Ultimates Ultra Pack

I’ve died and gone to Spider Heaven!

7 Likes

Sadira was my first main for the game. At first I was a little disappointed because I truly wanted it to be over the top, but watching again and again and again; it’s starting to grow on me.

What I would’ve loved was instead of the slash across the face, we got the blades up below the chin to the top of the head Wolverine style, but can understand the rating limitation it has.

Eh, but is it censorship if you’re intentionally trying to imply something rather than show it? Sometimes there’s a more elegant showmanship to implying something rather than just showing it outright. Sometimes it’s creepier to hear a noise in a movie than see the thing making the noise.

Now obviously, they have a T rating so there’s certainly a limit on what they can do, I’m not under any illusions in that regard. But I don’ t know if I necessarily agree that they should only do things that they can actually show. I mean, I think that they can do something that looks cool and stylish and imply something and have that be a cool way to present something. I think that gives them more options.

3 Likes

Sadira’s looks amazing. I love how it fits her character perfectly, and I really like how simple it is. Keep up the great work.

Also, mad props on Shinsako’s facial expressions during that ultimate. If every other character reacts as good as she does, I’m sold! =D

4 Likes

Yes.
Something happens that they can’t show due to the T-rating. So they don’t show it. That’s censorship, intentional or not. That they choose to censor themselves for whatever effect doesn’t matter, it still is what it is.

But there’s a difference between “wanting to show something but can’t because of the rating” and “not wanting to show something because this is how they want to present it instead.” I’m not saying they’re not restricted by the rating, but you don’t know if they would’ve shown her slashing Shin Hisako’s neck if they had an M rating.

Personally, I’d rather have this. Just as I’d rather have Akuma’s super where the lights go out and you hear tons of hit sounds followed by him standing with his back to the screen rather than the lights staying on and us seeing him doing all of those hits. Is there a line that Street Fighter likely can’t cross in terms of violence? I’d assume so. But would having the lights on make Akuma’s super look any better? I personally don’t think so.

That’s all I’m really trying to get at. Sometimes, for style sake, it’s actually cooler to leave something as implied, regardless of any restrictions. If you disagree, that’s fine. But saying something’s censorship and everything that implies just because they don’t show something? I dunno, I don’t think it’s that black and white.

10 Likes

I don’t even main Sadira (much less like her), I’ll admit this was actually cool. Quick and simple like an assassin with a bit of sadism (lol). Also it’s always nice to see brand new animations (at least in my opinion).

Btw DON’T go to the comment section on their Youtube channel. Just filled to he brim with “where’s the blood?” comments.

2 Likes

lol I don’t even know anymore

1 Like

Sadira always seemed like a ■■■■■■, I would’ve had her stab the opponent deep in the gut, leave the blade in and watch em squirm helplessly into the abyss. (why is $adist censored?)

It looks to me like the approach the devs are taking to the ultimates isn’t just what would be the coolest, flashiest way they could end a match, so much as it seems like they’re asking the question "how would this character, given their personality and backstory, end their match?"
I know in some cases this is simply splitting hairs, but if you look at Sadira’s and TJ’s Ultimates, this seems to lead to a different outcome than you would expect.

And I’m ok with that. Sadira’s Ultimate is pretty cool.

…TJ too.

3 Likes

Huh
That’s a rather interesting way of putting it.

1 Like

The camera shot during her throat slit is godafwul.

2 Likes

The second worst one so far, right under tj’s.

1 Like

I’d wager it’s this. The creators surely aimed for the T-rating in the first place and all signs from past history indicate that KI2013 isn’t supposed to be big on genuine violence.

don’t you mean right above?

1 Like

Cinematic as heck

You just can’t win with some people.People have been asking for Ultimates for years,we get them,and some still need to nitpick and ■■■■■ about them.

10 Likes

Yeah the camera could have had better positioning.

I can’t tell what’s going on in Sadira’s. I love the first half, but the end is confusing with the way the camera is.
she flicks her hand and makes the opponent flinch…*Sadira suddenly becomes startled, surprised, or realizes something… then throws something at something… get’s ready for a big strike, then it ends.

I understand having a T rating, but then why not go for something less brutal, so you can actually use normal camera angles and be clear about what you’re showing? Alternatively, if the game can have a bunch of blood all over the floor during the fight, why can’t we use those same blood FX once or twice during Ultimates?

Honestly, I would like Sadira’s more if it just ended at 00:12 with 4 glowing spider eyes in the background behind the victim. No brutality needed, don’t have to import the whole spider model, but it would still be perfectly menacing and clear as to what’s about to happen.

3 Likes

There sno denying this though. They when that ultimate happens, their opponent is dead for sure.