Ultimates Vs Our Expectations

That’s probably because that’s what IG has turned them into. If you want “1,2 sec one hit alternate finishers” then look at ultra enders. The new Ultimates are inline with what Fatalities/Supers are in Netherrealm games. An Ultra is not a fatality or a super, it’s its own thing. The reason why some animations are reused is because the game is low budget. Otherwise they would have fixed the black background. They don’t have the money to go back and fix things we complain about. They didn’t have the money to originally add Ultimates. They are scrapping funds together to give us Ultimates now. It’s not hard to understand.

1 Like

Finally ultimates are bringing some violence within finishers. KI finishers aren’t meant to be gory but violent. For a second I thought they would throw the goofyness of the past ultimates out of the window but they still goofy at some point. Not all of them but the most. Not the best finishers here but still ultimates somehow. It’s a good reference to the original games.

1 Like

they dont need to have blood to be good…some of these ultimates just arent good.

Well it is done by a group who made Triple A games in the past like MK9, so thats notthing to be too oohhh and awww about.

I think this is important, I’m not sure what people expected out of ultimates. Now that we get them for FREE and content that we honestly don’t even need at the end of the day people are sounding really entitled. It honestly sickens me how this community behaves in general around this game. It’s not everyone, but it’s enough that it sticks out in a poor way. This Riptor one has me not surprised in the way people are reacting to it. I got the joke, but apparently people aren’t getting that this is a joke ultimate.

6 Likes

Why the skull are we expecting MKX level violence on a Teen rated game?

Plus the old ultimates are garbage compared to the one’s we’re all recieving. In my honest opinion, I would much rather see TJ Combo perform his current Ultimate than randomly pull out a machine gun (which is completely out of character).

1 Like

Personally I’m quite happy we got them finally, I’d love for the next KI game to make Ultimates a thing for sure, but if we don’t get them next game, I could understand but I’d also know who the folks are that could warrent it. : p

I will agree but even I admit, I feel TJ could of had more done with his Ultimate, like isntead of three lsow punches make it a punch of punches and than an uppercut into the sky.

1 Like

Bottomline, KI needs a real development budget and not chump change. More talented creators, more time to create, more tools to create.

Right now its showing in their work that they’re running off of fumes. I’m hoping it’s because most of the staff is working on something bigger/better behind the scenes.

Riptors ultimate is kinda depressing. Creatively, I think they could’ve done better. I believe the community could’ve came up with something nice, and still kept it under spec.

It wouldn’t require any animations, that’s why I was careful to describe it how I did. It would actually require LESS animations than the finalized Sadira Ultimate, since the shot of Sadira’s eyes and her flying back in the air and bracing herself all akward wouldn’t be needed. The only animation needed, that isn’t already there, is a set of glowing eyes in the background (the entire spider object model doesn’t even have to be pulled in). Everything else is already there.

Well, Riptor’s I’m sure was a tricky one to convey what was happening. Glad it came out ok.

1 Like

Your wanting the spider to do something it cant, that would be NEW animations

I feel like you’re only reading half of what I write, but that’s OK :confused: The spider is not animated, the eyes glow. If you consider that an animation, it would still be 3 less animations than the actual Ultimate has, meaning it would have been quicker, faster, and require less resources to create - not more.

1-Kinda harsh, KI is in the top 5 as far as graphics, and the combo
system keeps us coming back.

2-Ive wondered this because I find the game “Buggy”, wich
is my only real complaint.

it doesn’t particularly add anything to the game. Ultimates in the original ranged from cheesy/corny, funny, and a few brutal ones. Ultimates AREN’T fatalities, KI is NOT MK, but for some reason because shadow jago’s ultimate was the way it was it seems people got stuck in their heads that all of them are basically fatalities.

What I mean is that MS needs to hire more ppl to work on KI. More talented hands on deck to raise the quality of the game.

WOW that game looks really cool.
Are the combos deep?

WOW I only played this on android, the PC version is cool.

1 Like

I would’ve liked they have a similar quality as the CA from SFV.
Some of the have a lot of, how to put it, swag?

More cinematics or effects, they don’t need to be long, they just have to look nice or cool for this current generation IMO

This is anime, don’t mean KI to be like this.

But how on Earth is that 3D animation!! =O it looks so 2D! I really love how japanese animation works effects for this scenes. And I acknowledge they aren’t easy to do, for sure!

1 Like

Injustice and street fighter have 10s of millions as a production budget. IG has done phenomenal with what they were given.
Now they give us more for free, which costs them!
People clamour for more things and they’re giving us them.
But you have to remember unless MS gives them a proper budget, this is as good as we’re going to get.
These Devs are going above and beyond.

1 Like

These ultimates have been so disappointing so far for me (except maybe for Kilgore), I would’ve rather had none at all. I feel it would’ve been less disappointing if we just never got ultimates as opposed to what we’ve gotten so far. Add that not every character is getting one, and it just compounds the disappointment.