Tusk is not Tusk anymore (from what I saw)

Yes but his boot kick in different from Jagos. The shoulder charge is a new move and yes it’s a lot like Glacius. Do we have talked about it if they had bring back the boot kick? maybe yes, maybe no, we’ll never know.

I keep saying them because some doesn’t understand well and even if, people have their own idea, pretty hard to change that, specially when people doesn’t want to ear yours but that they comments (or complains) anyway.

I’m complaining about things who is missing and that I think they could have make it to the final version of the character. Now if you think that some signatures movelist isn’t a defining features of a character, that’s for you, this is not what I think.

Like I said, I can agree for the DP, but not for the ender, An ender is an animation, not a move that can come out of nowhere, you can make it look how the way you want, you can even create a move that will leads to that specific move to make it look good, don’t tell me it’s impossible.

You’re telling me that I keep saying the same thing and you didn’t read yourself. OK I agree some of my sentences isn’t perfect, sorry for that I’m doing my best, but that part was pretty clear in my last post (I think)

1 Like

All right I’ll be fair and put down the things I did and didn’t like about Tusk so it won’t sound like I’m ranting.

What I liked

-when he does his “Web of Death” that you can see a purple cosmic aura, that was really cool.

-his tattoo flashes when he’s in instinct mode and he flashes when he does special moves

-his sword heats up when he slams it and it gets hot

What I didn’t like.

-His nose and teeth, he was a chiseled handsome fighter in KI2 and now he’s a 50 year old biker looking guy from a hell’s angels gang.

• A lot of his normals from KI2 and special moves are gone or look drastically different. If I were to say which character from KI1 & 2 got the most moves taken out or made drastically different, Tusk would probably win.

• He feels a lot like a mix of Siegfried with a tint of Alex from SF3 with his sword swings and heavy hits and his Suplex.

What would have been nice to have

-With conquerer, would be cool if he flipped but doesn’t bother me too much that he doesn’t

• I liked the idea of making his boot kick into a jumping, spinning hook kick which I understand was taken out because it looked to similar to Jago.

So I’m on the fence with Tusk right now, he’s completely different to what he was in KI2 but to some degree looks fun to play even if he’s not really like Tusk anymore.

:cry:

Am not really a fan of Tusk and won’t ever main him but them saying on stream that the back flip was gone because it was goofy is kind of a lame excuse. There are plenty of characters who have goofier moves like Wulfs new dive kick slash, how is that not awkward to look at or Thunders new kick from across the stage. Heck am a Sadira main and to this day don’t see how spinning is realistic and viable in a fight. Don’t know why Cinder can get the flash kick but not Tusk if we are playing the goofy animation card.

3 Likes

I think from a practical standpoint, the flip doesn’t work because the sword is too huge. His DP would hit halfway across the screen.

It’s going to be tough, but I know you’ll persevere.

Don’t forget Orchid digging a grenade out of her ■■■■…

Sadly, KI lost a lot of its style when DH left. Those guys knew how to hit the rights notes with just about each one of their characters.

I’m not even going to deny that I have gone full retard once or twice trying to defend my position. The concept of having a cohesive art direction in a game is just beyond the comprehension of some people.

It’s one thing to have a flaming ex-soldier/mercenary that can fly(well psuedo fly) with an extravagant personality flash kick people as a legit move. It’s a completely different thing to have a serious thousand year old warrior backflip with a sword thrust while using a sword that is taller than both Kim wu and hisako and I think even spinal!

Seriously why does it even matter? So what he is ‘‘old’’ in the history so he can’t do a backflip? What kind of excuse is that. I also heard that he got the Gandalfs stick in accessory because, you know he’s kinda old, that sword can be a little heavy sometimes in a fight, poor guy.

Are you aware that in the game, there is a skeleton who can do magic things and even teleport and almost fly? But how is he able to move?? he is a skeleton, I think he should be dead by now!!! And how is he able to make damage to other character he is so skinny and weak!? such a stupid unrealistic game.

Calm down people.

Also Specter, drawing a comparison between Spinal and Tusk is a bit fallacious no? Magic in fiction has its own rules. Me casting a mantra to do all the crazy stuff I do, doesn’t mean you, a normal guy will be able to Backflip with a sword twice your size without any assistance (An exaggerated example).

Tusk’s size and the size of his blade doesn’t lead well to acrobatic moves. IG made him move like how a heavy swordsman would move. Don’t care if you disagree with that. Just sayian their reasoning isn’t flawed.

Orchid pulling a Grenade out of nowhere can simply be hand waved as game mechanic. Glacius stuff can be handwaved as Tech and Spinal’s stuff can be handwaved as Magic.

I do agree that Tusk would look dumb flipping all over the place. This doesn’t mean I disagree with all other ridiculous things in the game. Its a case by case thing for me, I don’t think in absolutes.

But guys, calm down and stay on topic. Just voice your opinions, if IG looks at it and takes it into consideration then so be it.Those who defend IG, leave the complainers and whiners alone. let them cry.

You misunderstood. It’s not that he is old. If you saw the cinder comparison it makes sense for cinder to flash kick someone because of his personality and attitude along with powers. Tusk is immortal at the height of his prime. It’s not that he is too old but that it doesn’t fit his weapon and his personality. It’s like having a knight in armor frog splashing someone. Yeah he is probably strong enough to do it and it could kill but you would be VERY hard pressed to find an actual knight that would do it…

My take on the whole " Tusk needs his roundhouse kick back" thing is that if he got it back, it would be too much like Jago. Especially considering how his Wind Kick is now. I understand that it was a go-to move in KI2 but I don’t think he needs it now considering the kind of character he is here.

I have no words on his Backflip though. I can see why they would take it out.

Yeah I kind of agree about wind kick. They gave him some great mobility tools which serve the same purpose.
Making his DP look so much like Jago’s is bad enough. Not saying it should be like his old one, just that there had to be a cooler, more creative animation for it.

It matters, because its highly likely that because of its size, it causes clipping with the ground in an odd fashion. Now, that may not sound like a big deal and probably isn’t even a good reason. What I can say is that they probably tried animating it, as Keits said, they have foam props to test out moves they have planned, maybe it was developed and it looked really goofy in this version so it was taken out. Similar to Glacius’ dash, in that it was so bad that it was taken out (before being added back for the lulz).

That’s not the same. Endokuken is the name of the move, people shouting the name of their projectiles (and moves) is pretty much the norm; on the other hand, Tusk said DAH for like three different moves and went DAHDAHDAH when he won a match. That’s too much.

1 Like

“DAH!” is just one voice thing that he said during everything. I understand that people really wanted it back and stuff but, come on guys. It’s one line of voice. You can live without one line of voice.

1 Like

people are still complaining that he doesnt say Dah? but he does…he literally says it whenever he shoulder charges…and since you can shoulder charge multiple times in a combo it sounds just like he used to in KI2

Glacius isn’t the Glacius we knew from KI 1 & 2 either, in fact the majority of the cast is drastically different. Tusk is still Tusk, regardless of if he’s got every single detail that he used to.

1 Like

We can live without one voice
We can live with the cargo pants
We can live without boot kick
We can live without backflip DP
We can live with the funny face
We can live with the viking motive
We can live without the fencing style

It’s simply that, at the end of the day, all these little bits pile into one big deal.

I like the new Tusk, it’s fine. But there’s no reason to not give us classic Tusk the way we expect him. Tanned, ponytail, loincloth, thinner sword classic Tusk.
I’ll hold my final judgement until I see the retro.