Ultimates Monster Pack

Love Aganos’ ultimate! Kinda hoping we’d see a new one, but I don’t mind seeing it again. :slight_smile:

Can’t wait to see Mira and Wulf’s!

Sad that Kan Ra. Cinder and Orchid don’t have an Ultimate (yet). Really hoping that time/money etc will permit them to add these in the future.

In the meantime, bring on 8/22!!

3 Likes

Must be referring to guest fighters. if there is enough demand we may get more. Never give up on that.

6 Likes

I already have mine. :smiley:

1 Like

I have Riptor and Sabrewulf and Glacius will be here soon.

Now all I have to do, is try to keep my green bar.

3 Likes

I’m still hoping if Gargos gets an Ultimate, he just grabs his opponent, flys them through a portal above Earth, and just lets go.

16 Likes

I’d rather see him stand back with his arms crossed while he lets the minions beat the snot out of them, laughing the whole time.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t take it that seriously.

Remember back when they said that “Shadow Jago is the only character in the game with an ultimate” and it crushed everyone’s hopes and dreams? Then they went on to do them anyway.

Or how Ken Lobb hates Eyedol so Adam trolled us for like two years and then they added Eyedol anyway.

That tweet to me just means “As of right now, there are no ultimates for those characters” but that doesn’t mean the wont’ exist in the future. They just gotta cover their bases and not promise anything they haven’t committed to in the here and now.

3 Likes

LMAO :joy:

1 Like

Along with Spinal, Kim Wu, Gargos, and Eyedol for that matter :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I am really happy that both Sabrewulf and Fulgore got ultimates, however I kinda wish Eyedol got one too.

Still 2/3, Im happy about that :slight_smile:

Sweet! Cool! Awesome! Excellent! Can’t wait to see all the rest of the other new Ultimates in the all-new Monster Pack now :grin: :smile: :sunglasses:

True! I’d love to see what they could come up with for Spinal and Eyedol especially, but yeah… I really hope every character gets one eventually. I love that they added more ultimates and I already got one for my main (Sadira), but it’d be really nice everyone could get that for their favorite character as well.

1 Like

That’s what I hope. Orbital Ultimate, either by just dropping, throwing, or suplexing them back to earth

4 Likes

Still no Orchid. :cry::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Yeah, Orchid is my only main currently not planned to receive Ultimate. At least Jago, Glacius and Fulgore have/getting. Maybe they will announce more in August at Gamescom or KI event

2 Likes

Guess all we can do is wait

1 Like

I hope you guys remove the black background when doing an ultimate by new update or make it an option we can turn it off like how you did with cenimatic ender

It’s a cool thing to watch the background of the Stage being destroyed while doing an Ultimate

I think that was happening with Shadow Jago Ultimate

2 Likes

Yeah, so here’s the thing with boss Shago’s Ultimate: it was only designed to be used on the shadow temple stage. The stages in the game are not fully-developed 3d environments…they would be more comparable to the cardboard box dioramas kids make in elementary school where everything is meant to be viewed from one direction and that’s it. If viewed from other angles, say from the side or back, polygons go missing, gaps are shown, 2d images used to fill in background get exposed.
The black effect that happens when you do an Ultimate Initally freed up Shago’s animations to be used on other stages, and now they’ve been using them so they can add more without having to worry about the stages getting in the way.
It’s a matter of Ultimates weren’t designed to be used in this way if at all, so they found a work-around so they could add more and make it work for more than just boss Shago on the shadow temple stage.
…also you can still access the boss Shago’s Ultimate. Just meet the requirements to fight him in the S1 story mode and let him use it on you.

3 Likes

Couldn’t we have expected the new ultimates to built from the ground up with the stages in mind though. I understand the need to make Shadow Jagos background go black. It was built before IG took over.

It sounds reasonable to me that they could have implemented new camera angles per stage. To me it doesn’t seem too big of an ask especially when each pack of three only consists of 5 ultimates.

Perhaps I’m being harsh and I know it’s a bigger ask to undertake but the Ultimates would look infinitely better with the stage destruction on show.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying the reason for me, but I still hope they can did it someday.

1 Like