What is YOUR Taunt? šŸ˜

You know that ā€œIā€™ll break you in half!ā€ quip that garnished your in-game Killer Instinct card the first time you booted up the game? With so many options available, thereā€™s a good chance that youā€™ve probably swapped it out for a taunt that better fits you, your favorite fighter, your play style, or something else entirely. Itā€™s one of the first things that your opponent sees, and it may give them a little insight into who you are as a fighter as the game loadsā€¦ What Iā€™m trying to ask is:

What taunt did you go with?

After bouncing through a new one per season, I ended up settling on Kilgoreā€™s

Shake off the rust

Why? Itā€™s a little message to me that even if I flub up a fight here or there, to just shake off the rust, and fight on! :robot: Nothing more, nothing less.

What about you? What is your current taunt, and why did you pick it?

-Zenek

For the Windows/Xbox version I use ā€œIā€™m the apex predatorā€ (because I started with Riptor)
and on Steam I have ā€œIf it bleeds, I can kill itā€ (for the Predator reference)

Spiritual Instinct, I just love it.

2 Likes

My KI card had a mix of Riptor, Glacius and Sabrewulf.

Riptor was the icon, Glacius was the Background and Sabrewulf was the taunt.

The taunt was ā€œEmbrace the animal instinctā€

1 Like

ā€œBeep Boopā€

3 Likes

i grow stronger with every win.

because i didā€¦at one time or another. ive been on hiatus

ā€œYou would love to get bodiedā€. Played Orchid just enough to unlock that one and havenā€™t played her since :joy:

Drop the controller and run

1 Like

I try to switch it up often but right now it is ā€œI do not fear the Darkā€

When I was a Wulf main in season one, I believe I went with ā€œThere is little human leftā€ and Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™ve stuck with that ever since, even though my background is from Kan Raā€™s stage. I should probably switch up my taunt to something Sadira related given how much I use her, but I still like Wulf a lot as a character. I just wish I enjoyed using him in this game more. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

ā€œWay of the Dragonā€

Iā€™ve been a fan of a lot of Bruce Lee movies and teachings. Iā€™m convinced that between that quote and Kimā€™s all yellow motorcycle outfit that itā€™s a KI homage to the movie ā€˜Game of Deathā€™ so I rock it often.

2 Likes

I am the apex predator.

Which is a total lieā€¦

4 Likes

Same

2 Likes

I blaze my own trail. It sends this message: I will play my characters the way I want to play them.

ā€œI have no grudge with youā€ itā€™s double edged because I really was a huge j - horror fan at one time and I kinda liked the pun, plus Iā€™m generally friendly and respectful when playing online and try not to hold grudges, even if that in itself ends up being a red rag to a bull sometimes. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Lol, was the reference of that? Ju On? I kinda find those players quite nice. Itā€™s like ā€œwe are going to beat each other to death, but itā€™s not personal, itā€™s coolā€ :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I think ā€œA storm is comingā€ (Thunderā€™s quote ? ) is a Terminator ref? Not sure, but I like it as well.

I should remember the ones I used beforeā€¦But without the XOne I canā€™t. I can say that the last one I use is the one I love the most.

I also used ā€œIā€™m not afraid of the darkā€ when in S2. Oh yes!, and used ā€œIā€™m the gate keeperā€ for a long time. But tbh the Spanish version is better, becuase I like the meaning and itā€™s feminine ā€œYo soy la guardianaā€.

Yeah, itā€™s from Ju On and yes thatā€™s the meaning Iā€™m trying to convey when playing with others online, it doesnā€™t always work, though. :joy:

1 Like

I should go back to rocking the Try Another Character taunt.
Because that was my philosophy as someone with Level 50 on every character! :grin:

1 Like