Updated Tier List?

I get your reasoning I just never heard that before. I don’t disagree with you those are some valid points for them to be contenders for top 5. I never thought that far into those characters strengths.

Just a nitpick, but this is a hella exaggeration. I’m not super familiar w/ what all dirt Tusk can string together during INSX, but I’m certain that it’s not 15 seconds, and I’m skeptical of how true a blockstring it is.

Moreover, if it isn’t true, it can be reversal’d out of w/ minimal fear of the deflect so long as you don’t freeze the screen - a deflect in that situation would be a supreme coincidence, but if you give him a screen freeze he can xxH.DP for the 1st frame deflect (which I’m pretty sure is why his INSX pressure can’t be SC’d).

All that said, you just made a really good sale of Tusk as a main-worthy character. I thought my character crisis was nearing it’s end, but that just sounds so tasty…

Tier lists?

1. Fulgore/Jago
  2. Fulgore/Jago
    That’s all atht really mattes, Fulgore takes skill and Jago carries everyone whom plays him at high tier.

Also to the people saying that because the game is balanced, there is no tier list: I appreciate the optimism(?) but that’s really not how it works. The game is balanced, with many viable characters, but matchups still exist and some characters are clearly strong while some are clearly weak. In any game where the players can go into a match with different gameplay variables, tiers will exist. I think it’ll be a long time before a concrete list can really be worked out though, as so much of the game is still unexplored at higher levels of play and there’s so many factors that go into each matchup.

3 Likes

lol

You can do a move on block, pop instinct and go into the block string for the whole instinct.

1 Like

This is how far I have to think to win an offline event, hell just make top 8.

1 Like

Well yeah, obviously. :smile:

I’m not sure what part of what I said you’re referring to… the “true” part? By “true” I wasn’t suggesting that your information was false, I meant in the FG sense, as in “true blockstring” wherein there are no gaps, so the opponent is ‘truly’ frozen in blockstun until the string ends. I was doubting how much of Tusk’s INSX pressure strings are “true blockstrings,” as opposed to extended frametrap sequences (a typical “blockstring”), not calling you a liar! :sweat_smile:

The other part is the 15 seconds - Tusk’s special>special cancels cost a little chunk of his INSX bar, so his INSX blockstrings would presumably not be 15 seconds, as he’s paying time to keep the gaps tight or non-existent.

Sorry for the confusion. :joy:

There’s an “official” tier list? What exactly makes it official? Did the devs make it? Because otherwise, I’d hardly have reason to call it official.

Not really agreeing with this. Jago still takes an amount of skill to be formidable with him despite the fact that he is a great character for beginners.

Does that mean almost every tier list ever created isn’t official anymore because their devs didn’t create it. It’s the community that creates the tier list not the devs. The devs should be trying to make it so balanced one could never existed. Generally the community knows more than the devs on occasion. For example in SFV the way infiltration used Nash the devs said they didn’t think could be done so he would be worse than they considered. We the people should be deciding that because we’re the ones who are supposed to be playing the game. Not saying the devs can’t though.

That’s just it though - the devs, ideally, should know more about the characters’ capabilities than anyone. I know that’s not always the case - it’s also why I don’t put much faith in tier lists. The very idea of them being subjective leads me to not trust them. I have also personally had a history of doing relatively well with low-tier characters (Sheeva, Baraka, Lex Luthor, Dhalsim, etc.). I put my faith in the individual player and their overall skill.

1 Like

Saying the game is ‘too balanced’ for a tier list is kinda wrong…A game can be very balanced and still have a tier list you know (i would argue SF5 is very balanced too and every character could win a tournament as is viable its just the extent for every character)

I feel this game has only has a A+, A, A-, B+, B and B- (possibly C+) rankings which is very good if you ask me in terms of balance but no S tiers as of now

Top 5 is debatable but Fulgore and Jago are easily top 5 characters (i would say that ARIA is very strong too and i think Arbiter, Spinal and Kim wu are VERY underrated)

Bottom 5…eh possibly Kilgore (i know its super early), Sadira and Shago…I am not saying they are bad

But tier lists are just tools to help understand character strengths, weaknesses, and matchups. You don’t put things like “faith” and “trust” into them, heck arguing against placements and engaging in discussions is part of why they exist, you’re not supposed to just accept what they say.

4 Likes

Regardless, the general consensus has been him being pretty much at the bottom. I don’t believe this myself either, but all that’s being said is that most people think he is.

Really? 'Cause the general consensus I got was that he was firmly in the middle…

I guess my info is a bit outdated…

Maybe. In s1, you may have been right, but not since then.

I didn’t even know Aganos was in S1

Oh well, you learn something knew everyday I guess ¯_(ツ)_/¯

All joking aside, we can both agree Aganos is in good shape

1 Like

Oops, yeah my bad. :sweat_smile:

I meant when he was 1st released.

1 Like