Too much purple in Season 3?

I know there are already topics about the purple shadow but I think that Season 3 overall just has WAY TO MUCH purple.

I have no problems with the green and purple menus but I don’t like the purple shadow animation and shadow meter and spinal’s skulls.
It doesn’t fit to some characters and stages.
Omen is suposed to be out of shadow energy but the purple doesn’t fit. Same with Shadow Jago, his attacks all have a blue effect on it, not purple ! Orchid firecat is yellow but the Shadow is purple ? that looks strange ! Fulgore’s stage is extremly red/orange but the shadow is purple, it just seems out of place !

I’m not colorblind of any kind but I have trouble understanding what is going on in some matches of the livestream
I don’t say it will kill KI or anything like that but I hope there will be an option to turn it off and switch back to the old one. :worried:

• Yes, there is too much purple.
  • No, I like the purple

0 voters

2 Likes

And I personally felt there was too much blue in season 2. Jago wore blue, Shadow Jago is blue, Sabrewulf is blue, Glacius is blue, Glacius stage is blue, Fulgore’s projectiles are blue, Tj Combo wore blue, Tj Combo’s arms are blue, Tj Combo’s effects are blue, Kan-Ra’s powers have blue, Kan-Ras stage is flooded with blue, Omen is blue, Omen’s stage is all blue, Riptor’s claws and back are neon blue, Aria’s entire stage is mostly blue, the Shadow bar was blue, and the UI was blue. If anything, there was not enough purple in this game, just blues and reds plastered everywhere.

10 Likes

IG just seems to love purple. Season 2’s UI make over made everything redish blue (aka purple) and when they added more colors to the characters they made sure to give everyone a purple color. Personally I don’t mind, purple and green is one of my favorite color combinations.

2 Likes

I can understand your opinion but I like the blue more and I never had the feeling that it was out of place, it was announced that we will be able to toggle the shadow ender camera off, maybe they will do the same with the new shadows but i doubt it.

1 Like

Green and purple is a great color combination, but there is way more purple than green !

Maybe they love Saints Row. Might explain why Johnny Gat was in DiveKick. But yeah, I love purple too and it’s more unique and fitting for this game instead of safe blue plastered everywhere. Purple has a more eccentric vibe to it which is what this game is all about. And it inspires creativity!

1 Like

Well in the character select screen there is actually more green than purple.

Yeah the character select screen is more green than purple and looks awesome in my opinion but that’s not the point of the topic.

I like purple. <3

I don’t hate purple, I just think there is to much of it !

2 Likes

I love the purple. It’s a nice change, like a breathe of fresh air.

2 Likes

I actually think Orchids firecat looks much better with new shadow effect.

1 Like

I like it. <3

2 Likes

I like purple too but I think there is way too much purple in the game now and it is really over-saturating the stages

2 Likes

That’s what I’m talking about.

1 Like

I would remove the purple completely from shadows and revert to the way it was before. It was sleek and really cool looking

3 Likes

I think if they were making this game only for Prince then fine but the game can do without purple shadows

1 Like

Jimi Hendrix made a song called Purple Haze.

2 Likes

Hendrix <3

3 Likes

I would like to see a balance between green and purple. I would prefer if we could change the colors al together to our likings.

Green shadow meter! =D

1 Like