Vote KI for EVO Here

I think the whole list is a slap in the face of fans. Now I have to choose between 5 games I expected to be in the main tournament (Pokken, Skullgirls, KI, UMvC3, MKXL).

Imo, UMvC3 should have been in the official lineup from the start. And I don’t even like that game.

Now you have communities talking down on other games and their communities. Sad.

To me EVO was a celebration of fighting games and a showcase for new/upcoming titles. But it hasn’t been that to me for 2 years in a row now.

End Rant.

1 Like

I feel the same way 100%. Why do you think that is?

1 Like

The organizers are out of touch with the genre. Quality titles should make an appearance in some shape or form. I feel they have a responsibility to promote the entire genre not just particular games based on cold metrics.

1 Like

Well, it seems like they are showcasing what will give them more viewers and more participants. I think in the long run, that’s not a good thing to do.

I understand that EVO touts itself as a celebration of fighting games and has to draw in as many participants as possible, which games like both Melee and Smash 4 attract, hence why both have been getting a spot in the lineup. However, admittedly, the bitter side of me thinks EVO isn’t as much a tournament anymore so much as it’s a convention now that it’s as big as it is and just wants to cater to the numbers rather than diversity in the lineup. Again, this is just the bitter side of me thinking this, but if they truly want to be a celebration of fighting games then make the lineup diverse, axe Melee or Smash 4 and axe Guilty Gear or BlazBlue in favor of UMvC3, KI, Pokken, or Skullgirls.

Either way I plan to go to EVO, I have been for the last 5 years and only competed in KI cause why not? I’ll be a little disappointed KI, the one game I mostly understand, won’t be there for me to watch, but I got plenty of reasons to go besides KI. Ultimately I’m kinda on the “meh” side if KI makes the lineup or not and hope if any game beats it it’s UMvC3 cause that’s always a fun game to watch.

2 Likes

Fyi, we may be behind in the race, but that doesnt mean that KI won’t be there. We’ll know that answer at the END of the charity drive.

Also, for those that haven’t donated yet to get KI for EVO because you think it only benefit competitors, well just earlier today, a new KI player said he was "watching some KI evo tournaments and stuff "… I’ll stop there. There will be tons of great KI tournaments, but I bring up him as he specifically stated how he was watching KI footage AT evo! :wink: Just saying …

Although, KI has a ton of life whether it’s at EVO or not, pushing KI for EVO could be worth the fight/donations as it can be a great way to bring in new players to playing this awesome game!

5 Likes

Bringing forth an update today

UMVC3: $12.273
Pokken: $10,225
KI: $4,982

What happened to the people who donated $100,000 in 3 days?

Probably still waiting on their next pay check as well as tax refunds

1 Like

Those people got a tangible reward for their donation (immediately unlocking a new character).

This is a donation drive where your donation can (and likely will) earn you nothing. And especially when you see other games in the lead by a huge margin, donating feels a lot like throwing your money away.

I don’t think lack of donations means people don’t like the game or don’t want to see it at Evo. It’s just… this donation system is really broken.

4 Likes

It is? I haven’t noticed it.

I don’t know what incentive you could give for something like this. It’s going to charity. That’s the harder question.

1 Like

Right, I’m not suggesting you also get an incentive, although maybe they could raffle off something like AGDQ does? Some new sticks, maybe a paid trip to Evo as the grand prize? Each $10 donated gets you 1 ticket in the raffle? I dunno.

But with the current system, I can totally see why people don’t think their donation dollars are going to be helping the KI cause, or worth anything in general (aside from donating to charity, of course).

3 Likes

Getting bodied by Mahvel and Pokken

1 Like

Does anyone else feel like this would have been more effective if we didn’t know the totals until the end?

3 Likes

Good point.

Seeing the totals can be motivating - unless someone runs away with it. So, if you’re game was down by 1k with a week left to go that’s one thing. Not down by 4k after a day…

I think it would be more effective if people who put in their money were able to redistribute their vote. I bet the people who voted for Arms or MKX or even KI would like to vote for either Pokken or Marvel right now.

Its kinda like USA’s Party System

Marvel = Dems

Pokken = GOP

KI = Green Party

And the rest of the games are other smaller independent parties. You have so many choices that have no chance of winning. They could come together collectively and actually influence the result even if the outcome isn’t ideal. I want Pokken to win just to see the FGC burn lol #KIorBust lol

Update! We hit 5,000 dollars in donations! claps I’m so proud of us :slight_smile:.

5 Likes

I just got a picture of a bunch of rock pokemon getting together and saying they’re going to build a wall to keep out all bad lombres. :joy:

…sorry if my post is a bit too political.

1 Like