Vote KI for EVO Here

wrong place!

On topic:
I’m in for 10$

3 Likes

Don’t ever say I didn’t love KI…I just hope we win.

22 Likes

Do you lose that money only if you win or either way?

It’s a donation to a charity. EVO is taking all that money and donating it to a charity. The group with the highest charity gets its game at EVO.

2 Likes

That’s why it would have been classy if they had limited the fan choice to games of developers not yet represented by one of the other 8 games. Just my opinion of course.

And in case they don’t want to limit the fans then have spot 7and 8 go to developers not yet represented in the first 6 titles. And let the fans vote on whatever they like.

1 Like

This is awesome, if I have ever seen a worthy post that deserves a like, it would be this.

1 Like

Damn, this is a tough list. I can’t donate but I would love to see KI, Pokken, SG, and Arms at EVO!

Although, that big update to SG that happened will most likely hurt its chances.

i alredy get Kilgore to help on the KIWCUP so i will no going to donate to help KI to get in to evo sorry for that.

If only halo and gears community could come in support us. I will prefer anything but mvc3 to win.

1 Like

At the moment KI is about $550 behind UMvC3…come on guys, let’s get KI there!!

…I can’t donate at the moment, but I likely will after I get paid later this week.

1 Like

Surprised MKX has only made $30. I know most of the community is moving to Injustice 2 but damn they move fast.

2 Likes

Wait, so only 1st spot wins place at evo?

Yessir. All the donations will go to charity as well.

Oh man. As soon as I get paid, I’m donating. KI deserves to be there, regardless of what the community goes through.

4 Likes

I’m sure SonicFox would just win again if MKX(L) was at EVO.

1 Like

Real talk right there! I totally feel you. I was a SUPER fan of some of more talented KI competitors … before I got to realize how negative and unnecessarily pessimistic some of them can be … keyword some. At times, some can truly have an entitled bratty personality. And that really can make me care less about them aside from their incredible talents/abilities in KI. But … I realize that actions really do speak louder than words and for all the random b!tching at this and that, some clearly can’t stay away from KI and I find them playing it or always tuning in to KI related news. Sad and annoying at times, no doubt. Am I a huge fan of the some of the players nowadays? Absolutely not. I’ll be civil with them and I will definitely continue to respect their talents. It’s just now, I don’t necessarily care to befriend them. Kind of like seeing a beautiful person from afar only to realize that their personality is not as beautiful. You seek the common ground and find ways to peacefully coexist. That’s where I’m at with some of these competitors (definitely not all). I recognize their role and abilities and understand the value that they bring to KI spectators. And that’s a great value overall!

I’ve also observed is that these guys are really really competitive and really really passionate. Although some need to grow up and mature (evident in the way they sometimes treat others), at the end of the day, their love for KI shines through. And that is what I have in common with them. That is something I care to support. People who are willing to truly dig into KI’s amazing combat mechanics and let the game I’m most passionate about shine on another level… which will bring in new players and even more tech and exciting memories in KI. For example, at the KIWC last year, witnessing @XoPINKDIAMONDoX and gutter magic go at it, down to the wire, displaying the hi speed, intense and unreal psychological battle that KI offers fighting game fans, and actually being in the house feeling the shouts and roars of the crowd … priceless. These moments and experiences can happen in any KI tournament, but imagine, being there with fellow fans and KI players … IN A HUGE STADIUM FOR THE WORLD TO SEE!

This is our opportunity to come together as a community and support this game that, at the end of the day, we clearly all care about.

Also for me personally, I may not pocket this money from competing, I would be straight up lying if watching KI tourneys or playing KI has not been the most fun, exciting, and valuable form of entertainment for these past few years.

There is no question that I’ll be supporting one of the largest (if not the largest) offline tournaments given the opportunity - which we have in our hands over the course of 2 weeks!

If you have any love for KI, if KI has brought you any fun and hype experiences over the years, we need all hands on deck. Please find it in yourself to support. I was able to give $100.

If KI doesn’t make it, that money goes to a great cause. How can a KI lover really complain about that. It’s a win win! (But I really hope we are the 9th spot! :D)

Fight on!

1 Like

Also can you imagine ultimates at EVO!!!

2 Likes

Question here : someone can explain me how EVO organizers decide how to retain which game will be played ? Number of players ? Money from the editor ?

I just cant get in terms that a properly balanced, fun and hype fighting game has to claw its way through to EVO when two party games, one of them being 16 years old, have a guaranteed spot.

And we have to bid with game that is based on touch-of-death combos with ridiculous balance and so big amount of epileptic lighting effects that you dont even need textures to play it.

Is it really all our fault? Everyone crucifies us, the community, that we are greedy ■■■■■■■■ and dont love the game because some of us dont want to do publisher and sponsor jobs all the time, as if we have not shell out a lot already and dont have other matters in our lives than jumpstarting video game over and over again.

Why M$ cant get his head out of a butt and shell some GODDAMN MONEY ALREADY on promotion and for prize pots?

They are busy shoving GoW4 on competitive scene so hard, while a game top-to-bottom designed for competition is an aftertought.

Im sick of this.

3 Likes

Wow, that is the spirit of civil argument.

Looks like i dodged a bullet holding off on adding to prize pools for guys like you.

1 Like