The State of our Community

Well humans are greedy…among other things.

Right now the things I see that people are complaining about in terms of balance are:

-Gargos and Eyedol are too strong
-Kim Wu and Sadira are too weak

I disagree with Gargos being OP since he’s only really obnoxious when he has minions out.

And while other characters outclass Kim Wu on paper, I still think she has the tools to be viable.

Can’t say much about the other two, though.

Eyedol has been out for 3/4 days. Not nearly enough justification or evidence. Gargos OP? That’s noobies talking. If he was where was all the OP talk back when he first released then just like eyedol is now?

Kim…don’t care for. Sadira, weak? No, she’s not as straight forward as some other characters. So there’s that.

Salticide is criminally underused. I don’t care if it’s a weak hitting attack, it’s got some fun uses.

1 Like

The frame data says it’s + 6 on hit…which is a huge lie. Unless I’m not seeing something.

Aerials tend to be extremely plus just due to their nature. I wouldn’t worry about it.

This is everything. A bunch of whiney stream chats, forum posts and twitter accounts don’t make up a community. When old head use the term FGC they mean an offline, arcade/tournament physical gathering of people speaking face to face. When is the last time you’ve heard of a physical gathering of people playing KI having a sour time about it? You haven’t. The online stuff is a nifty way to interact but we need a lot of PSAs letting younger people know online interactions aren’t ‘community’.

2 Likes

I’m probably never gonna really “Git Gud”, my scrub butt is lucky to be in Gold and probably won’t get any higher than that, but hey. That’s part of what makes a good community. People A) Enjoying the game together, and B) Respecting that other people might enjoy it in different ways.

Oh I know, I tested it myself. The opponent can jump freley after getting hit by saliticide.

Yeah, no offense intended, OP, but we really need to get off of this “the community sucks now” topic. Any time we talk about the community, we’re usually only talking about a small, but vocal fraction of it.

We have to keep in mind that there are pockets of communities all over the place where it pertains to this game. Some places will be more positive and some might trend toward the negative. IG can’t please everyone. Some people with a high level of knowledge can and often do disagree on many aspects of this game, whether it be with one another or with the developers. It doesn’t make one side right or wrong, or the conversation itself toxic to the point where we should be painting the entire community with such a broad brush.

There are good people here. Yes, some people tire of the game and leave or become frustrated by certain aspects of the game or how it’s changed and rants can happen here and there, but I don’t think that anything I’ve seen in this particular pocket of the community would lead me to think that there’s some sort of massive problem with the KI world at large even in spite of that one incident with Keits a while back on a stream.

Those people were in the wrong, and they should’ve recognized it, but again, we’re talking about a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the community there. Let’s keep some perspective when trying to break down as large and as wide ranging a group.

This shindig happened to the DOA community way back before the majority of the community went over to FreeStepDodge. Most of the community was split between “online-only” and “actual local scene + online”.

In any event, from my own perspective, KI is not in any negative light, nor is the community. We all here have to simply get involved with our local scene, and if we don’t have one, build one (not to sound like a “Field of Dreams” reference lol)… We’re no different than the SF scene or the Smash scene. If we want our community to grow, actions have to be taken. Will it take some time? Perhaps. Some local scenes blow up after hosting a free tournament, so imagine getting people in your area to play KI from actually experiencing it for themselves?

Trust me, I’ve done this for Battle Fantasia, Vampire Savior, JJBA, and a few other games. Sure the scene started off as 4 people, but it eventually grew. It wasn’t EVO numbers, but the scene was big enough to where we could rep the region if another location hosted a tournament (proof: San Diego has a Vampire Savior scene, and went to Super Arcade for some Saturday tournaments and we showed and proved – and I’m not even a SD native lol).

Even if the scene fluctuates from 4 to 12 and back to like 5, at least you did your part in showing off KI’s goodness, and people can respect that for themselves. I know people who no longer play the several games I introduced them to, but they at least have an appreciation for trying the game out and they can respect the game and the scene…

2 Likes

im starting to think this game is dead.

Well you have options.

Oh, I assure you, it’s not - not by a long shot.

Why you think that? Tournaments are still happening, matches are easy to come by, online.

Although, I’ve noticed a funny thing over the past few days: it’s become really common to match up against the same person 2-3 times in a row on ladder. Not sure if it’s some kind of MMR thing, or if it’s just that’s the only person close to me who’s playing at that time.

Honestly IMO this community is just divided since all nerfs from S3. one way u have these guys whos enjoying and at the other u have these whos been hurted and live with hope that something about them characters could change with the next patch!

You mean the salty players who need to get good?

OK, I’m kidding. Sort of.

But I don’t think that divide is quite as even as you’re implying :smirk:

2 Likes

LOMFAO , as would said TJ BRING IT!!! dare me on a FT5. lol lol u need some correction ahahhah :joy: and im open to give it to you

Not exactly sure what that would prove…

Other than my beach house internet being terrible. lol

2 Likes

im dead on here hahahahahahhaha