The Replay and Analysis Thread

Actually, I find that strange cause I usually do that in other matches…must have been a mental block there.

I analyzed the Tiger Spirit vs Fallible Joker set on twitch last night. I made a highlight of it but I keep getting errors when trying to export to Youtube now so I dunno what to do about that.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/185135102

8 Likes

It was a good stream. Sorry I couldn’t interact with you and the rest of the chat.

And see, @FallibleJoker14? Infil doesn’t like your wingspan linker either :joy:

1 Like

Lol yea…most of the stream regarding my gameplay can be consisted to three quotes “He’s goons use fierce heavy!..nvm” and “Look how long that wingspan linker is!” “Why are you going in! Zone!” I really got the point about that :yum:

I now I’ve said this a lot but thanks @Infilament! On behalf of @oTigerSpirit as well, it’s a real pleasure to see someone take that much time to help others out!

Going in is fine, because Eagle goes in pretty well, you just need a good reason to do it, that’s all. When your opponent is full screen and getting hit by a bunch of stuff, that’s probably not the time. :slight_smile:

But yeah, hopefully it didn’t feel like I was picking on you or anything. You were just in the chat so I started talking a bit more about your stuff.

1 Like

Did he run TJ in this set?

Does HankHill have other characters he plays at high level?

Not to my knowledge. I’ve played him once or twice a long time ago, seen him play in a couple tournaments and he was always using TJ.

Yea, he ran Tj. I should be getting internet today so I’ll upload it sometime later.

1 Like

Oh no don’t worry. You weren’t picking on anyone at all. I just did the wrong thing over and over that’s all :yum:

I have downloaded the VOD, and will upload it after trimming. It will likely appear Sunday night/Monday morning.

I need to play with someone and upload a set. It’s been a while since I’ve turned on KI :slight_smile:

All this TJ talk really wants a part of me to play him again. He is one of my favorite characters.

3 Likes

I’m getting internet back this weekend(finally!) after almost one month without playing KI(or anything!)

You

Me

Glory

Nuff said

4 Likes

Well then… while you’ve been gone… I beat Gargos… with SADIRA!!! :smiley:

2 Likes

Saw you playing against Shony’s Wulf, nicely done Ragnarok :smiley:

2 Likes

Awe THANKS!

He’s a really cool guy too!

1 Like

Check out this match between the former KIWC Champion and I.

Good matches.

2 Likes

@Infilament @ZTRAINOVER9000 @Dayv0 @SonicDolphin117 check it out.

With @FallibleJoker14’s permission, here is the extended set we played last night. The original intent was to just upload the Eagle matches, but having trouble getting OBS to work properly so instead just uploading the whole kit and caboodle. Please use the timestamps below to help navigate the matches and reduce down time.

FT20 with FallibleJoker14:

Timestamps:
1:53 matches start
12:42 extended pause
15:25 matches resume
26:51 Kilgore switch
34:17 Eagle switch
53:22 extended pause
53:52 matches resume
1:07:40 matches end

As always, feedback on my play is appreciated. As a fun fact, didn’t realize that Eagle’s shadow slide hits mid, so basically any time you see punishment or I let him shadow counter me with full wrath, you can safely assume that I mashed the wrong button. Additionally, was basically just trying to find gaps in screech to see what my options were, so you’ll see me eat a ton of those where I try to counter or influence or whatever in between the hits.

To be honest though, I actually thought the long nature of the set would be a good opportunity to examine adaptation across matches for Joker. As the set went on the balance of the fights started to shift a bit, and I think it would be helpful for you guys to kind of break down what you saw in regards to that. Your opinion on this in particular @Infilament would be appreciated, as I think it could be really helpful for him.

General notes I had for you @FallibleJoker14 are that you generally did a great job capitalizing on lockouts, so nice stuff there. You do still have a few combo tells though (light AD almost always after light wingspan, medium AD after heavy slide, heavy slide at the start of combos, etc), so that’s something to keep in mind. You also did a good job playing keepaway with your arrows, so good stuff there as well.

2 Likes

I’ll check these videos out over the next few days.

Rico still plays KI? I thought he was more or less done with fighting games in general after Evo.