What are you playing?

Since they were on sale on Steam for $1 I got both Half-life games and started playing through the first one. I have never played them before. Seemed pretty bland at first, but I’ve caught myself playing a couple hours longer than intended, so there’s that.

Recently I bought some games during Steam’s Lunar New Year sale, mostly smaller stuff on 75-90% discounts, including Mother Russia Bleeds, the original Counter-Strike (which I mainly bought for Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, since it lets you practice the game with bots), and the Second Encore DLC for Skullgirls (I honestly forgot how fun that game could be, much more fluid controls than UMvC3 too IMO).

…and then I promptly ignored most of those purchases to play Disgaea 2 for another 100 hours. Still, I did get a good amount of games and DLC for just $20, much more than I expected considering this wasn’t the Summer Sale, where most of the discounts go into overdrive.

Finished Darkest Dungeon yesterday. Boy was it a crazy ride. 10/10 game imo. I’m finally free from it, at least until second DLC comes.

Dudes! Im back on the Witcher 3 The Wild hunt and oh my god this game is so addictive! The side stories are just so well written and pull you in!
I guess NIOH and Shadow of the Colossus and all the other games Ive been into are going to be on hold for a while. I just finished the Barons story line, Tower of Mice, and now Im heading back to the Crookback bog and then onto find Ciri in Skilliage.
EPIC!
@R1stormrider

1 Like

After finishing Okami 100% (should have got all the achievements but some are glitched and won’t pop up) I started feeling like there’s no game similar for X1 that I can enjoy (something to play,relax, enjoy visually,etc without the stress other games give).
Thankfully (and finally ) I started Ori DE and I’m happy with it. Wonderful game and challenge. I’m enjoying it a lot.

4 Likes

I’ve been grinding away at KI for the last week, so I am eager to return to Mass Effect. I’ve also been itching to get back to my modded Fallout 4.

1 Like

the witcher is one of those games that come around ever so often. its a modern day classic! im waiting on cyberpunk 2077, same guys are makin it (CD projekt red)

1 Like

Decided to try out Super SF4 Arcade Edition since a friend of mine had it and his account is currently residing on my Xbox

Did a run through the Arcade mode with Juri and fiddled around a bit with Akuma. Pretty fun, really simple but kinda elegant.

But ■■■■ Seth lol
I know there are bosses that are harder to get to/fight but his eclectic mishmash of other characters styles immediately made me go “oh he’s one of those bosses”.

Also I finished up the final DLC for Little Nightmares and it was quite a ride. The spooky atmosphere was back in heaps, the puzzles were more challenging than I expected (though I also blatantly missed some obvious solutions), and the story implications were rather dire. Still, I’m hoping that the developers get lots of support to make more games like this in the future. Maybe even something in the same universe. Thatd be sick.

Well…back to playing Mosnter Hunter

Psi Ops: Mindgate Conspiracy.

This game is so fun. Your character is basically what if Ermac and Jax had a baby. You are a soldier with telekinetic powers. You can throw enemies around like ragdolls, throw them off bridges, into fire, crush them under boulders or crates, or throw at each other and finish them with gun.

Or you can mind control an enemy and make him friendly fire his comrades.

Controls are clunky but if you get past that, it’s a great game. A pity it did not sell well cause ending suggested a sequel.

AND it introduced advanced physics puzzles 6 months before Half Life 2…

I actually remember that game. I used to play that a lot. It was ahead of its time for sure. I believe KI’s Sound Director worked on the game’s audio too if I’m not mistaken…

Has anyone noticed that TUROK 1 and TUROK 2 have been ported over to the XBox new games added today? The old school Turok from N64!!!

1 Like

Time for some Witcher 3 WIld Hunt oh yeah!!!

TIme for some Neir Automata! FInally caught this game on sale at Game stop for 20$… yeah! I played the demo last year and really enjoyed it but couldnt see myself spending 60$ on this game…well…now I have it and IM starting a new game now!

1 Like

Ok I got 3 new games this weekend!

A Way Out- WOW this game is super cool! Unfortunatley you have to have some one to play with CO-OP as there is no single player at all. You can however invite a friend to play for free even if they do not have the game! They can down load the free to play app, give them the code and they can join you.

Assassians Creed Rouge Remastered- This game is grreat so far. I like the setting, era, and flow of the game so far. And I defintley like how this time you are a Templar and not an Assasian. Also this game is Down Load only, unfortunatley they do not have a physical copy.

Dragons Dogman -Dark Arisen… Wow! This game is super cool from the get go! Very mich like Dark Souls 1 but a bit more technical. Id say maybe Dark Souls mixed with Monster Hunter? Its a Capcom game so it has that Monster hunter kind of feel and style. Defintiely worth 20$!

@BigBadAndy @R1stormrider @TallerGorilla95 @BoJima404

1 Like

If I recall Dragon’s Dogma was actually Capcom’s attempt to get more people interested in the Monster Hunter style of gameplay (same with Lost Planet too apparently, but that was more shooter-centric IIRC). I heard great things about it over the years, though I still remember the Steam user outrage when Capcom lost the licensing rights to the JP voiceovers (in the old PS3/360 versions, JP voices were added later as DLC) and Berzerk crossover items in the recent re-releases. Sucks that they lost those things (and the original title theme, which was also licensed), but the game is still great regardless I heard.

As for me, I recently bought a copy of TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan. I’m finding it decent so far but I am beginning to see somewhat why it got de-listed from digital storefronts; from the get-go it doesn’t feel as fluid as Tranformers Devastation (not counting the 30 FPS lock) and most of the missions feel like filler as you eventually reach each boss fight. Still not the worst TMNT game I’ve played, I found it weird it got pulled from PSN/XBL/Steam only a few months later while worse Turtles games stayed up for at least a few years.

I’m also planning to get Nioh in the next week or so, and possibly try out some new builds in Bloodborne as well (I’m kinda sad you have to get pretty far in to get anything resembling a fist weapon in that game).

1 Like

What’s the gameply in A Way Out like? I love co-op games and might give it a try.

Honestly, I’ve only been playing monster hunter. I did jump on KI a little bit and it took me all of two seconds to get a ranked match. This “dead” game always seems to have a lot of people playing…

Otherwise, I’ve been spending a lot of time painting miniatures for games my son got for Christmas and then the skeleton army he decided he wanted for his birthday. I spent all last night doing the attached:

3 Likes

Dang Andy thats a ■■■■ good paint job dude! WOW! SUper cool thing to do for your son!

Way Out is really cool! Its the basic walk and jog with left stick click and right stick camera. A is jump, RT is shoot and grab, LT is focus and aim. X&Y are conversation options, and B is interact. So the contrals are easy.
The screen is split and you have to either make way to one another or solve puzzles while helping each other distract or fight while looking into their side of the screen to help you see things.

So for instacne one of the first puzzles that got Krista’s (my fiancee and co-op partener) heart beating as we were playing LOL… was our characters are in infermary beds, and I have to distract the nurse and guard from my bed while she gets up and sneaks out, down the hall and into antoher room to get a ■■■■■ driver. Then return to the bed with theitem. THe item is so we can some how break out of prison later. THere are a ton of quick time fighting scenes but they are way cooler than say tell tale or other QT events Ive seen.
Its totally worth it and I think you will enjoy it with say your brother or someone.

1 Like

Hmmm… I’m going to have to check that out.

1 Like

@FallofSeraphs76 wow, do you buy all your games digitally or you still get physical copies?

I just reinstalled Dark Souls 3, next step is to actually boot it up :wink:

I get physical games if possible. But I do have a more digital in my library due to games with gold and really good deals in the MS store or PS store.
I was going to get DS 3 Firefades edition yesterday too sicne its $19.99 new at game stop. I dont need it, but I want taht copy for the colleciton on Xbox.