Unlocking Characters Offline PC WIN 10 HELP!

The problem is i don’t have anyone with an XBOX ONE to use. Right now i only have PC.
So … just to recap. The only ways i could have used the game are:
Buy the game from the in-game shop on PC OR Download XBOX One characters so that the authorization syncs with my PC and thus i can use … that’s some BS WAY to unlock characters OFFLINE o_O

UP!
This must be adressed and fixed …
Why no oficial word?
we need a fix.
pc port without internet connection , is broken.
I need to know how we can make more noise.
We need a answer.
We pay for this game.
My word is diriged to microsoft.
Nothing bad about IG-
And nothing bad about you, adam, We love you.
Please, give to us a answer.
God bless you

I can confirm, that Kilgore ist the only character apart from Riptor, I can play offline and he is the only one I acquired in the ingame store. So yes it isn’t intentional.

1 Like

PC version with no connection is non existant … it’s like a literal fake game. I would say it’s almost Illegal. This reminds me of Diablo 3 On PC vs Consoles but in that case it was a DESIGN CHOICE made by the producers since one is mostly for couch multiplayer and the other one is PURELY for Multiplayer over internet (Hence the ONLINE ONLY game there on PC)
However KI has people who do have it available offline while others not … problem is that there’s no word by the producers. I’m new here barely a week but right now , i spent 39 with the fear of literally finding my game non playable because servers are down or i can’t connect online.
Hell i honestly wish that this game would be hacked JUST for the Offline Game alone so that i can play with friends … right now this is just BS Policy all together.
And if what @anon54587717 is true then Microsoft is an A Hole as well cause it means they wants us to buy a console just for the honor of playing this game offline … this is reaaaaally stretching it , i don’t care if Fighting Games are mostly online experiences … i wanna have the chance of playing this game offline with all my content i payed for

ehm can u rewrite this ? xD u missed a few letters at the beginning so the message is a little confusing.

What did I miss? :sweat_smile:

I can pretty much tell you that the reason its so fubared is due to how the content is released and that its “cross buy”. Alot of people bought the characters/seasons what have you as dlc from the xbox store (which you can also do via xbox.com) instead of via the in game store which confuses the certification process. So it adds a second variable in communication with the product. So instead of going from point a to point c it has to go through point b to get to c. If you dont have an xbone AND a pc you are kind of hosed in getting your full product as it has to verify via an xbox1 instead of just going straight to the game on pc. It is not an intentional design, it is an overlooked one. And since they are concerned about bringing out new content for a bit now, its also an unfortunately overlooked flaw.

A flaw that leaves a bad taste in the mouth of a PC user that doesn’t have an Xbox One and doesn’t want to have one to begin with because he knows that all Xbox One Games now come on PC from the get go (see GOW 4 they actually fixed the issue allowing offline)

Im not saying it doenst suck to have this problem or even condoning it. Im just saying they didnt make what is happening intentional. It is a literal bug and a bad design choice on their part. They chose to allow you to buy pc content via xbox marketplace without even owning an xbox. I dont think they fully realized that there would be problems communicating between the two. I also dont think they thought this would even factor in or even be an issue. Also remember KI was pretty much the first cross buy/cross platform game that came out before they even did that play anywhere program. In a way KI was the guinea pig. I hope it gets resolved so you guys can play offline. Offline gaming and gaming preservation is important to me as well but dont start saying this was made on purpose. Be patient, see if you can communicate with the devs more and hopefully it gets resolved.

Any channel we can use ? I’m new here so i don’t know those channels.
PS: also i get , i don’t wanna look like the hater of the occasion , but it’s still something that pretty much baffles me xD don’t get it the wrong way

Im pretty sure they are aware of the situation. There was a similar post from a few months ago. But I believe there is a bug reporting thread and you can also tag the developers like @developers and maybe @rukizzel an shed some light if he is able to and if he knows about it.

1 Like

Spanish user here.
You can explain in steps how to solve the bug?
If i need a xbox one, please tell me how to recertificate the game in pc.
I bought the game in xbox one .
i sell my xbox one
But now i have a pc.
tanks A LOT

Right … which would really suck bc this game is so awesome.

has any dev responded to anyone about this yet? I havent been the lucky one …

heck … i might do this anyway … although reluctantly …

Outside of tagging devs, and not getting any answers (if someone has a dev response, please post it here for us to see), how do we communicate with them about this issue?
Has anyone been able to successfully communicate about this issue with the devs?

Maybe post in other parts of the forum, like the suggestions section or the bug section. One that isnt just general topics. I dont know. If you look at most devs out there, they never even respond or show you that they are listening so what IG is doing is a lot better than what any other dev does with its communication.

I suggest posting into the official Bug reporting thread: Official KI Bug Reporting Thread Season 3

totally agree with this.

I guess this has been one of those situations, where they’ve been like other developers …

The world is not going to end because we have to connect our game online before . As most of us has came up with our own solution.

Hey all,

With the team getting back together for Anniversary Edition, we have active troubleshooting & team members working to support issues flagged in the Anniversary Support thread and other ones that are popping up.

A member flagged this issue and linked this thread about the PC version not working correctly offline.

First, sorry this thread has been sitting here so long, the KI Team has not been on the game for a long time and we will do our best to catch up on things that should work and we can support on.

We have confirmation this does work on KI Anniversary Edition (see pic), but understand it is not working for everyone! We are working to figure out what is the difference, or what steps are required to solve why it does not work for some PC/setups.

Our support account (which is run by actual KI Dev Team members) will provide some troubleshooting steps soon to see if this helps and we will link a new thread to consolidate this.