Too Good To Be True

You do realize they study first what they are doing, and then practise?

I didn’t say they didn’t. It’s all scaffolding. That doesn’t mean that some won’t struggle through the process, though.

The reason I use excuses a lot while playing many of you is because I consider those as actual matches, where my focus is on beating you, not analyzing the fight. Besides, a lot of the time, many of you don’t give me advice because you’re doing the same thing. If we just slowed it down a bit, didn’t worry about beating each other, and concentrated on the learning/teaching aspects, like with so many of the people I teach KI with myself, I think we could get the ball rolling.

Here’s a simple fact - I’ve been online all morning on XBL telling you guys what I prefer, and nobody has yet to actually invite me to a 1 on 1 casual in KI to do exactly that yet (although, being Thanksgiving, I can forgive you for that - I’ve got plenty of time).

You are not getting the point.

You already have enough execution. You don’t need more practice. You need better understanding of what are you doing. You CAN’T learn that on the fly, you must analyze what you do, and it’s done watching your replays, not nervous during a match

1 Like

Re-read my last post. The goal is the hands-on approach, not the set.

It doesn’t have to be 100% accurate. If you full screen shadow ruined in a match, you will full screen shadow ruin in the replay. The point of replays is to identify and analyze your mistakes. In a match, you did a full screen shadow ruin and it gets blocked. You notice it and see that they blocked it. You move on with the match. You identified it but did you analyze it? Why did you do this? Was the opponent ready? Did they bait it? You don’t have time to analyze in a match but you do in a replay.[quote=“GalacticGeek, post:118, topic:16263”]
As for sharing tech, while I don’t like the idea of doing it, most of you already know my habits, so I can probably renege on this a bit. I’m going to continue dding it via 1 on 1 sessions though, not via clips (which again take too much work to upload to be worth it, IMO).
[/quote]
So let me get this straight. You don’t want to analyze your mistakes. You don’t want to share your mistakes so we can analyze it for you. Yet you want us to play against you so we can analyze your mistakes in a match which is very difficult.[quote=“GalacticGeek, post:118, topic:16263”]
As for being outplayed, it doesn’t matter if it’s not a fair fight to begin with. If the game lags, or inputs aren’t being read correctly, it’s entirely possible that I can easily be outplayed by someone who is worse than me (and trust me, both of these things happen all of the time on my end). After all, why should I focus on what they’re doing if everything on my side of th playing field isn’t working the way it should in the 1st place?
[/quote]

No. This attitude will cause you to cease to improve. This attitude is a slippery slope. Look up low tier god on youtube. Do you want to become him? If you can shift the blame to something else, blame yourself. Even if it isn’t a fair fight. Just because it isn’t fair doesn’t mean all the mistakes you made were fine.

1 Like

WOW, you mean like analyze the match while calmed, without actually trying to beat us?

Like watching a replay?

If only that could be possible

Seriously man, are you trolling me? You have just agree that you can’t analyze mid match. Slowing it down it’s like going easy, not using real stuff. Its not playing

@GalacticGeek I’ll take your feedback into consideration.

I already know why I do that and how to correct it - I do it because I’m anticipating/expecting a full-screen attack like a projectile or something. This bad habit is likely because I spend so much time fighting casuals in exhibition, though. All I need to do is understand that a better player will likely see it coming, or better be able to react to it, and simply not do it. However, in the moment, that’s not exactly easy to do. This is what I mean when I say I KNOW things. I know what I’m doing wromg and how to fix it. However, as we all know, knowing is different from doing. That’s why I require the hands-on. It’s how I can break the bad habits.

No, not trolling. There is a middle ground. It’s called a casual match. We play until you we see something that can be improved upon, we stop, discuss it, and then attempt to apply changes as we then continue the fight.

I already do this more than you, or anyone, will ever actually know

That won’t help you.

I can’t help you if you only accept the help in the way you want. Good luck, you will need it

Is that all you see? You identified it. You again did not analyze it.[quote=“GalacticGeek, post:128, topic:16263”]
However, in the moment, that’s not exactly easy to do. This is what I mean when I say I KNOW things.
[/quote]

Yes. You identified it. You did not analyze it though.
Identification:I was trying to anticipate a full screen attack.
Analyzing:The opponent threw many fireballs while. Didn’t have meter. He conditioned me to expect fireballs at full screen. When I did have meter, he knew I was going to try a shadow ruin. Therefore he baited a button to condition me. It works so I am scared to throw another one. He can now throw some fireballs when I have meter without fear.
See the difference?

1 Like

Really? Because from my perspective, you guys aren’t willing to help me unless it’s the way you want to help me.

All of this discussion isn’t getting us anywhere. As I said before, the fact is that I’ve asked for hands on help, and nobody has yet to lift a finger to give it since I asked for it (and only due to pre-conceived notions or prior experiences from LONG ago)
 The only people that have offered are those who admit to being poor players or are just looking to put me in my place
 And even they still haven’t approached me for a match with an invite

I want action, not (just) words

Being Thanksgiving, though, I can understand if you’re busy, of course. I will be spending time with family myself, in about an hour. But I’ll be online later like always

I’m online every single day.

Then message someone who you want to play against and shoot them an invite. We gave you the advice.[quote=“GalacticGeek, post:110, topic:16263”]
You can give me advice all day long and it’ll just go in 1 ear and out of the other.
[/quote]
Yeah I’m out. Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving.

I join player’s parties all the time to see what they’re up to and if I can join in. However, they’re often either too busy, have someone there that I don’t want to associate with with them, or simply have too many people already, such as with lobbies, where my connection can’t handle it.

Shoot a message if you see someone online at KI and ask for a set. I’m online right now but I don’t see an invite anywhere. People rarely ask for a set from me. I am not angry though. When I want a set, I just message someone or go on the ggs thread. I’m going to continue grinding Shadow points. Last post here.

1 Like

You clearly only want help in a very specific way which isn’t even conducive to actual assistance and training, and have made various statements (including the “in one ear and out the other” comment) which prove that you’re only interested in hearing exactly what you want to hear.

As for the complaints about nobody asking to play wih you, maybe just maybe your own attitude and the way you act towards people you play against have something to do with it. Playing against someone who has proven to be both a sore winner and a sore loser is not an attractive prospect, and this has been pointed out to you many times; the fact that this thread even exists is a testament to that.

Several people have offered assistance, including a very gracious offer by Infil (who is arguably the person with the most mechanical understanding of KI) to watch replays in order to offer suggestion; you stubbornly insist on things only being your way or not at all. It shouldn’t be surprising that many people want nothing to do with playing against or helping somebody with that kind of attitude.

I heavily suggest recording replays for others to review, even if you do not upload them to OneDrive, because that is the best way for multiple people to critique your play, both the good and bad elements. You’re not a top placing tournament player (as the vast majority of us are not) and as such nobody is going to be looking up “tape” to specifically learn how to beat you.

3 Likes

Thank you

Actually bandwidth (what you’re calling speed) has nothing to do with it.

Lag is dictated by latency and rollback issues (rubberbanding) is dictated by package loss. You can have both with a 1Tb connection if:

• You are playing against someone too far away
  • Something is wrong with a physhical part of your setup (bad router, bad cables)
  • Your ISP is routing you all around the world before reaching the destination
  • You’re using your internet with something else (watching Netflix, downloading through torrent) and your router is dropping packages to be able to answer both requests.

Even if you have a large bandwidth don’t think you can play while someone else is watching Netflix. There is just one wire and the way the router is able to provide a connection to both services is by alternating between sending packages of one service (playing KI) and the other (watching Netflix). If one service overwhelms the stream with a bajilion packages the router has to drop packages to allow both services to run. Dropped packages in rollback netcode fighting games = rubberbanding.

I am friendly online most of the time - most of you, however, don’t get to see that side of me often because I’m either too frustrated, guarded, or emotional due to the matches we have together. What I am now asking for is not a set, but simply a session. I don’t see a problem with that, but many of you do, based upon past experiences. I’m asking you to forget about those past experiences and just join me in a session - that’s all. Once in it, we can figure things out from there, for better or for worse.

I know I’m hesitant to upload a clip, but it really does take a long time for me to do, even without the editing and such. Besides, there are other things to consider too - my family, for instance. I’m not the only 1 who uses the network. If I spend hours doing an upload for you, it takes away from them. Sure, it may just be another excuse for you, but it doesn’t make it any less true. I’m also afraid that if I do, all I’m going to be told are things that I already know, and I don’t want to waste my time, or yours, doing that. All I need now is implementation. Play with me, remind me, and help me break my bad habits.

Again, nobody (myself included) is doing that. I’m going to go have Thanksgiving dinner with my family for now. I will be on later. When I am, I will look you guys up - if and when you get an invite, please accept it.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.