What If Killer Instinct Had An M Rating Would We Have No Mercies Or Is A Possible To Have Them With A T Rating ( Made the title more specific)

Yeah, bloody is one thing, but none of those involve gibs, decapitations or a lot of the MK style stuff. Those are more cartoony by nature. Fulgore and the satellite laser is the worst it got.

I still believe KI isn’t a vision about violence. Yeah, those old finishers existed, but they aren’t the M-rated mess you are asking for. If anything dropping an elephant on a person is still within a T rating, so the argument to elevate the rating is still questionable in merit. If you want that kind of silliness in this KI then by all means make the case for it, but you don’t see Gears style gibbing and stuff in any of those finishers.

1 Like

Na, that’s pretty much exactly what I and many others are asking for, not MK level of gore.

1 Like

You can do a lot of that old stuff in the T rating, heck, those old games on the Nintendo still had them and they did have a T rating. Only the arcade editions were rated M, and that was because of a Riptor cutscene apparently.

Yea you can do a lot of them probably but graphics are much more advanced now, so the same things with better graphics might get rated differently.

I will say this for sure, I would drop money on a No Mercy pack at least 10 bucks.

dont make me nostalgic please …
and also the sounds of each hits were really well pronounced. you could barelly feel the pain . it where more vibration in the old Ki’s .

do self a sound test . play ki 1-2 and the xbox version .
in the xbox version u feel like its a light game in vibration and overall that ender 4 animations dont make it better effect its just like paper was hitting on paper , without any hard feeling in fx effects at last the last hit should give the best ejection effect.
on the ols one every hits let u know ur pain in fx sound.

8 Likes

If KI was M-rated I probably wouldn’t have gotten involved with the game at all (depending on exactly what took it over the M rating). If it even got close to approaching MK levels of violence, I’d have never given it a second look. And that’s not just decapitations and stuff, but also just general tone/atmosphere/intent.

I’m just one person, but just reminding people that there are consumers on the other side of the fence too.

7 Likes

Dude most of what you said is the reason why I’ve already dropped the game. When it came back after almost 20 yrs. I was hoping it would be as violent as it was back then and etc. but with HD graphics.[quote=“CRIS178, post:3, topic:9132”]
it’s the devs stating they wouldn’t make a game like that today
[/quote]

Is that so, Well then Rare if that’s the case then you’re dead to me.

1 Like

I think the game could go just a bit farther, but I doubt we would see a Fulgore finisher that has him obliterating the opponent with high caliber rounds, TJ Combo twisting someones head backwards, or Orchid doing the 'ole funbag flash.

KI doesn’t NEED that stuff to be successful, but me being an adult (and playing that version of KI as a kid), I would welcome it. Especially if it did things MK does not do. MK is far from sexual aside scantily clad female fighters.

Killer instinct was never over the top violent. At least Not M-rated violent IMO.

You’re not telling me something I don’t already know.

What?..Huh?

EDIT: I’m talking about Ki1 and Ki2.

KI doesn’t have to. Its getting along just fine from what I can see. those other games that were mentioned.
Mortal Kombat, Gears, Halo, they all started as M ratings since the beginning and they sold well because of the gameplay. HECK!!! Mario is still rolling in the Moolah today and his are not even Rated T.

and hey, you guys out there who still hold on to the originals should know that the Arcade versions of the originals are on Xbox One.
Because a compete remake or in this case a carbon copy of the game (with HD graphics) isn’t going to be seen anytime soon.

1 Like

I just looked it up, both Classic versions 1 and 2 on Xbox One have an M rating. So, yea, there’s really no reason to not rate the base game M as well.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/search.aspx?titleOrPublisher=Killer+Instinct&searchType=title

The standards are different now because of the politically correct hypersensitive segment of our country in the US. Rate it M and do whatever you want with the game, no limits!

They weren’t rated M on the snes and N64.

“The standards are different now because of the politically correct hypersensitive segment of our country in the US. Rate it M and do whatever you want with the game, no limits!”

Understand? Same game gets a different rating now. It doesn’t take much to get an M rating now.

Yep. For a new KI game in the future i hope it gets promoted to an official M rating.

2 Likes

The SNES and Nintendo 64 versions were T rated. You have a little bit of a logic conflict here. So at this point its a perspective game.

I don’t get it though, make it an M rated simply because you can? That makes no sense. Making it M rated isn’t propelling it to a new era. Making it in 3D graphics with great gameplay and the best online component of almost any fighting game out there is what “propels it into a new era.”

This gets brought up a lot. Not sure why some are obsessed with KI being a violent blood fest. It never was. Gore doesn’t make a game good, it’s window dressing. It’s part of MK because that’s MK’s trope. KI was always about sick combos.

What are you having trouble following? Do you know what logic is? There is no logic conflict in my statement. It’s the same game that was originally rated T for teen, as in teenagers are the recommended minimum age to play the game, now the same game is rated M, which means 17+ is the recommended age to play those games. Giving it an M rating allows IG to bring the same level of adult content, you know the same content that used to be T rated, to this game whenever they want and more graphic if they ever chose to do that even if only for a special occasion or move in the game.