What is your preferred Killer Instinct controller?

• I’m a stick player!
  • I’m a pad player!
  • I mix between both!

0 voters

This poll is intended to paint a picture of how the pad-to-stick ratio compares among our community members.

This is just for fun, I’m just curious!

Personally, I’m mainly a pad player, but I own a stick and I’m learning to use it, slowly. So for now I’ve thrown my lot in with the “mix” option.

Pad all day long. I wanted to get used to a stick, but it is just to foreign to me, and I don’t have the time to devote to learning it.

Stick for fun and Elite for serious matches.

1 Like

How is the elite for FGs? I want to get one, but I have a nagging feeling that it isn’t that comfortable for FG.

As someone that grew up in the arcades, it really pains me to play a six-button fighter on a pad. Yet, I’m just too damn cheap to fork out $150+ on a stick. Hopefully there is a sale. I think I could MAYBE spring for one if it went to $99.

But then again, I’m such a horrible player that I am not sure what I’d do if I could no longer blame my controller.

1 Like

I play both. Pad when I am practicing a new character, stick for serious matches.

Played FG’s at the arcade using stick just not used to it. The first fighter I played was Street Fighter 2 on the Super NES so u could say I was already used to using a pad long before attempting to use the stick at the arcade. I do however want to get my hands on a fight pad but the only one available for xbox one is the MKX one which has bad reviews.

I have never owned or used a GOOD fightstick, but I think it could be fun.

Marvelous! I don’t use the pads at the bottoms do I just keep them in the case, use the regular DP but the circle is nice too. My main like is the bumpers as they are a relatively easy click. They don’t feel rough like a normal controller would. The grip is nice and overall a solid controller.

I highly recommend it!

Side note: The $50 may be a tad too much attached to the already $100, I can’t really say if it is totally worth it until I get a long-term use of the controller. As of now I love everything about it, if the controller last as long and even longer than a regular controller then it is worth every cent but yeah, still counting my days.

The MKX pad if ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■. I had my doubts before I bought it, but after I did and played with it for a while I regretted it. The d-pad is amazing, the buttons are just the worst. They used some sort of micro button tech for the face buttons, and they feel like they are from some Fisher Price toy. The worst part though is that the buttons sometimes just don’t register when you press them, but at the same time sometimes they register as double tap on other presses.

Long story short, I’ve grown to hate that controller.

1 Like

Fightstick. Grew uo around arcaded and consoles so i was a pad guy never learned to do or fitr all on stick. Whrn i got ki something was off so i took a limb got a te2 modded it for ps4 after using the guy who modded my te2 and used his atrox i traded my te2 and 2 games for a atrox that was dual moded

I dont regret it i can’t use any form of controler i use the analog stick like a joystick lol

You fightpad guys should grt the hori fightpad and a brooks converter

I couldn’t afford a stick at the time, eventually I got so used to the pad.

Pad player. Analog…But, it does pose it’s problems. Dashing is an acquired skill.

The standard XB1 pad. I pondered getting a stick a while back but there really is no point for me, I was born in the early 90’s and while arcades were thriving at the time, there was really no “arcade” where I lived. You could find a machine or two at like the local pizza place, movie theater etc. but that was really it so I have always primarily played on pads, and thats probably how ill always play lol

Can’t afford a stick, pad for days.

I’m a pad player, both by budget and by choice.
Looking to get a cool controller skin to liven things up.

I do some of both, but I’m strongest with a pad. I wasn’t around arcades much growing up, so most of any of my exposure to any kind of fighting game has been on consoles & pads. I have 2 TE2’s in my house (one I got for my oldest son), but I’m still getting used to using a fightstick, & when I use it I don’t react as quickly as I do on the pad. In all honesty I kinda wish someone would make a good 6-button wireless (optional wire) pad that was as good of quality as a regular xbone controller…id be all over that.

I’m a pad player and one of the first pieces of advice I normally give players I train with (based on my experiences) is don’t even think about touching that analogue stick apart from the menus. I am looking into (as of the time of this post) getting a hitbox, but I’ll come on to that at the end of this post. I’ve tried to use fightsticks in previous generations but not on the Xbox One yet.

The reason why I@m getting a hitbox or at least looking into it is because I’ve had two Elite controlers within the past 4 or so months and they’ve both broken within a relatively short space of time without much cause. The first had audio defects and then eventually the right bumper stopped working near completely and the second one suffered a fall from a small height onto a surface that wasn’t as hard as it might seem (which shouldn’t have damaged it as it did, making the left bumper literally sheer off at the connector inside irreparably). Consequently after getting the first replaced and having the second one break I chose to get my money back and am now looking into what I perceive to be a more solidly built option.

Here’s something I thought I might throw out there for anyone using a pad, because I had that problem: if you start to notice commands start dropping (diagonals, for example) you might need to replace the d-pad. Inside the controller it’s just plastic tabs rubbing on metal bubbles, & over extended use the tabs wear down. I had it happen on 2 different controllers…one lost diagonal down/left & the other lost diagonal down/right. I got some spare dpads from either Amazon or Ebay, I already had a security bit screwdriver, & swapped those puppies out, & I haven’t had an issue with either controller since.

I’m a pad player and one of the first pieces of advice I normally give players I train with (based on my experiences) is don’t even think about touching that analogue stick apart from the menus. I am looking into (as of the time of this post) getting a hitbox, but I’ll come on to that. I’ve tried to use fightsticks in previous generations but not on the Xbox One yet.

The reason why I’m getting a hitbox or at least looking into it is because I’ve had two Elite controlers within the past 4 or so months and they’ve both broken within a relatively short space of time without much cause. The first had audio defects and then eventually the right bumper stopped working near completely and the second one suffered a fall from a small height onto a surface that wasn’t as hard as it might seem (which shouldn’t have damaged it as it did, making the left bumper literally sheer off at the connector inside irreparably). Consequently after getting the first replaced and having the second one break I chose to get my money back and am now looking into what I perceive to be a more solidly built option.