Vote KI for EVO Here

Hmmm… I think that would work. But thinking about it now, I would feel sick to my stomach if I start seeing #MAGA in the twitch chat lol.

It would work tho lol

Lol yeah it would be but hey, at least KI would be at EVO.

Not sure if good enough but I tried:

2 Likes

I dunno why people would spite vote against UMvC3. That would be a great game to have back at Evo if it won.

2 Likes

OMG. Lets see what happens lol

1 Like

Don’t know how well that appeal is going to work. First thing that pops up when you click the link is a politically correct daughter of immigrants Korean girl and an illegal alien.

Anybody donated today or plan on donating this weekend? :slight_smile: Here’s the link in case you missed it -

1 Like

MVc3 had its time, plus its sequel will be at evo next year. If thier community was actually generous, they would root for games with no guarenteed sequels like pokken and ki

2 Likes

I don’t want to be mean but here it goes…we aren’t entitled to anything. If anything they are working there butts off to make sure they get to evo unlike us who hope and wish or give up then run to microsoft, brandon or max which I think is crazy itself. We are a young group that is well…manufactured and has had microsoft slip us in places um mean we’ll have our time just don’t dim their rays to bring us up. We have a long way to go.

1 Like

By that logic, KI has had its time, with 3 consecutive years at Evo. The KI scene should be generous and root for games that have never been at Evo, like Skullgirls.

Marvel players love their game and they obviously shouldn’t feel bad for supporting it.

6 Likes

And neither should we. It just feels unfair to see a game that hasn’t even been updated in so long with a sequel on the way being pushed as much as it is over a game like KI that has a steadily growing community and still has upcoming content. Though I’m sure many would disagree with this stance seeing as how a game as old as Smash Melee still has a guaranteed spot. Just my two cents

2 Likes

If we really wanted KI to succeed, we’d find ways to catch up, it’s ok that we are third for the moment. ppl like you and me should always do our part for the game we love regardless of EVO or not.

4 Likes

Nope u got the logic wrong, I mean let games that have no guarenteed sequels to fight for the 9th place. If Umvc3 is not at evo , it wont affect thier community.cuz infinte ia out this year. So really, mvc3 shoudnt be on that list, except a case where those who play umv3 will strictly never play umv3 infinte, which is false offcourse

Thats is not true,. Thier community is twice as large and is not small like ours, so thier donations must stack higher really fast. Also UmVC3 community is basically the sfv community, so u dont expect ki to win against them by regular $10 donors like me. We tried our best as small as we are

1 Like

You missed the point of my post. It really wasn’t about winning really it was about the race and just at least trying to participate is all. I feel like we rely too heavily on other ppl where we should just learn to carry thing ourselves. Honestly I’m worried about this games longelivity without the updates, promo or developer interactions like how long would we really carry this game? It would flourish :frowning: . anyway don’t worry about other communities and just continue to run the race til its over :slight_smile: .

1 Like

I think the whole list is a slap in the face of fans. Now I have to choose between 5 games I expected to be in the main tournament (Pokken, Skullgirls, KI, UMvC3, MKXL).

Imo, UMvC3 should have been in the official lineup from the start. And I don’t even like that game.

Now you have communities talking down on other games and their communities. Sad.

To me EVO was a celebration of fighting games and a showcase for new/upcoming titles. But it hasn’t been that to me for 2 years in a row now.

End Rant.

1 Like

I feel the same way 100%. Why do you think that is?

1 Like

The organizers are out of touch with the genre. Quality titles should make an appearance in some shape or form. I feel they have a responsibility to promote the entire genre not just particular games based on cold metrics.

1 Like

Well, it seems like they are showcasing what will give them more viewers and more participants. I think in the long run, that’s not a good thing to do.

I understand that EVO touts itself as a celebration of fighting games and has to draw in as many participants as possible, which games like both Melee and Smash 4 attract, hence why both have been getting a spot in the lineup. However, admittedly, the bitter side of me thinks EVO isn’t as much a tournament anymore so much as it’s a convention now that it’s as big as it is and just wants to cater to the numbers rather than diversity in the lineup. Again, this is just the bitter side of me thinking this, but if they truly want to be a celebration of fighting games then make the lineup diverse, axe Melee or Smash 4 and axe Guilty Gear or BlazBlue in favor of UMvC3, KI, Pokken, or Skullgirls.

Either way I plan to go to EVO, I have been for the last 5 years and only competed in KI cause why not? I’ll be a little disappointed KI, the one game I mostly understand, won’t be there for me to watch, but I got plenty of reasons to go besides KI. Ultimately I’m kinda on the “meh” side if KI makes the lineup or not and hope if any game beats it it’s UMvC3 cause that’s always a fun game to watch.

2 Likes