Ultimates are coming!

Lol, and we might not be at EVO? Man, it seems like every patch we have, it makes all other games look bad.

4 Likes

I think Ultras into Ultimates won’t happen in this case. Probably a good thing cause that just adds uneeded rage in my opinion. While I personally don’t care it’s good for eevryone else.

You either have to do your Ultimate after the Ultra or no Ultimate.

I like the first part, but it ends rather anti-climactic.
Would like to see how this works on one of the bigger guys, if he will be able to headbutt them. XD

1 Like

Thunder’s Ultra doesn’t look that awesome in my opinion
 it would look badass if there were not that much time between the headbut and the throw, then they made the jump last longer and more dramatic, as if it had alot of strength, then a sounding stomp (with a single thunder) that shakes the screen, finally hitting the victim with both tomahawks and an impressive rain of thunders lasting for 2-3 seconds.

OK Killgore bought as promised.

I’m looking forward to see what the creativity the devs come up with in these Ultimates.

1 Like

Yeah man not being able to do an ultra into an ultimate really sucks IMO they already took away our ability to shadow cancel into another shadow and now if they take it away from shago wtf next thing you know they’ll be taken away ultras into stage ultras then it will be taken away the ability to do a recapture to another ultra

You definitely do not recall correctly. We said the opposite. No one was to get an Ultimate. Matter of fact I even mention that in the article.

5 Likes

I am very surprised ultimates are free. Cool!

I think Thunder’s is pretty well done, considering it is just reused animations (it seems their budget for these is small, perhaps because shoehorning ultimates into the game was challenging). The end pose is perhaps a little strange, but not really that bad. The rest is cool. Looking forward to seeing the others.

I am pretty bummed that only 15 characters get ultimates for now
 that’s basically half the roster, meaning the other half is just kinda feeling left out. I really hope the team sees the value in these as far as the casual audience is concerned and adds ultimates for all characters in due time (and hopefully not too far into the future).

I am also surprised that the input for these is different than the Shago ultimate
 maybe because Shago’s ultimate was built a different way inside the game? It’s just kind of a weird exception (“do an ultimate like this, except Shago whose ultimate looks the same but is a different command”), but it’s not a dealbreaker or anything.

Basically, my main point is that, since these are free (which is very cool), I hope MS/IG has a different way to measure the value in these and doesn’t stop it short at just the 15 characters.

3 Likes

Ok so if its not the original 15 then here is my newest thought

13 original characters had Ultimate’s
 Gargos and Eyedol did not.
So 13 originals and 2 new characters. (Eyedol and Gargos again left out like the classics)

Maybe that’s a better spread than just the OG 15.

So that puts Sadira, Kan Ra, Hisako, Aria, Aganos, Mira in the mix. ( I know Omen isnt going to make so no way would I ever get my hopes up)

2 Likes

I have a feeling that in the next 5 months I’m dropping $20 on 2 characters. :thinking:

Think I’ll be holding off on the new characters til I know what’s happening with the existing ones and ultimates. I’m getting sick of piece meals

1 Like

Maybe the characters that don’t get ultimates will receive a stage ultra for their stage

I mean after all this, people still find something to complain about?

1 Like

can’t complain it looks badass, I would however of had him slam both sides a few times and jump a little higher before coming crashing down with all that electric glory

I Don’t even know if that’s true or not. Just because I think that doesn’t make it true. I just said it could be possible. On that note: You can do stage Ultras with different button presses so I assume you can still get away with that.

Indeed but I’m glad you guys put it aside. You’re making KI (in my opinion) so much closer to perfect!

Wish you guys more luck, take your time to get them as good as you can and crossing my fingers that you guys can address the other 15.

Just curious though, how long does it take on average to do the Ultimates? from start to finish? : >

Nice! Sweet! Alright! KI 4 life! Long live KI! Ultimate! Supreme victory! :smile: :grin:

1 Like
5 Likes

Bummed not everyone is getting one, but seems my favs are. Jago, Shago, Maya, Thunder, TJ
 No way Fulgore on’t get one as well.

Someone on twitter complained that thunder’s ultimate uses “recycled animations” unlike shadow jago and jago. Any thoughts on this?