To arms! Maximilian's call for a new KI

I made a video about this but to put it in a nutshell:

I really would love to see KI come back however this time I think they should really up the budget and allow the devs (who ever they may be) the time needed to make a really good product.

Bring back Ultimates and maybe go less ambiguous and more push the teen rating. You can actually get away with a fair amount of violence with a teen rating. However don’t detract away from what KI was, KI was violent but never gory.

I fully expect seasonal content and I don’t have an issue with that so long as there’s an option for me to buy everything. Also please and I mean PLEASE keep the character levelling system that was introduced in season 2. It made it really fun to play as each character and is a huge advantage over other FG’s on the market.

4 Likes

What if this whole campaign was planned by Max and M.S?? The timing of everything is just weird… Right after KI was announced for gamepass this happens on top of everything… Is that over the top??

1 Like

I don’t know. Max doesn’t feel like that kind of guy.

3 Likes

Honestly, I think everything is as appears at face value…KI being announced on Gamepass, Max thought it’d be a great time to get more people excited for KI, the #bringbackKI movement starts…the end.

From how he was talking in his video it didn’t seem like he was currently working on/helping with a new game. In the end he’s just a big KI fan, as can be seen by his Fulgore cardboard cut-out looming in the background in his vids. I highly doubt there was any preemptive collaborating done by either party. It just is what it is.

5 Likes

im of the same opinion, pretty sure max just wants to help see to it this game gets what it deserves. im still glad everyone came together to show some love and support for KI with little BS and lots of fun times. im going to be playing more often again, when im not so dead from work lol

2 Likes

Seriously though. Does anyone seriously think Microsoft isn’t working on a new KI for Scarlet?

Honestly? I think the odds are 50/50 at best.

The thought occurred to me. But when Max shills he’s upfront about it and, for example, when he was working on the character trailers for KI he stopped making videos speculating on the future of the game.

There is a remote possibility that he heard from an insider that a new KI wasn’t in development and that motivated him. But I think it’s most likely that he just decided to do this on his own and decided the time was right.

4 Likes

also 50/50 odds here too with a new ki for scarlet. hopefully this tipped the scale

1 Like

I think yeah, why not? They gambled on this game, it paid off… They’ll do it again, and it will pay off… Its just with fighters, some pick it up for a few and drop it… Gotta keep em playing… KI was on life support shortly after season 3, if ya’ll remember… it took a LOT of effort to try to keep it alive… You got how many downloads, and then how many uninstall’s?? I’m sure that will be considered for the future… Can the next game keep the average 10 to 20 yr olds playing?? Get them off shooters… Get a level system that mimics the best shooters…As you level up, you get more powerful weapons, armor etc… Kinda like old school Soul Calibur…2… Maybe an in game… Something… That shows stats of weapons… The more numbers, the more stats the better… I could prob keep going but im not gonna… Fill the inbetweens i might have missed with your imagination

I remember people saying this. But there has never been a time when I couldn’t get online and find matches easily at KI. It’s much easier to find games online for KI than for Samurai Shodown, which is brand new and has 1700 entrants at Evo. So yeah.

4 Likes

maybe hes referring to the tournament/offline scene, getting pulled from EVO did no favors for it. but we also did have the KI world cup! as for getting fights online, i still have no issue with that today, i think everybody is just online.

2 Likes

Off topic: so true. I was playing SamSho on Xbox but was so difficult to find an opponent. Switched back to PS4, no problem there. Cannot remember this ever being an issue for KI.

You pretty much just described Shadow Lords VS mode…not exactly, but close. And as far as I know from day 1 hardly anyone ever touched it.

2 Likes

I haven’t been experiencing this kind of trouble to find matches. It’s not the same as KI for obvious reasons (netcode), but it’s ok. SNK need to improve it though.

2 Likes

I guess, it’s more off a timezone problem on my end that I play when everyone is asleep. Anyway, good to know there’s no larger issue.

1 Like

That may be the main reason. Also, I don’t know how the netcode works. Maybe you get most matches in your region? (If that’s the case, it could hurt you, since Xbox is not very popular in Asia). Let’s try again someday and see if it run smoother?

I know that I bring this up a lot and should probably shut up about it, but I’d love a secret playable Boss Gargos in the game…

I really do hope that KI gets a sequel in the upcoming Scarlett project or at least at Season 4. I really don’t want the series going dormant again. It’s such a unique fighting game and it still has so much potential. I’m definitely on board for more development and/or a sequel regardless.

3 Likes

Personally, I wouldn’t mind if Max was secretly partnering with MS to gage interest in a KI sequel. It only makes sense for MS to do some research on it IF they feel they need to before making a decision on the series’ future.

But I do think it’s far more likely that Max saw the announcement of KI finally coming to Game Pass and, realizing it’s highly probably that this will be the last tiny bit of attention this particular game will get media-wise for the foreseeable future, determined that now is the time to take the temperature of the fanbase and perhaps force the issue, or at least nudge MS on it.

I think it’s also the right time given that the last DLC character came out over two years ago now. You couple that with the new system on the horizon and it seems somewhat natural to start asking questions about one of the Xbox One’s most successful homegrown endeavors.

I say successful, but I’m just assuming, really. My guess is that the income and expense data on this game looks good versus other titles not named Halo and Gears, but that’s just a guess. It was a high quality product that was built on a budget that I sincerely doubt came anywhere close to many of the AAA titles MS brought to market in this console’s lifespan.

Either way, whatever happens, I hope MS was listening. I’m sure that no one can comment on anything right now beyond acknowledging that they see what people are saying. All we can hope is that enough people say enough positivity and enough in terms of numbers to believe that there’s growth potential for this franchise.

Do you mean in a new KI game? Because I personally LOVE secret playable characters. Now that KI has a roster of 27 characters, I could easily see a few not making the cut in the next game, but also maybe a few returning as hidden characters. I think Gargos would be a PERFECT fit in the latter group.

Maybe they start the story of the next game (we’ll call it more of a prologue chapter), with the ending of the comic run. Beating Gargos here could be a nice way to unlock him in the game.

I’m also guessing that multiple characters from the current story might not make it in to the game, so I could also see Omen, Shadow Jago and maybe even Aganos as hidden unlockable characters that you have to unlock by either completing story mode, doing a certain event in the game or whatever. Maybe you get Ichorien Aganos by beating the story mode and you get regular rock Aganos by holding a button while selecting him or something.

Stuff like this is always fun to me, so yeah… The more the merrier!

2 Likes

I’ve always loved the idea of secret characters, especially when they’re absolutely insanely powerful. ^ ~ ^

There could be the normal roster of characters that are selectable in stuff like Ranked, but there could be seperate secret variants that are only available in stuff like single player or exhibition. I’d absolutely love to try Shadow Lords Gargos or Season One’s secret Shadow Jago. I would absolutely love this to be added into the current game and I don’t think it would be too hard of a job to add stuff like this into the current KI, since they’re already programmed into game and would just need to be made selectable. However, I would also be very happy with this being added into the next game as playable content.

I do love Gargos and he’s my favorite character. I made it to Killer almost exclusively playing him.

The Shadow Lords Boss version though…

Just the idea of being able to play that makes me super hyped, and the fact that’s it’s already a fully functioning character gives me a lot of hope that they might consider doing something like this. It is still up to Microsoft and the developers to decide whether they want to work on the current KI or make a sequel or not, but I do believe that all of us speaking out for KI support is very important and can definitely get enough attention for continued development on the game and the series.

I don’t see why they can’t bring everyone back? Just reuse some assets. I think it would be a good marketing thing to have every old character in at the start and then only bring in new and guest characters for the seasons of development.

1 Like