Too much purple in Season 3?

I like it, we can’t expect them to change everything new in season 3.

Gargos is the lord of shadow energy, shadow energy is purple therefor shadow meters and VFX are too. Spinal’s skulls are linked to the meter so of course they changed too. Purple purple purple, honestly I’m biased as purple is my favorite color and green is the inverse color to purple. They go brilliantly together, for example.

1 Like

Season one had a heavy focus on red, Season two had a heavy focus on blue.

It stands to reason that Season 3 would use purple as it’s main color, and the story is going to support that RE: Gargos, from what I’ve seen people talking about in other threads.

6 Likes

Secret boss fight after Gargos:

6 Likes

plot twist: that picture is ACTUALLY Gargos

6 Likes

What if they added in a bit of green alongside the purple during the shadow moves? How do you guys think that would look? Better? Worse?

I would not be a fan of purple and green mixing during Shadow moves, at all. Purple alone is fine, I think the mix would be hard on the eyes mid match.

All this purple would even make Prince blush

While weird-looking and certainly not looking anything like a shadow, I think it actually would look really awesome, particularly with the swirl effect we’ve been seeing lately.

When you really think about it though, there’s a bit of really, really dark purple and green in the current versions of the shadow moves. :wink:

Darksiders 2 has had my favorite implementation of purple and green colors.

On topic, no there’s isn’t too much purple. Its the right amount to fit the theme, IMO.

4 Likes

If they Just allow us to put back old shadows, i Will not be offfended.

1 Like

I just noticed that Fulgore’s Reactor is now also purple and the match endscreen is purple…

I added a Poll to the Topic !

So many purple haters.

Nobody complained that season one was to red or season two was to blue. :\

Season 3 is purple, get used to it.

2 Likes

I don’t think so. Purple is a classic KI color and it looks really good for the menus, meter and Spinal’s skulls. It really pops out in-game and I like it.

2 Likes

True, plus it never really made sense for a resource called “shadow” to be bright blue in the first place.

2 Likes

I love the purple, but I do agree it looks bad on Orchid’s Shadow Cat. The cat should stay Gold as it is now definitely.

2 Likes

Good luck unseeing this.

12 Likes

That would make a great color & accessory set for Rash; he’s already got the giant grin going on.

I can understand that purple and green are the colors of season 3.
But in season 2 it was like 50% red and 50% blue, in season 3 there is 10% green and 90% purple.
There is more purple than anything else ! :disappointed:

IG’s art team isn’t up to snuff.

Saints Row is covered in purple, but it doesn’t look garish because THE WHOLE ART DIRECTION was like that from day one and they understand color theory.

In KI, they just dropped the art direction from DH and decided to drop green, purple (and some orange in every stage too).
Randomly.

Just gives us the toggle for shadow moves, IG.

Give us a toggle that will choose between

a) purple shadow effects, purple Omen, purple skulls, purple Shago moves
b) old shadow effects, blue Omen, blue skulls, blue Shago moves

2 Likes