UPDATED- Final Season 3 ReBalance Patch Notes

Disappointed that Rash doesn’t get a one hit KO buff added for fully completing his taunt without stopping.

6 Likes

I like that Omens ender build less meter, but not as little as Glacius does with the shatter ender.

1 Like

That’s giving Glacius a cold shoulder. Literally!

Now I know how it feels XD

But seriously, though, that change might be more influential than the devs may think.

1 Like

I know that Hisako is getting a good amount of buffs, nerfs, and “berfs” but, is it going to be possible to use her “decent cancelling” when using Combo Assist? (I don’t have an arcade style controller obviously.)

All three of my mains got hit with nerfs, what are the chances.

Glacius cold shoulder is risky now. I feel like it will be hard for him to get out of pressure

Not getting out of pressure, that’s still the same. It’s BEGINNING his pressure that’s gonna be too risky now.

1 Like

No I get it. Cold shoulder can put someone in neutral in check. His normals are "decent but everything else now is unsafe besides LT Cold Shoulder.

damn shago surge dive kick was nerfed so much -2 would have been fine, but -3 ? so anyone with a dp can dp out of it .hmmm…

1 Like

The shago nerf was necessary. As my main, I know it can be difficult seeing this guy fly around everywhere without being punished, especially when his instinct is activated with shackles. He’s still a solid character with awesome mixups and possible vortex.

5 Likes

I’ll take that Hisako nerf on the chin. Possession was a bit of an odd bird, not so bad that it should behave like other similar attacks.

A poison effect on her jabs would serve as ample compensation :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

No mention widening the manual window on Riptor’s medium linkers. :frowning: I thought I made a clear and robust case for that.

If it isn’t one of the minor changes that snuck in without getting a bullet point, and I find that crouching medium manuals after medium linkers are still impossible, then, despite the effort I’ve put into her lately, I’m dropping Riptor. 1-frame BnBs aren’t something I can cope with any longer.

So, all your unsafe stuff tended to just hit outright?

I can’t comment much on your experience directly, but feral cancels are probably tied for best instinct ability in the game.

They gave Wulf a fast run and made hamstring reach further. I debated against the now reactable jumping slash on philosophical grounds (I think Wulf is about taking big, disgusting, unsafe risks), but what they’re doing – taking away from Wulf’s crazier, riskier mixups to let him continue to be a pressure monster but give him tools to get in easier – seems sound, at least.

Aren’t you meant to burn Omen’s copious amounts of meter on shadow form to get your overheads?

I’m not entirely sure on how the spacing affects the frame disadvantage – I recall hearing something about cold shoulder landing meaty if done from further back, giving you extra frames – but if the numbers in the patch notes have been what you’re getting, that’s not really “beginning” pressure. That’s checking that your opponent is blocking at midscreen, and then handing priority over to your opponent because you’re negative. Unless you have a hail to cover yourself (which you can go nuts with in S3) you’re either blocking, doing something risky or burning some meter to keep up your advantage.

Also, depending on the pushback it might not be possible for most characters to punish the medium one.

It’s a surprising nerf, considering how much emphasis people put on surge divekick being the locus of Shago’s power. But as a Jago player who will happily risk -3 in someone’s face in order to discipline them into blocking at midrange, I can tell you from experience that fast DP characters are far from routinely DP-punishing moves that are -3 on block. Surge divekick might be one of those moves that just comes out too fast for people to snap out a reaction DP.

2 Likes

Even Light Cold Shoulder is punishable now if you have a 3 frame reversal like Jago. So basically, I can’t use that move to check somebody anymore.

1 Like

That only works if they are blocking. If they press ANY button, you get hit out. So instead of using it for overheads, i use it for low crossups.

Then use it for something else.

well guess I have to find something else to do with kan ra when it comes to jumping swarm and HP

1 Like

This is the case for medium wind kick, too. It never happens.

It’s not very common for a character to have an overhead that they can’t be hit out of. It’s the sort of thing you use in place of a frame trap once you’ve conditioned your opponent to expect and preemptively block a check button.

EDIT: also, getting checked into soft knockdown for your overhead attempt is better than eating a combo when someone checks Jago’s (really good) neck cutter.

Not when you’re fighting the players that I fight.

If people on top of their games couldn’t DP-punsh medium wind kick at the KI World Cup, then no, I don’t think the players you’re fighting against are going to make routine out of DP-punishing sporadic cold shoulders.