What is Shadow Jago's weakness?

You didn’t have to do that. We’ve been saying it on these forums since his launch:
Things that are safe with Shago=nothing.

1 Like

Jago Wind Kick distance was never changed from S1 launch on. Only the Shadow Windkick got a range decrease (and in case you forgot why, its because it traveled full screen in 7 frames, allowing him to whiff punish medium attack buttons from any distance so long as he had meter, on the character who builds the most meter in the game. And it is +2 on block to boot).

Feel free to not like a move, but lets not compare it to another move that is completely different, on another character that has a completely different set of advantages and disadvantages, in a vacuum ignoring all of those other aspects. Pretty please.

Instead, try to explain or express why a certain move makes that specific character’s toolkit “too much” for you to handle. And also be willing to lab it up to find out if your assertions are based in reality.

13 Likes

Furiously Clapping

1 Like

Didn’t light windkick get a range reduction by accident at S2 launch?

There was another option, ask any Shago player on here for some match up help. Most guys on here would’ve been more than happy to help, myself included. No one forced you to buy something you didn’t want initially, dude.

The hitbox moved back slightly, but jago’s movement distance is the same. This leaves him slightly closer to you on block.

Talking about his emotions and fancy dinner nights.

1 Like

Max knows Shadow Jago’s weakness.

10 Likes

[quote=“MrxFlutterShy, post:19, topic:9190, full:true”]
I bought Shago ONLY to learn his moves so i could tell what was safe, and what wasn’t.[/quote]

Wait, can’t you select him as your practice dummy in the lab and record him to do his specials and normals? Then test your character(s) of choice against the moves to see what you can and cannot punish.

At least, I thought you could select any character in practice mode as your dummy, including ones you didn’t own.

If you don’t own them,they can’t be recorded.

Mistakes were made then. Apologies.

Shago has no safe offense.

If you ever block a special move, you can either punish directly, or take back your turn (usually punish).

All regular slides are -5 at best (-5, -7, -9 are the numbers). Block and punish with crouch jab xx opener every time. Surge slide is -2, literally his safest move. You can press a button here and Shago must risk DP to challenge you, or else backdash and get away.

All regular dive kicks are brutal on block, like -40 or worse. Surge dive kick, his primo jerk move in S2, is now -3 on block and much less of a jerk move. If you’re lucky or extremely good, you can punish with 3 frame DPs here, but you can always take your turn back. If you are blocking surge dive kick and then letting Shago do more offense, you are making a mistake.

Overhead is -3 on block. Again, take your turn back.

He’s a bit of a jerk with a strong jumping HP, and dash into dark catastrophe mixups that are really hard to block, but they don’t do much damage unless you blow a ton of meter on a (breakable) juggle. So it’s fine to get hit by a few of them now and again, whatevs. Same with surge slide (although, with practice, you can fuzzy block this on reaction… whether you’re willing to put the practice in is up to you).

Shago also sucks against people in the air. He has no meaningful way to recapture opponents, except guessing with shadow dive kick (which is strictly unsafe on block, no shadow counter needed!), and all his amazing stuff like dive kick and surge slide and overhead and dash throw lose to jumping. Jump HP is very slow and a bad button to use in air-to-air situations.

I think you need to re-analyze Shago’s tools. He is annoying, but he has massive holes if you’re willing to put a bit of time into it.

16 Likes

Clearly shadow jagos weakness is an incorruptible spirit I mean come on I thought we all knew that.

6 Likes

Uggghhh, god, this topic again?

Seriously, what is amazing on paper may not be so great in gameplay. It all depends on how the player uses his tools and how the opponents adapt to them.

So instead of mistakenly convincing yourself of the idea that Shago having weaknesses is impossible, how about your lab him up or ask for advice?

3 Likes

I think what Flutter is trying to say is as an Omen player Shago just out matches him on how fast Shago can attack and appear out of no where and Omens options to counter attack , ect…

Its a tough match up and especially if the Shago is going ham on the jumping HP or surge moves. Its so fast some ppl just cant block quick enough. Maybe you can, maybe he cant.

Now you can say all day oh its not that bad , I can beat Shago …but are you using the same character Flutter is using?

At the end of the day everyone here looses matches and has tough times… he is just venting and ranting about it the wrong way. but as an Omen player I feel his pain…I do.

I think Shagos weakness is who is controlling him.

I play Omen and it’s fine. Much easier for him than Glacius or Arbiter.

Imba Shago. where is the balance?

I know his true weakness. Tacos and lots of them.

This is amazing argument, considering everything else that was said in this thread.

IMO, the main issue that encounter lots of players against Shago is… his speed.

As long as Shago will be that fast, lots of players won’t be able to avoid his special moves, as unsafe as they are now.

I labed some stuff in training mode; I was even not able to avoid everything I did on purpose. Why, cuz I couldn’t react fast enough to guard.

3 Likes