What is your preferred Killer Instinct controller?

Thats because games like MK and KI is superior on a pad than a stick. The only game that really needs a stick is street fighter because its the most technical fighter in the world. KI is a combo game it takes literally 0 skills to do a long combo you press the same buttons a whole lot of times so pad is perfect for this game. For MK the fact that you have to press a button to block also makes the pad way more superior than a stick as the L1 finally has a real use.

0 skills for a long combo? Comeback when you can do some Cinder juggles. Maybe some manuals as well.

2 Likes

Funny that ther former Evo Champion Luffy plays on Pad and it seems RB Snake Eyes is a pad player too. And SF is not the most technical fighter in the World.

@Topic

Play with what you want to play with. I personally switch between Elite Controller and SF 15th PS2 Anniversary Fightpad (on Xbox One). Since the D-Pad is similar to a Saturn Controller its way better than even the Elite. With the Elite i play ok - on the Fightpad i am way better.

I started playing here recently with the PC release, I tried playing with a x360 controller but had been using a PS4 controller for a long time. So I decided to hook up the PS4 controller to the PC and use that, I’ve gotten much better at pulling off specials since the dpad is much better.

Keyboard. Fight me.

Those whi dedicate themselves to keyboard deserves respect.

Exactly @SUPERSTARAAY I am an OG like you. SF2 on SNES, is where I got serious too. I could never do special moves in the arcades with the stick.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s been a given since the 360’s conception: the Dpad sucks on it. no way around it. The XB1 controller on the other hand has an excellent dpad. My only complaint with it is that excessive use (and I do mean excessive) can cause the tabs on the underside of the pad to wear out. But they’re easy to replace.

Yea I did read that, but I like the dpad placement much better on the PS4 so I went with that. I’ll probably pick up a fightstick later on, I just recently rediscovered my obsession with fighting games.

Sorry, It’s been a month since I posted the first one…I almost forgot I did.

I picked up a brand new Special Edition Copper Shadow X1 controller over the weekend. The buttons and triggers feel a bit “crisper” when you press them, and while it initially made me feel like I was getting my inputs a little slower, I’m really loving it already.

Since I have a few controllers now, the Copper Shadow one is mine exclusively, because it’s cool and I want to be selfish with it!

I’m currently using a MadCatz TE2 (KI Edition) for KI…

…though to be honest, I really wish I could be using my upgraded Qanba Q1. Ever since I swapped out the stock stick and buttons on that thing (for Sanwa parts), it’s become my favorite stick.

I’ve swapped all the springs in all of my joysticks for 2lb springs - and my JLF sticks have a Kowal Oversized Actuator in them (the HORI sticks really don’t need it, minimal dead-zone to begin with).