What are you playing?

I’ve bought a few games this holiday, though I don’t think any where specifically on sale from Winter Sales.

• Mortal Kombat XL (Xbox One). It was on sale from the Game Awards.
  • Halo 5: Guardians. I simply got a discount due to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

I might buy myself the PC version of Halo: The Master Chief Collection simply so I can play Firefight with my father, and also game on that platform if I choose. I just bought the Xbox One version of the collection a few weeks ago for myself.

The last couple of days I’ve been modding the ever-living crap out of TES4: Oblivion. Apparently during the process I’ve managed to log in about 4 hours, and mostly all I’ve been doing so far is walking around admiring the scenery.

2 Likes

I’m planning to install the various Skyrim visual mods this holiday myself. These mods look so awesome but I probably need to check my PC specs first before installing anything :laughing:

I’ve been playing the snot out of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition this month, though I don’t use mods myself.

Really enjoying myself; the draw distance on PC compared to console is fantastic.

I’m about halfway through the “Dragonborn” DLC for the first time.

I’m playing Hades again atm. If anyone’s heard of Supergiant Games or Bastion, it’s pretty much them doing another isometric brawler but as a roguelite with a Greek mythos setting. It’s in Early Access, but shaping up to be very good at the rate its growing and refining itself. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of another roguelike with the kind of narrative weave and Persona-like social link system that this has.

I usually at least run the unofficial patch mod since there’s still a bunch of bugs that were never addressed in Skyrim. Though otherwise I tend to be minimalistic with mods, just because I like to keep the experience feeling authentic.

1 Like

Just bought the Switch version of a game I wanted for a long time

1 Like

I’m playing Destiny 2 on PC… So much better on PC than console.

I find I don’t mind the bugs here and there. I haven’t encountered anything game breaking yet.

I picked up Borderlands 3. It’s great. More Borderlands. No surprises here.

1 Like

I bought Luigi’s Mansion 3 for the kids on Switch. Its really good, looks great, flows great…I’m impressed for sure.
I’m personally playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare story campaign and its really awesome! Like seriously very well done. And I’m not a fan of FPS multiplayer games but these story modes are epic.

3 Likes

I recently played a lot of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, mainly because I want to put my full focus on gitting gud at Smash Bros and of course, a fighting game I want to improve on. My main is Banjo & Kazooie and my Secondary is Richter. I will look forward to try out Byleth when it’s released in 6 Days :smiley:

I also need to get back to playing New Super Lucky’s Tale on the Switch and complete it

currently still on tekken 7 and mechwarrior 5. i had to let a pilot die cuz the dude kept totaling my mechs every single battle. every time we get home, his mech would literally be a walking 50ft tall tree with all armaments and ammo payloads gone.

so we had a harsh battle and again there he was playing demo derby soaking up all kinds of fire and ordnance. i told him to fall back, and he took the long way until someone landed an AC 20 onto his ammo stores cooking off at which point his reactor went crit exploding in a huge flash. i let the result stand, and sold off the mech as it was totaled to where it was comical

2 Likes

Detroit Become Human
Its amazing!!!

2 Likes

this game was awesome, i enjoyed it lol

1 Like

I bought both for $10
I really enjoy it and with the checkpoint system it’s perfect to play 10 minutes then do something else. Fits into the busy schedule lol

Im struggling to find a game to stick with right now. I just cant focus on any of them. After I finished Jedi Fallen Order and Call of Duty Modern Warfare, everything just seems lame right now.
I lost interest in Surge 2, Metro Exodus, Battlefront 2, MK11, Division 2, Sekiro, Nioh, Horizon Zero Dawn… I need to complete all these games and I just get back into them. I dont know whats going on with me lol
Im stuck on a boss on Surge 2 I just can not get past. Same with Sekiro. I guess IM going to give Metro Exodus another go and se if I cant get this last 2 level complete.

I’m almost completely out of gaming at the moment. Just time. When I do play, I’m on Battlefront with my son. Occasionally Borderlands 3, which I enjoy a lot more. :man_shrugging: Sometimes it just ebbs and flows like that.

I’m pretty much playing Samurai Shodown and occasionally Guns, Gore and Cannoli. There are plenty of streams of SamSho team battles and ft# matches as well as offline events, either before or after work. Also ppl are frequently looking for online training partners for a specific character.

The community is nice and many meet up for drinks as well, many of them fighting game aficionados. That keeps me sort of hooked to the game despite not spending enough time in the training lab - so much room for me to improve. All in all, it’s the social aspect I enjoy, very similar to KI which was pretty much an online experience for me.

TLDR: Guns, Gore and Cannoli, and Samurai Shodown.

1 Like