Ultimate Source Wave 1 Impressions/Feedback Thread

I would love to hear exactly how you feel they are “vastly inferior”

Thanks

Have you seen them? lol

1 Like

Is it bad I like the photo on the left. Lol More details.

Not bad at all, that was the advertised beautiful paint-job that was originally showed to us, the one on the right is the mass produced versions that we’re receiving.

That’s not to say that I don’t like them, but the quality really isn’t that high at least not on par with other figures I own. Even my McFarlane Halo figures (retail $13 each) are painted better.

Yes, I own them all actually.

So you’re basing your opinion off that one pic? Ok then.

My figure in my hand right now looks just as good as the one on the left. The pic on the right isn’t the most flattering but yes, they look incredible in person.

1 Like

Ah I see, I haven’t received my Wulf yet. If it does look lackluster I myself will be looking at some painting.

[quote=“CStyles45, post:25, topic:6189, full:true”]
Yes, I own them all actually.

So you’re basing your opinion off that one pic? Ok then.

My figure in my hand right now looks just as good as the one on the left. The pic on the right isn’t the most flattering but yes, they look incredible in person.
[/quote]My Shadow Jago figure is poorly painted, his tattoo is blurry as heck in portions, his base has a scuff going across the blue tapestry as if it was dropped and white plastic can be seen showing through and overall he’s really not that well made. Honestly if I hadn’t been so thirsty for color 10 I was going to return him in hopes of getting a better paint job. I wasn’t judging my opinion on “that one pic” I was basing it on every pic I’ve seen thus far and from my personal experience. I can’t see your collection so I can’t judge their quality by it. Maybe I just got a bad figure but he looks like butt up close.

Also if the picture on the right isn’t a reflection of what is being distributed they should probably remove it because that is a direct image from the UltimateToy website as a representation of what they’re selling. It sounds like my opinion struck a chord with you and I’m sorry if it was offending, clearly you’re proud of your figures as I’m sure I would be too if I dumped hundreds of dollars into them but from my experience I am not really impressed.

I will also chime in here. My LE Shago has a black mark on the waist cloth and the tattoo is smudged on his chest. It’s not incredibly noticeable at a couple feet away, but up close it stands out.

The fact I have a Killer Instinct figure is great. It just seems like mine was rushed.

Edit: I’ll get a better picture up in about 7-8 hours when I get off work.

https://twitter.com/Profmortuus/status/682263947106324480?s=09

Yeah mine has the same smeared tattoo paint issue but its on the top of the arm instead.

Changing the delivery options.

First I did order the shadow jago figure and the delivery to belgium was like 20 to 30 dollar.

This week I wanted to order the fulgore figure and now the delivery to belgium is minimum 71 dollar and max 180 dollar.

So yeah 71 dollar delivery costs for a 30 dollar figure is a bit much :\

I did contact them about this but stil no answer ><6

I contacted ultimatesource.toys about the shipping rates to Europe a few days ago. This was their response:

“Yes sorry about that…the shipping rates have gone up and we are trying hard to bring them back down. We are also looking into EU retail support.”

1 Like

Ah ok,nice to see that they are working on it :slight_smile:

So I’ve bought Shadow Jago awhile back and had no problem with accessing his color 10

I just got my Fulgore, Sabrewulf, Hisako and Jago today. I entered the 25 digit code for everyone and downloaded the files, and also pre-ordered Season 3. When I start up the game color 10 isn’t available for any of the new figures… Are they not available until after Season 3’s launch… or is something F’ed up with my game of Xbox?

From what I’ve seen in other posts here and on Facebook, it appears the new colors aren’t available until the Season 3 files launch.

1 Like

Aight, thanks for the info.

I’ll wait patiently for another 11 days then.

Are these figures going to be sold in stores or are they exclusive only to the Ultimate Source website? Just asking because it’d be a dumb move to keep it exclusive to a store where it ships from the U.S. And you have to pay extra for importing and shipping stuff. This is especially concerning for Canadians who want to order figures but can’t due to their so-called weak Canadian dollar.

Can the color 10 color be activated and used as soon as the figure is here? My Fulgore arrived today (I will post some pics and do a mini review sometime soon) but that is something I am wondering about, because if it won’t work until S3 ill probably wait until then to redeem it.

No the color won’t be available until season 3 hits. A diclaimer that should have been mentioned to those interested.

1 Like

Correct. It’s been stated on multiple times whether it be through Twitter, through their newsletter, unboxing videos or here on the forums.

I only ordered two (Jago and Fulgore).

I like them, they look awesome! I don’t much mind the articulation on the figures because I only plan to pose them rather then constantly figit with them.

I will note that the articulation on Fulgore does have its flaws as with enough movement, the figure will become terribly loosened. I already felt his waist move more then I wanted it to just after cracking the paint.

Paint job was well done, Fulgore has small paint details inside his power core that highlighted what devastation hid under. The only exception would be some minor paint drags/smudges. Jagos eyes did look a tad goofy but it’s incredibly difficult to nail that amount of detail even for experts like NECA.

Overall, these solids are great and I highly recommend them for hardcore fans. If you aren’t and just want a solid figure then really give it a thought, you might be disappointed compared to the quality of other figures. It’s not bad just note that Killer Instinct hasn’t made figures in several years so getting them exactly right will take time. Which I have no doubt Ultimate Source will master. Aside from that, good sculpts, paint jobs and attention to detail. Also, shoutouts to their great customer service.

1 Like