Tips dealing with Eyedol

2 Likes

Glad the nerfs are incoming

Eyedol’s Jumping HP will get nerf. But he’s not OP because you have only problems with him like I have problems with Sadira. What if I said Sadira is OP and will you agree with me? Nope.

Man Jump Hp is not the only Op stuff, all the stuffs I mentioned are op, I was surprised I saw other top players say the same stuffs on eventhubs streams.Sadira is annoying to me too. His jab can interruput gargos shadow psycho move during active frames. I just started laughing cuz it became hilarious.

Exactly! That’s what I’m try to say! That’s mean Eyedol is annoying to you
 Of course, Sadira is annoying to me, but she’s not OP. So don’t complains about him. Just git gud.

No, this match up is definitely in Raam’s favor. Raam and Eyedol both have equally good normals, if you’re getting interrupted then you’re just not timing your attacks right. Raam can also easily bait, absorb, or cross up dodge Eyedol’s DP (the cross up dodge works especially well since Eyedol is a tall character meaning a cross up lk will hit him really early into the jump arc which won’t give Eyedol time to correct his DP input to anti-cross up.) And you can’t say kryll are useless because getting hit removes them, that’s the same for every match up. Add to all that the fact that Raam says “lol” to plus frames, builds meter at an above average rate allowing him to exploit warrior stance’s ease of shadow countering, has a half screen jumping HK which means one successfully dodged lighting from Eyedol means he eats boot to the face, The only thing that really gives Raam trouble in this match up is meteors, because Raam is so tall they hit him almost instantly which makes them a little annoying to deal with, but thankfully after a few of these Eyedol just switches.

4 Likes

I guess I disagree also, I pocket RAAM and say this match Is easier for me vs my main
 That speaks something. Come to think about it, I still haven’t lost to Eyedol using RAAM, lost using Jago but not RAAM.

Food for thought.

Agreed.

I hate to say it, but I need help. My main is Thunder, and it really feels like I’m being outmatched. In Mage form, it seems like Eyedol can keep Thunder out way to easily and Call of the Sky really doesn’t help much in this situation.

And in Beserker mode, Thunder feels way outclassed. I know Thunder is a beast at close range, but I think Eyedol might be worse.

My instinct does help, but I want to find a way to deal consistent damage without it.

Now to be fair, Eyedol is a new character and i am not used to him, so I might be overlooking something, but so far I cannot think of a thing.

Block projectiles with mage. He will go back to berserker.

I did not know this
 Thanks! :smiley:

Any suggestion how to deal with Eyedol using Tusk?
I have little to no answer against the mage stance because he keep me away with the zoning and when I reach him, all of my normal are slower then his and I can’t do ANYTHING.
In warrior stance it’s better, even if it’s hard to deal with his air normal and the recapture but nothing like the mage stance.

Every time i see people saying that pawns with RAAM against chars that lock me out on the corner i feel like an idiot

So I should just give up on fighting the mage as Thunder then? Okay, what about Beserker form? That gives me a lot of trouble too, since there is very little ways to safley hit him.

Not saying you should give up. Each character has a good matchup and a bad matchup against Eyedol. Some are good against mage but not berserker. In that case,the weakness of berserker in that match up is that it will eventually turn into mage. I admit I do not know much about Thunder. However,I suggest facing that form as in any other character with a Dp.

i know what you mean

can you anit-air eyedol?

In my experience, RAAM v Eyedol is 50/50. Mage is annoying (hard to avoid, very little damage) but is only really dangerous if he uses it to give warrior charges.

Warrior is stressful. All of Eyedol’s moves are safe and fast (few startup frames) EXCEPT for his DP. Therefore, DP is your chance to reverse the fight. The better your opponents get, though, the harder it is to bait a DP into a block.

Otherwise, shadow counters are an extremely reliable defensive option. Eyedol loves him some block strings.

But then the question is “what do I do if I don’t have meter?”

Um
uh

The final other opportunity I’ve identified so far is whiff punishing, but it’s super tricky and I’m not sure it’s a good component of a strategy (rather, just seizing a freak opportunity every now and then, maybe). Eyedol’s moves do have a substantial amount of recovery. Whiff punish isn’t easy–if Eyedol whiffs, he’s usually well beyond the range of most of RAAM’s attacks. However, jHK can do the trick if you time it really well and, I haven’t tested it, but it may be that Decimation or sHP are potential whiff punishes.

If RAAM misses the window, Eyedol will probably have to block (unless RAAM REALLY misses the window). sHP lets RAAM cancel into medium Decimation, which is safe on block.

1 Like

@TheWeebSkeeb what do you mean with “if eyedol whiffs”?

@KodaiYoung If he throws a move and it doesn’t hit you :slight_smile:

1 Like