Ultimates Vs Our Expectations

Really?

Explain to me how Combo doing a few punches is creative.

Explain to me how Fulgore recycling a special move is creative.

Explain to me how Sadira going through all the trouble of webbing up her opponent, just to end with a simple off-screen throat slash is creative.

Explain to me how Maya doing a combo with her knives, something she already does plenty of during a fight, is creative.

Explain to me what exactly Riptor’s ultimate is all about. Very long sequence with a confusing ending. There is no body in the fire, and then she lays down to go to sleep? WTF?!?!?

1 Like

Oh really? Because the ultimates so far are fairly long sequences with quite a bit of effects. I’m sure a lot of time was spent on making them, and technology doesn’t seem to be an issue.

Stop grasping for straws. They’re just extremely un-creative.

1 Like

3 Likes

How do you know?

Ummm, yeah. Nice try to be funny, but no.

Creativity, or the lack thereof, is what we’re talking about.

Im not big fan of the ultimate’s either but what can you do?

You can have the best budget and no creativity.
creativity and no budget. What are saying?

1 Like

I’m not sure which you’re referring to. If you’re suggesting that maybe not a lot of time was spent on them, well, you just implied that they may have just been slapped together quickly without much thought.

If you’re referring to technology, do I really need to answer that? This game is on and Xbox One. The game is already full of amazing effects.

I wasn’t trying to be funny. :neutral_face:

You’re confusing the devs being creative with the ultimates with you being pleasantly surprised by each and every one.

If you are plesantly surprised by then according to you they are creative.
If you are not pleasantly surprised by them you dub them uncreative.

That’s not how things work.

5 Likes

Ill say it again, Im not going
to keep doing this I dont have the patience.

We dont work there, and dont know
what goes on. Like the game or dont.

Grievances should go to the devs not the users.

My bad. I didn’t realize it was in poor taste to discuss our opinions of aspects of a game on its official forum.

I’ll make sure all of my future posts are full of nothing but sunshine and rainbows for any snowflakes that can’t handle criticism of their favorite video game.

1 Like

Trust me when I dont like somthing
I make it known. I feel like you know
full well whats going on, you dont sound
like a noob trying to understand, you
sound like you want to be heard.

What do you want to hear? I agree
with alot of things, but things go both
ways.

You can vent all you want its not going to change nothing.
Thats why I dont do it no more. All I care is destroying my
opponents with huge combos.

Suggestions are good, I just dont think I can do the arguing anymore
so go on, just dont call people snowflakes because its not nice
and make you look like a troll.

1 Like

In Combo’s ultimate, make the loser’s head get spun around backwards on the final punch. Simple, yet very effective conveying death without being overly gory. I thought of that in literally two seconds. Why is it so difficult for IG?

1 Like

Now your trolling.
Big Jouks pulls out a fly swatter.

1 Like

Creative would be Rash sticking the opponent on a speeder bike and then forcing them to zoom around Aganos walls before crashing into one horribly.

I love everything about injustice bar the playstyle. It doesn’t seem as fluid. Now injustice 2 seems to have corrected that a fair bit and i love that you can style them as you like.

I noticed when watching the videos that the combos seemed
different. Cant wait to play it.

Lol. Thanks for the angry nerd rant. You’re making my case for me. Why is it that the people who are always scathingly critical of the developers can’t stand even a touch of push back? No one has said anything to you even remotely as demeaning or insulting as what you’ve said to the developers but here you are all angry and butt hurt. Fascinating.

Sorry, spinning someone’s head around is not more “creative.” It’s just more dumb. Broken neck head spins have been done to death. That’s not creative. So back to my original statement : things you like aren’t more “creative” than things you don’t. You’re just abusing the English language.

The creativity involved in the Ultimates is taking mostly existing assets and using them to create something visually interesting that suits the character and can work as an ultimate. Gore =/= creativity.

You don’t have to like them. But stop saying they aren’t creative. You keep insisting that the Ultimates are what they are because the developers just didn’t think of anything else to do. In addition to being a clearly intentioned insult to the developers, it’s also demonstrably untrue. The idea that they just didn’t spend enough time to think of other Ultimates is ridiculous and makes you seem very foolish.

Plus, you keep harping on the lack of creativity and then you throw a lot of hate at Riptor’s ultimate which is very creative. It plays well on Riptor’s old ultimate, has an element of humor and makes good use of existing assets. It’s fine if you don’t like it, but it’s creative AF. By the way, it’s not at all confusing what is happening. You guys who somehow can’t understand what is happening in Riptor’s ultimate might want to look in the mirror to identify the problem…

13 Likes

[quote=“BigBadAndy, post:79, topic:20288”]
Lol. Thanks for the angry nerd rant. You’re making my case for me. Why is it that the people who are always scathingly critical of the developers can’t stand even a touch of push back? No one has said anything to you even remotely as demeaning or insulting as what you’ve said to the developers but here you are all angry and butt hurt. Fascinating.[/quote]
Yeah…no. There is no angry ranting in my posts. I’m talking about the lack of creativity and imagination with these ultimates. Not sure how that’s “scathingly critical.” I didn’t blurt out insults. I didn’t call the developers any names. There’s a big difference. Don’t put words in my mouth.

Compared to a few punches to the face. Yes. Yes it is. Because it takes it a step further. It shows the player that the loser is dead instead of leaving them guessing what the hell happened. And where have broken neck head spins been done to death. Is that opinion or fact? Please cite some examples.

Never said I was looking for them to be more gory. Go back and re-read. Again, don’t put words in my mouth.

Really, what part of a tail impalement, acid spit, or getting devoured does that new ultimate play to? Please explain.