Ultimate Source Wave 1 Impressions/Feedback Thread

Claws?

Ordered Fulgore, just received it today. The packaging is beautiful, as weā€™ve all seen by now, and the figureā€™s sculpt is top notch. I was really surprised at just how much detail there isā€“in some parts of him you can even see ā€œinsideā€ his outer chassis (think like when the paneling shifts into place in his intro cutscene), where thereā€™s more bits and bobs in there. VERY true to game detailing.

However, something rather unfortunate did happen: my Fulgoreā€™s leg arrived broken in the packaging! I was pretty stunned, as I think this is literally the only time Iā€™ve seen or heard of something like this happening. Iā€™ve sent an inquiry to customer support so Iā€™m expecting this to be resolved pretty painlessly, but I just want to caution everyone not to rush and redeem their codes before they give their figures a complete looking over! The little slip inside the box suggests that you are not eligible for placements or returns once you redeem the code (which makes sense to me, keeps people from jacking color 10 then getting all their money back).

Make sure to post pictures everyone so @UltimateToy can see them!!

Ok so the figure is really nice. Ton of detail, it feels solid, and just looks fantastic.

Now the first thing I noticed when I opened the brown box it was shipped in, was that when you open it you have the white KI box, which is in an unsealed plastic bag like thing. Once you remove the box from that, it can be opened right awayā€¦where is this going you might be wondering? Well on top of the box, there is the little flap thing you undo to actually open it which came NOT sealed or shut with a sticker or tape. So if you are somebody who likes to collect things and keep them sealed in hopes of selling them as ā€œnever opened/sealedā€ one day this could pose a problem, because the white box is not in any kind of sealed plastic wrap you have to rip off, and none of the boxā€™s openings are sticker or taped shut. Luckily I donā€™t plan on selling this thing ever so I donā€™t mind a bit. Just a heads up for those people.

Somebody in another thread was concerned about his plasma blades joining to a point instead of being parallel to each other like in game, well I can say that mine come to a point like that as wel. I think it can be fixed by stuffing a piece of tissue between them and letting it sit for a while or something. Not a huge deal for me.

Everything else is on point though. The figure is a good size, the other accessories look good, the platform is nice and Fulgore looks really bad ā– ā– ā–  standing on it. Spread his arms open a bit and he looks like he is about to fire off the hype beam :grin: The detail is amazing. He looks almost exactly the same as he does in game, from his feet, his biceps, the cords/tubes, and the little grooves on the top of his head, everything looks good. You can tell a lot of love went into making these figures.

I think if you can get these for a decent price then they are a really good purchase. These things will look great sitting on top of or in front of their box in your mancave/collector room. Now if you live in one of those areas where they are charging $100 + for shipping I might hold out if you arenā€™t crazy about figures or owning stuff like thisā€¦but if you are a huge KI fan and just have to have a Ki figure or two for your collection and want to get them while they are being madeā€¦go for it. They look really ā– ā– ā– ā–  good in person and will likley be a great addition to any KI fanā€™s collection of goodies.

Unfortunately I do not have access to a great camera right now, only my laptopā€™s cam, and the pictures are really bad lol I plan to upload some quality pics sometime later, but all I have for now is the laptop cam which does not do the figure justice even a little bit.

2 Likes

Thanks for reminding me. My photo looks weird on mobile.

I only have the shadow Jago limited edition figure, but I hope down the road to be able to eventually acquire more of these.

I do like the level of articulation on the figure itself, and there was a lot of care in the finer details such as the Tiger Spirit tattoo on the arm.

My own feedback for any future products would maybe be to consider if any of the upcoming Wave 2 figures could have more than 1 possible color scheme based on that characterā€™s most popular colors in game.

For example, I like Cinder, but I enjoy having the blue colored Cinder above the red or green variants, and I would like to see if it can be reasonably accommodated to have different color variants for maybe their default color and maybe 2 other more popular colors.

I currently own all five of the figures. Iā€™m looking to get an exchange on my Fuglore, though. I couldnā€™t get him to stay standing upright on his base. He would keep eventually falling over. I found out that one of his legs was loose and it ended up coming off. Not happy about that.

I also, after reading some remarks in this thread about Shadow Jagoā€™s paint job, I went to inspect mine further. I also have the limited version of him, and while mine does not having any smudging on his tattoo, Iā€™ve found what looks like splattered paint all over his right arm and shoulder. Thereā€™s traces of what looks like they spilled some paint on him and wiped it off, but it left stains. It looks dirty.

Iā€™m beginning to regret my purchases :\

Really sorry to hear about your purchases, as someone that collects figures myself I never go for anything less than full quality regardless of price.

I must say though with all due respect to anyone whose figures are sub-par quality, what were you thinking ordering collectible figures from a relatively new company with (almost) no prior experience of working to such demanding and quality exhaustive tasks?

Iā€™d never buy bread from a baker who was just starting out, no matter how good he claimed his bread was. Iā€™d wait and see what other customers have to say about the quality of the ingredients the texture the taste etc.

Now clearly they have some incredibly talented designers such as Brando Bai or Ian Shen, however figures of low quality may not be a reason of experience rather time constraints. Iā€™ve (foolishly) purchased figures before of low quality from very reputable companies where the staff were simply underpaid and rushed to meet crippling deadlines.

The think the issue here is a little of both inexperience at a high level of consumer demand, and devastating time constraintsā€¦something MS seems to do rather often it seems

When I brought my Wulf the first figure had splattered paint on it. Contacted TS was promptlying given a new one.

My Fulgore has the same thing, though I managed to push it in enough to where he can stand up well. Still kind of a pain to have to deal with at all though lol