is performed, and so on,.

Just play ARIA :wink:

I have been wanting this for so long. It’s my most requested mode.

1 Like

Just for the last two weeks of August, lol

1 Like

Well I bought the ultra editions not for KI1-KI2 but for classic costumes. So in my mind I paid 20 extra for not so good classics.

Ahh, yet another ideas thread!
It’s been a while since I fired up the old copypaste machine, so here’s my ideas, detailed as best possible for now. FYI, if any of this gives vibes of deja vu, it’s because I have pushed at minimum tag team ideas in every version of the KI forums. Here I go again!

Tag Mode
Teams of two

Characters can only be selected once per team (cannot be Jago/Jago).

Health set at 150% per character.

Team shares an instinct meter, equivalent to 125% normal. Once triggered, it affects whichever character is in play. It however only resets the combo meter of the character who triggered it.

Each character has their own combo meter, which functions the same as it does in standard play. A tagged in player’s meter resumes where it left off when tagged out.

Combo meter also includes a colored “tag” meter under the yellow combo gauge.

Tags can only be performed during combos.

Tags have a set cooldown, can only be triggered two autodoubles after the previous use(in example).

Tags are performed by input command (e.g., qcf+k, f,d,f+p) and may be low med or heavy.

Combo breaker executed at the moment of a tag results in a “tag breaker”.

Tag breakers result in a double throw which grounds the escaping opponent and flings the incoming opponent back offscreen. Both take permanent throw damage.

King of the hill

Up to 8 players

Everyone in the lobby participates

Timer with three sections(current high located in top center)

The game starts with a normal match between two random players, the victor becomes king.

The segmented bar then fills up to %50 on each side of the timer. This is the “log”.

The log slides back and forth as the players fight, shifting with the momentum built from combos. When the log slides fully onto either side of the timer the person whose side of the bar it occupies is defeated. Defeated players are replaced by the next person in line.

If the fight carries on too long, the bar will change color, indicating a form of sudden death play.

In sudden death, when a player has more than half the log on their side, they’re considered to be “carrying the log”. The person carrying the log for more than a few seconds is beaten.

When a king is defeated their time on the throne is updated in the lobby under their gamertag. Players who have been king more than once see their highest time under their tag.

RPG mode

In RPG mode, players take the stock, IG-standard characters and play through scenarios or "missions"with some extra details apart from story mode.

Also among the missions are gauntlets of fighters that can be gone back to and farmed for XP.

Fighters will gain XP, leveling up periodically as they fight. Leveling gains the player skill points that can be used to unlock and customize additional command specials for that character from a pool of, say, four or so.

Existing characters will gain the four new abilities while season 3 characters will be created with particular movesets, including a selection of four extra specials to match the existing cast.

As each character already has a set number of specials, equipping a character with a new special means replacing an old one.

This mixing and matching of specials will add new ways to play each character, similar to MK variations, but with the added depth of a much greater number of possible combinations of moves per character.

RPG mode would also include a random encounter system which will pit players against each other, the winner gaining XP.

XP can be spent to purchase buffered versions of each piece of any character’s cosmetic accessories.

Skill points can buy new moves, or customize already owned moves with new effects. For instance, someone could put a point into upgrading Spinal’s shadow skull, adding a poison DoT that does a set amount of white damage to the opponent. Or, Orchid’s instinct fire cat can be upgraded to grab opponents and hold them in place for a couple of seconds or until she makes contact again.

This idea is incomplete, but this is the general direction I would take it.

2 Likes