The Season 3 "Fasting" Challenge (failed)

This is something I am going to attempt to make Season 3 as hype as possible. I am going to play absolutely ZERO Killer Instinct until Season 3 launches as a personal challenge. I play KI on almost a daily basis, so I think that holding off until Season 3 will make the launch all the more special. Plus, it will give me a change to play all the other great games I have been ignoring.

I still intend to follow KI news and the like, but I am challenging myself not to launch KI until KI S3 hits launch (see what I did there?). Anyone is free to join me on my crusade and I wish you the best of luck.

2 Likes

Sounds like a challenge I can easily pass.

1 Like

Er, I believe I’m going to continue to play the video game I purchased.

Also a precaution: muscle memory and whatnot might be a little mutable. Come back after a few weeks and you could find yourself missing links and meaties, to say nothing of overall strategy.

Hmm sounds interesting. I might do that after this week. I probably should’ve done it last week. But either way I will have a goodbye Season 2 collection of my favorite characters and whatnot. Then, I will not pick it back up until S3.

From the title I thought you were going to not eat until the release. Now that would be extreme!

2 Likes

This topic is such a coincidence to my experience!

I told myself I wouldn´t play any videogames until S3 release, which was great because I have a lot of work at the moment; not playing means I get it all done on time and get to sleep at night, too!

The problem is I have a lot of free time starting March 20… so if Season 3 has not been released by then, I don’t know what I’m going to do with my life.

Any good book recommendations? :sweat_smile:

Always good to take a break.

I’ve been taking breaks periodically to catch up on work and spend my days on Netflix, but I dunno if I could stop playing completely for any period of time when I’m so excited. Besides, I just started getting decent with Wulf again (been trying to work on strategies that I can carry over into Season 3, like using heavy kick to execute run even if I’m going to use a lighter button, and trying to find ways to condition opponents into being more susceptible to Hamstring)

Tell ya what. I’ll have a half assed fast. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll try to play other stuff and watch Netflix more but I think I’m stuck for the long haul.

Honestly, this is not a problem for me. I’ve gone like six months with no KI up to this point. I’ve had to play other games that I bought but never touched due to KI and TLOU Remastered.

Well, I have The Division and MKX (KP2 & GGPO Update), so I’ll be ok. Knowing me, I’ll fail. Gotta keep my skills sharp! XD

I thought the same! Lmao was happy to see otherwise.

I won’t be doing this lol I don’t play as much as I’d like to already, so I’d rather not reduce it more. Good luck on your endeavor!

Eff that. I think I might wind up going to Final Round after all, and I’d like to not get beaten on stream again :laughing:

But even if I don’t go to FR, playing KI over the weekend made me realize again just how much I love this game. SFV is fun, but KI’s where my heart is :3

I could imagine. I didn’t really know of a better way to phrase it.

But after all, who needs food when KI can sustain a man for days at a time on Hype alone?

However, If they release the balance changes early than I am not sure I will be able to help myself. I am only saying this because Rukari said there was “a LOT of work to do” in preparation for the Aribiter stream tomorrow.

Poor Rukari. He must be

#SWAMPED

in stuff he has to do before tomorrow. The Life of a Community Manager…

1 Like

And fatal. We don’t want that.

So… I cracked and played a few rounds of ranked with my boy Aganos. I should have known I would not be able to help myself. This is a tragedy of the greatest proportions. A god has truly fallen from grace.

There is nothing wrong with playing some KI!

3 Likes

I was going to try this…then I bought a new fightstick.

1 Like

So I failed this early. Immediately infact. Like, right after I posted in this thread last I got invited into a lobby
I also played every subsequent day
Oops xP