Tusk's black cargo pants

if you pause the video at the right time, you can see that tusk has black cargo pants

Yup. So he’s most likely not as ancient as we think.

His retro will be exactly like his old look… except he’ll be wearing those shorts under the furry speedo. ;D

1 Like

I think he’s essentially a Highlander; he’s an ancient immortal, but has been alive and adapting through the age, or has been frozen.

The first option explains his black cargo pants, and the modern clasps on his shoulder pauldron, while avoiding the time travel trope.

I also suspect he is the general or warlord who was part of Kan Ra’s conspiracy.

1 Like

Well, according to Tusk’s KI2 bio:

“A barbarian killing machine from the cold wastelands to the north, Tusk is the last of a warrior caste decimated by the bitter rivalry of the Warlords and finally reduced to a sole survivor during their costly banishment to Limbo. He now lives in wealth and glory as Champion of the old world’s Gladiatorial Arena; but when the demonic shadow of Gargos rises again, Tusk sets his jaw, takes up his blade and casts aside all other responsibilities to settle this blood feud once and for all.”

So yeah, maybe he’s been hunting Gargos since ancient times.

In KI2 I gave Tusk the status of “godlike”, such was my liking for him.

The demi-god/highlander theory is a nice one, but I’m just curious though. In which area of Tusk are we to find a weakness?

He’s set up as so much as such a badass right now. Having the visual reference just supports that further.

If they’re going with the Capcicle approach (I keep saying that lately) it wouldn’t be odd to see him in modern clothes that still resemble an older style in some manner.

It does seem a bit odd though that he looks a bit like a Spinal 2.0…a newer version that’s more fleshed out. (CwutIdidthar?)

After looking a bit closer to him I see a lot of conflicting design in his accessories. His harness looks like nylon straps but the claps look pretty much like the frozen vikings in his background, & although it’s harder to make out any details their straps seem more like leather. Also he has laces on his boots, & obviously that’s more modern for boot design, but aside from that they still look like an ageless boot design. There’s not much more to go off of, but judging from what’s shown I’d have to say he looks like he’s been displaced in time going into battle with as close to as familiar gear as possible so it doesn’t throw him off. If it was more of a Highlander approach…well let’s put it this way: in the modern settings of the Highlander series/movies they never went into battle wearing kilts. They changed with the times & updated their clothing accordingly as they passed through different countries & eras. Tusk obviously has not.

It’s also not out of the question to believe we’re looking at the Retro costume, and not the modern one.

I dare say it is out of the question, as that doesn’t look like Tusk in KI2.

KI2 Tusk had a ponytail, no beard, no shoulderguard, a dragon tattoo and furry loincloth.

They may make his retro VERY close to the original, but what I’m saying is that what we’ve seen in the teaser isn’t so overtly modern to rule out the idea of it being a retro.

That was a really long sentence to essentially end up with “I’ll be interested to see how his costumes pan out during reveals”

Agree. I don’t think Tusk will be some man from the past thousands of years old to come and fight Gargos like some fans here think, I think he’ll be from this Era in his mid 30s and that looks like a flannel shirt to me with a canteen of water not a kilt like some members here think.

most modern canteens aren’t held together with stitched leather.

Don’t misunderstand me, this is actually exactly what I want.

I’m just saying, we saw Rash’s Retro first, and it’s possible this is the same kind of situation.

That not a shoulder guard, it looks like a makeshift holster for the sword. Made from a backpack from the looks of it, the round thing on the back is a magnet. Think “Cloud”

The #notaviking has got me thinking…

So, yes, Tusk has alot of Viking elements on him. The furry boots, the tattoos, his hair, the shoulderguard and the design on his greatsword… But the modern elements, like his pants and the shirt, and together with the #notaviking, makes me think that Tusk is indeed a modern man, however a man fascinated with Viking culture, maybe with some Norse heritage - kinda like Maya who is also a modern woman, but is a descendant of an ancient clan who guarded Kan-Ra’s tomb.

Maybe Tusk is indeed a metalhead of sorts, or someone who has taken inspiration in the grunge-culture when it comes to fashion, which would explain the pants… And he somehow came across this ancient Viking sword which might have something magical about it, giving him the powers and warrior spirit that makes him Tusk!

A He-Man accessory set would make alot more sense, if that was the case. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Uploading… “‘BY THE POWER OF ULTRATECH’”

He’s a survivor

Even when come to look at the shoulderguard and the boots…

Notice the laces on the boots and the strap + hinges on the shoulderguard. They’re pretty modern too, not really ancient Viking material.

3 Likes

I don’t completely understand your response? so you want him to be modernized or you want him to be a man from the past? I think seeing that Season 3 is going to release in March and Tusk probably will be playable at launch, I think what we saw is final since Season 3 will release in 5 weeks max and he’s probably in certification now, his retro will probably be revealed at launch but I can’t say for sure. As for Rash, he was beta so what we saw wasn’t a finished product so that’s most likely why he had his retro before his main costume.