What is the Future Story of K.I

an interesting idea!

1 Like

That little 'Covenant" is actually the new group “The Banished” from Halo wars and Halo 6, and we gotta put em down. @GalacticGeek WAHDYA SAY? Kick Some alien booty? :angry:
(This is like the 112354 time I tagged you today sorry lol)

Are you asking me to play Halo? :confused:

For KI to move on and increase the threat to the KI universe, there would have to be a new threat. EVERYTHING that we know of right now would be a step back from the Gargos invasion.

After Gargos is defeated, presumably the Guardians will return to the Astral Plane a long with Gargos and most likely Eyedol too. It doesn’t seem like Eyedol is interested in taking Earth, and really even if he was, I don’t think he could seeing as the Guardians are helping the Earthlings. So if the Shadow Lords go home, who would COULD stand to subjugate Earth’s fighters?

The Coven?

• No.

The Red Eyes?

• Nah.

Ultratech?

• ARIA does still have plans, and Orchid n’ Co. do still have an axe to grind. If there isn’t a new threat to face in S4/KI4, then UT would be the most likely advisory.

Alien threat?

• Maybe, but in my book that would fit the “new threat” mold. What if Halo’s Covenant came to Earth? Nah

Kan-ra?

• Kan-ra being the Boss cold be interesting, but I don’t see it happening. If he were to have gained the power of a Shadow Lord, that would be cool, but I see Kan-ra as a more of a wanna-be, rather than a boss.

what About Glacius Race?

But Season 3’s over and the story hasn’t ended yet. At least from what I’ve seen. I haven’t seen a canon ending where Gargos is destroyed and we know by whom and we certainly haven’t seen some sort of epilogue that sets up the next threat. Unless I missed something.

I could see this working really well actually. In season 4, you have an optional story battle that kickstarts the story tree for each character. It doesn’t even have to be different for each character, just an early battle with Gargos that starts off with “Gargos’ minions have requested to meet with Earth’s emissaries.”

If you choose “no,” then you keep fighting as you normally would.

If you choose “yes,” then you get an intro video telling the player that Earth was in a desperate way before a powerful being known as an Ichorien joined in on the side of Earth, thus evening the scales, but now the battle has been fought to a stalemate. Brokered by ARIA, Maya and Jago, an agreement is struck whereby a tournament will be held to determine the fate of Earth.

Is it an original concept? Heck no. This is Mortal Kombat territory through and through. But we’ve already got an evil being trying to gain access to Earth through a portal so he can invade so really, we’re already walking arm in arm with other genre tropes here.

Still, I think that it can be done in an original way, but it might not be easy. I’d think that entering “tournament mode” within Shadow Lords would involve each character having a story that has a beginning, middle and end. Perhaps you lose your two buddies and you’re taken to a literal tournament seeding where you face mimics, shadows, your rivals, friends
 Whatever story they wanted to tell all leading up to whatever decides their fate. Maybe they’re betrayed by a friend and nearly killed and that’s how their tournament ends. Maybe an Earth warrior changes sides. Maybe this character actually kills that character.

Of course, with any finality of that nature, one would have to think that a potential season 4 would be the final season. Unless they just want to keep telling a story where certain characters can’t participate (or can they? A certain sorcerer seems to have knack for resurrection).

Either way, I think it’s doable and I think it’d be VERY nice to move the plot along for every character instead of getting bits and piece here and there but it doesn’t seem like they’re really going in any direction.

We’ll see. I personally hope they don’t add a whole big new story mode outside of Shadow Lords. Even if they had the budget to really blow it out with a ton of cut scenes, my experience with the last two MK’s is that it’s a great thing to play through once, maybe twice, but for all that effort, it’s not something with a ton of longevity. They built SL with longevity in mind and I think it’s a fantastic idea. Hopefully they can put a sort of hub addition on to SL that’s more finite in nature and can tell a more cohesive story. I think that’s be the best of both worlds.

As for what comes after?

I think from there, we’d have a rather scorched Earth due to all of the battling, and Ultratech would rise out of the ashes. I could see ARIA getting deposed by a new leader, however. Who knows, maybe a human with the soul of Gargos or some other horrible creature or something along those lines?

I actually think this could be pretty interesting. ARIA did break the 88 decrees, so Glacius’ people could be looking to take her down in order to “restore balance”. Glacius himself could bring a little, “humans are worthy” element to the story, thus pushing him into the defector role in the story, and that would be pretty cool too.

It could get really deep if they go in certain directions. Say ARIA finishes her human body and transfers her consciousness. What if Eagle comes back. All that stuff. Anything thing that was begat from Glacius’ stolen tech, and the tech that crash-landed in the 40’s, would be subject to extermination by the aliens. So Thunder would have a dog in this fight trying to protect his newly restored brother, Jago and Orchid because of their DNA would be a target, even TJ would be a target with his augmented DNA.

And seeing how the Earth is in the aftermath of a very destructive war, the Earth as a whole would be in ruin / a post-apocalyptic state, and thus would be primed and vulnerable for a follow up invasion. Hell, Glacius’ people could be coming in not to just “clean up” the mess that their advanced tech wrought, but “seal” any dimensional rifts that were left open due to Gargos’ invasion.

Going through all this in my head, there is seemingly plenty of story to mine from all this.

There is no canon ending to gargos defeat yet. I mean
I can’t believe there isn’t an actual “who really beat him?” ending yet. Or something. Then factor in all the stuff in SL’s. Like
what’s canon? What’s not?

This, for a possible season 4, work several sidestories like the coven (with the covenleader as a possible new character) into SL with a few cutscenes for certain characters, ARIA’s plans could be intertwined more aswell. Perhaps some more info and finality for Orchid and her organisation, perhaps a storyline with some Thunder and Eagle cutscenes to see if Eagle got around to helping fight Gargos, etc
add pictures to the texts aswell for more immersion and you have a great mode.

If we do get a big new bad for a possible season 4 (we dont really need the three season buildup because of all new characters). Make it the Lovecraftian Chtulu :sunglasses:

By the way, anyone think they might start offering just seperate new characters with their SL story as DLC, or character packs with new SL storylines connected to those characters (for example the coven leader and a wendigo with a SL story concerning Maya and Mira)?

1 Like

They need to do what the y did with season 2 to expand on the story, like people are saying add to shadow lords
no they shouldn’t do that cause shadow lords has basically no story for the characters, they are given an outline so they should actually make a legit story campaign or expanded on the story style season r rivals started

Unless something foul and utterly evil spawns from Gargos’ spilled blood.
This is fairly common in Greek mythology

Either that or Kan-Ra opens up another portal and lets something nastier out in an attempt to atone for his (successive) past mistakes.

Well, lemme try to think of what’s still going on:

• Assuming Gargos is considered dead, but Eyedol is still around if we are talking about post-shadow lords
  • Sabrewulf can talk again, so no closer to being uncursed but he is getting more civilized.
  • Kan Ra’s an idiot, but he’s showing humanity and remorse after screwing up, and seemed to freak out at the idea of the second screwup getting in the way of his “redemption”. Seems less likely that future plots will revolve around his megalomania.
  • ARIA has learned nothing and gotten away with everything.
  • Tusk’s only hope of dying was Gargos, so he’s stuck here.
  • Oh yeah, and Glacius still has Eagle? That seems important
1 Like

Right now we only have two possible endings.

Either Gargos is killed? Or Eyedol defeats him (Gargos lives) and is eternally locked in combat with Eyedol.

Unless (which IMO is extremely likely) MS pulls an NRS and cobbles together pieces both endings, and also brings in new possibilities, those 2 endings are all that we can expect.

Eyedol defeating him is just plain bad.

There are a list of threats KI can do. And not just Ultratech.

• The Coven - Anything that involves the supernatural. With Sabrewulf talking human again, he can be KI’s Beast (X-Men). Plus he and Mira can be rivals.

Anyway
 the tsar of the vampire group would be the main antagonist of the saga. KI’s Dracula-Demitri. Transforming into a bat-like creature.

• Alien invasion - Ever since Glacius. There should be other aliens out there trying to invade Earth.

• Time Travel - Ever since KI2, it got taken down. But what if brought back
 think of The Flash with the Reverse Flash, Zoom & Savitar. Mostly Savitar.

Don’t forget there’s still a certain coven of vampires out there, eager for power, and with an army of wendigos in tow
 not to mention a certain gorgon and a certain Lovecraftian entity that have been whispered about (wink wink).

1 Like

Kilgore gets jealous of all the fulgore love and slays existence as we know it.

I for one welcome our new chain gun lord