The State of our Community

Since the much anticipated release of S3 our community has taken a turn for the worse. I’m not here to wow you with my knowledge of the game etc. I’m just a normal dude who’s loved this game since I was a little guy at the Arcade tryna learn how to do stuff. And to see how unbelievably toxic our chats have gotten constant criticism and direct backlash towards our devs, whether it be bugs system mechanics, why x is better than x this season and should be nerfed. All i can say is be grateful we even have a game let along a community, our devs work hard on this game. Yes there are gonna be flaws I would be lying if I told you this wasn’t the buggiest version to date. Understand that things do go unnoticed they are human, and if you can do better with pinpointing bugs etc be my guest some of you don’t understand the countless hours they have to search for the exact faults. Be mindful not ungrateful, if I was a new player to the community seeing half the stuff Ive seen in chats I wouldn’t wanna even be apart of it truth be told , we talk about wanting our community to grow constant complaints, fix this fix that nerf this character buff this character. It’s counterproductive to be at odds with one another constant. To become a bigger community we must fix ourselves and egos. Quit being problem children Git Gud, adapt that’s what life is about why not apply it here

7 Likes

Don’t bring this up. Be calm. It was much a worse a month ago. It’s time to move on and see how things shake out.

6 Likes

Like its more so venting, calling it how i see it. I like to have an opinion

Disagreed.

Popular streamers/professional player and their fanboys do not a community make. The other 90% of us are still decent people who love this game regardless of what the bigwigs say.

14 Likes

And I understand that I just see a lot of criticism and hear alot of it coming from casuals as well not saying it’s a bad thing not to hear the community but people really do push the limits

1 Like

I don’t want this to be Drama filled ya know. I just feel we as a whole are better than what we demonstrate. I emphasize I’m just a normal dude I want the best for us I want us to grow

I kinda agree about disagreeing.

I was watched 8BBD today and again, it was a lot of fun. But its getting annoying that some top players are being blatant trolls. Its getting even more annoying that some people in the community are expressing knee-jerk hyperbolic reactions to things that don’t really matter.

“This buggy combo is unblockable!.. even though it is easily predictable and breakable”

The game is great, but it is still a work in progress. There will be bugs and most of them are insignificant. Most voice their opinions have a right to be frustrated but I think a few are using this as an excuse to troll and agitated people for the fun of it.

I will admit, I did see a huge bug with Eyedol just now on the Facebook KI Fan Page. It was kinda funny.

1 Like

Every community has their ups and downs, it’s inevitable. If we look at other FGC’s we can see the pattern as well.
If you take a look at the SF Reddit, a noticeable amount of posts are rants consisting of; the game is a free to play model with a 60$ price tag, the matchmaking isn’t working, capcom plz, ect.
The MKX community is pretty inconsistent since it has such a large player base, but I mainly see awesome combo vids with a blend of verbally abusive players.
Just two examples, but as stated, every game/community/family has their ups and downs. It’s up to us and how we react that will determine that longevity of KI.

1 Like

I understand and completely agree, but alot of the casual community looks up to the Streamers and pros. And when they hear them say they don’t like something some of them become sheep and just go along without question. I’m not saying be perfect because that’s unrealistic, just be better than what we’ve demonstrated. I understand the frustration I really do with everything going on I do. But as you stated its no ground to act the way some do

1 Like

Kind of feels like the opposite of SFV, where the casuals are upset about content but the pros are fine with the game, in KI the more casual players are fine with the game and it’s some of the pros who have their gripes.

That’s not to say some of their points aren’t valid. They want the game to be enjoyable as well, and they are winning where they enter so it’s not just that their enjoyment only came from winning. I dislike the whole Us vs Them mentality thats been going on lately, some of the pros may dislike S3 but that doesn’t mean they want KI to crash and burn.

2 Likes

I just want us all to be able to work together. Help one another. Just people formulate opinions etc. Everyone is different, I’d rather have an intellectual convo and agree to disagree, than a full fledged argument over xyz. The game will get better

4 Likes

Interesting observation, but you also have to consider that new up and comers are sprouting are sprouting with every new tournament that comes out for KI.
It’d be awesome for the older KI pros to stick around, but everyone is expendable. Sleep, Nicky, Waterhorses, Swordsman, GnarlyFeats and ect. just to name a few that are climbing the ranks and have came around during S2. Yes, they can drop the game, but casuals keep the game alive. Always.

2 Likes

Bugs need to be fixed. I didn’t understand what was happening in that match. I got that the chat went kind of wild all of a sudden. There’s where the bashing started, it was unnecessary. But nowadays and in the internet I’m not surprised. I can say the things I don’t like about the game, but I’m not going to talk trash for some bugs just because , since I truly believe they are going to check them out. The game is still WIP, right?

its the same thing with magic the gathering. We have our own tournaments and the pros have the biggest voices, but the overwhelming majority are silent casuals playing jank during their highschool lunchbreaks.

Hey, at least the lockout symbol animates in 0 frames again instead of 8.

Now all the fools who were saying that counter breakers were broken are going to actually sound like fools.

One problem solved.

1 Like

Here’s the thing. The negativity and complaining you see is from a vocal minority. I mean, most people happy with the game and its direction are fine with shutting up and letting the devs do what they think is best for the game. Its why you will publicly see so much toxicity within any community, then you go and chill with players at tournaments or some members here and you see that a lot of the social players are quite pleasant and helpful.
I love this game and (most of) this community, stick around for a while and you’ll see why. Especially with the people running sets and sharing matchup data.

4 Likes

I spend a lot time here, reading the forums. They have their drama kings, like twitch, Twitter and so

But I spend more time playing the game, and devs have tools to know how many people is playing ATM. And I always find really nice people playing it.

There are dozens of people complaining in social media(not constructive criticism, which is wellcome, just rants). There are hundreds, thousands, millions, playing the game. Its very rare to me not finding a lvl 4-5 player every day in ranked or exibition.

My point: game is growing up, more people plays it, and a loud vocal minory cannot silence that.

Long life to KI!

4 Likes

Good for you! Keep it up![quote=“HYPEBEAMx2, post:1, topic:12734”]
. And to see how unbelievably toxic our chats have gotten constant criticism and direct backlash towards our devs, whether it be bugs system mechanics, why x is better than x this season and should be nerfed.
[/quote]

People with big ideas is all this is. Could they act better? Most certainly, but that’s on them as individuals.[quote=“HYPEBEAMx2, post:1, topic:12734”]
All i can say is be grateful we even have a game let along a community, our devs work hard on this
[/quote]

Many of us are grateful, and it’s because of the dev’s support that we have such a vocal community - they actually listen![quote=“HYPEBEAMx2, post:1, topic:12734”]
Yes there are gonna be flaws I would be lying if I told you this wasn’t the buggiest version to date
[/quote]

Yes, there are flaws, but I think your “buggiest version to date” statement is ignorant and/or flawed because you can’t really substantiate it (in other words, where’s your proof?). It’d be more accurate to say that “with more gameplay mechanics come more bugs” I think.[quote=“HYPEBEAMx2, post:1, topic:12734”]
Understand that things do go unnoticed they are human, and if you can do better with pinpointing bugs etc be my guest some of you don’t understand the countless hours they have to search for the exact faults
[/quote]

Many players simply don’t care. With that said, have you seen the bug reporting thread? Players ARE contributing![quote=“HYPEBEAMx2, post:1, topic:12734”]
Be mindful not ungrateful
[/quote]

Yep.[quote=“HYPEBEAMx2, post:1, topic:12734”]
if I was a new player to the community seeing half the stuff Ive seen in chats I wouldn’t wanna even be apart of it
[/quote]

New players don’t often listen to chats; they just play the game. If enough of them actually did research prior to playing the game youyu’d think they’d be far better players, but that is often not the case.[quote=“HYPEBEAMx2, post:1, topic:12734”]
we talk about wanting our community to grow constant complaints, fix this fix that nerf this character buff
[/quote]

This is how a gaming community contributes to the game and helps both the game and the community itself grow - this is natural and what keeps both thriving.[quote=“HYPEBEAMx2, post:1, topic:12734”]
It’s counterproductive to be at odds with one another constant
[/quote]But we constantly aren’t. It’s just a few (albeit prominent) bad apples.

…but isn’t what games are about.[quote=“HYPEBEAMx2, post:1, topic:12734”]
why not apply it here
[/quote]

'Cause it’s a game and some people just wanna have fun.

I know people are gonna disagree with me it’s okay. I say what I say because it’s how I feel. People have different perspectives and won’t agree with me. As I said before it’s nothing wrong with being heard it’s the way you come off that matters. Period

To what are you referring? What happened? Besides predictable “OP” whining, everyone seems pretty cool to me.