The Replay and Analysis Thread

You’re absolutely right. I never asked for it - I only said you could analyze me if you wanted. I wanted to know about my opponent.

I agree with Infil about it being mental though. Fighting many of you, as good as you are, as well as many pro players already puts me at a disadvantage from the start due to the discomfort and anxiety I get from my nerves. It clouds judgement and reaction times.

It’s like watching a seasoned actor go on stage in Broadway for the first time. They may be great at what they do, but the 1st performance will always be the worst.

Hell, I can’t even play as well when my brother watches.

Peacemaker grab is an untechable throw - it is not throw invulnerable. If it were throw invulnerable, it could not be thrown while it was active. Hisako’s 3 frame light influence beats Aganos’ peacemaker grab clean - because peacemaker grab is not throw invulnerable.

2 Likes

So, what I said is essentially still correct (and not) - I’m just misrepresenting terms again due to my ignorance of the lingo which misrepresents what I’m trying to say… Great…

It’s times like this where I feel like I’m a high school student in a room full of college professors, all with doctorate degrees.

I’ve been playing FGs my whole life, but it’s only been the past 5 years or so where I’ve really come to “terms” (I started on TYM with MK9), so forgive me if I’m still sorting it all out.

It’s not that I don’t listen to the advice you guys give, it’s just that I’m trying to explain things to you how I see it, which doesn’t always require a response - just an acknowledgement. Yet you guys always want to “correct” me, and that gets annoying at times. I may be abrasive to you, but to me, it feels likewise.

As Storm says, peacemaker throw is not throw invulnerable, just untechable

Not, what you said is esentially incorrect. Peacemaker throw is throw vulnerable, both command and regular

I’m not your friend, but as spectator or ocassionaly opponent, I can assure that you are bad at blocking. You don’t need approval, and it’s not a matter of that. If you are posting here, is because you want improvement. Being so aggresive against people who ARE ACTUALLY TRYING TO HELP YOU doesn’t help you at all. You seem arrogant, to pride to get an actual advice, making poor excuses to justify yourself.

At the important moment, you weren’t blocking. It’s like saying: I can perform any combo, but only while knocked down. Then you can’t! If you pretend to block, but at the end, for any reason, you don’t, your intentions are irrelevant.

We are giving you pointers about how to improve. How to beat that pro players that makes you nervous. The way to improve is accept that advices and trying to overcome your weakness, not being cocky and say “I already knew that”. That attitude is what makes you count with your hand the number of friends you have here. Thats the reason because some people doesn’t want to play you.

Stop being a douche, and be more humble. We are among comrades. You don’t have to be that aggresive against who is trying to help you

2 Likes

@Dayv0 It’s not what I said, but what I intended to say. It came out wrong with the wrong term, which distorted the message and made it wrong, but the following explanation (and my understanding) was right.

Being good or bad at something is relative. I’m bad when compared to the likes of many of you, yes, but that doesn’t change the fact that I know how to block effectively. I do.

I pretend to say “1”, but I type “2”. People says that I said “2”, and I say that I was going to say “1”, so I’m right.

Logic?[quote=“GalacticGeek, post:466, topic:16350”]
It came out wrong with the wrong term, which distorted the message and made it wrong, but the following explanation (and my understanding) was right.
[/quote]

No, it wasn’t.

1 Like

And you reserve the right to call me a douche?

People make mistakes and misinterpretations all of the time. It’s an inherent part of language.

I’m done talking to you.

Then stop posting in this thread, since you seem to NOT understand it’s goal

I understand it clearly. I’m choosing not to listen to those who aggressively try to prove they’re in the right - like you. I don’t give a damn about that. I only asked about my opponent and that’s already been answered several times over. Still over the course of that discussion, I made a few mistakes and now many of you are jumping all over me for that as a result, and it’s made me uncomfortable. Stop it! :rage:

*continues to say that he knows how to block proficiently and doesn’t need our approval.[quote=“GalacticGeek, post:453, topic:16350”]
Also the very idea of “having the fingers away from the attack buttons” is entirely foreign to me, as that’s where my fingers naturally rest on the controller - and it’s what allows me to go on the offensive at a moment’s notice, which is the whole point of FGs. I can’t defend my opponent to death!
[/quote]

“I can’t defend my opponent to death!”
False. People can easily defend you to death because of your full screen Natural Disasters and Ruins. The point of an FG isn’t to go on the offensive. No idea where you got that from. FGs are about outsmarting your opponent to win. A part of that outsmarting includes going on the defensive while waiting for the opponent to make a mistake.[quote=“GalacticGeek, post:458, topic:16350”]
Most matches, my blocking is fine. I’m sorry you guys don’t believe me, but it’s not your confidence that I need.
[/quote]

Then stop saying your blocking is fine. You don’t need our approval so stop saying it.[quote=“GalacticGeek, post:456, topic:16350, full:true”]
Many of the people on these forums are not friends. I count few here as actual friends. Most of you are associates at best. I can count my actual friends in this community on less than 1 hand. Some of them have even given up this site due to how they’ve been treated by many of you. It’s a miracle I haven’t yet.
[/quote]

You do realize that this is why most of us doesn’t actively seek you out for sets right? No one wants to hear that you lost because you are at a mental disadvantage. Failing to block because you are at a mental disadvantage because of nervousness still means you failed to block. Do you want to know what I hear ? Blah blah blah it isn’t my fault balh blah blah I was nervous so I didn’t block blah blah blah I am still a good blocker even though I don’t block blah blah.

The difference is that a seasoned actor once done with the bad performance doesn’t blame nervousness on it but instead listens to advice. [quote=“GalacticGeek, post:468, topic:16350”]
People make mistakes and misinterpretations all of the time. It’s an inherent part of language.
[/quote]

“You suck at KI and should just destroy your Xbox” said Guy 1.
“That makes me sad. How could you say that?” said Guy 2.
“You misunderstood me. I used the wrong term. I meant you are really good.” Guy 1[quote=“GalacticGeek, post:470, topic:16350”]
I’m choosing not to listen to those who aggressively try to prove they’re in the right
[/quote]

"I’m choosing not to listen to who is right because I disagree with them and going to make up stuff to prove it.

5 Likes

Geek, we’re on your side here…please stop making excuses and just listen to us.

3 Likes

I was talking about pure defense - the moment you attack, it’s no longer purely defense, and you need to attack to do damage and win, so yes it’s all about offense. Defense just helps you start that offense, but offense still takes priority because you can’t win without it.

I will not respond to anything else you’ve said, because those responses only prove what I said about Dayv0 before that now also apply to you.

Do you even bother to read your own posts? This is exactly what you do, constantly, despite copious evidence to the contrary.

The difference is that the high school student wouldn’t typically be insisting they know better than the professors, refusing to accept that they were in the wrong (whether in gameplay or discussion) and would actually accept advice without setting off a firework show any time they win while claiming that anything other than their own failings/misplays/bad decisions cost them a win every time they lose.

3 Likes

I’ve already listened. I just want everybody to stop talking with such an aggressive righteousness.

“I’ve already listened”

See why we’re frustrated?

EDIT: Also, I’m a high school student. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

You are being aggresive against us. You are not seeing it. You believe that we are attacking you somehow, but we WANT TO HELP. This attitude it’s related to your gameplay, and it’s the way you should take to improve.

We don’t want to be aggresive. We are not being aggresive. I’m frustarted about trying to help you about getting better.

But still, you seem to not understand

1 Like

Perhaps we should take this to PMs…this is a good thread and I don’t want it closed.

1 Like

@xSkeletalx This is what I’m talking about right here. You’re correcting me on an a freaking comparison! OMG!

@Dayv0 I find that incredibly hard to believe when you were the 1 to call me a douche (deserved or not). I just want everyone to stop (with this instance, not in the future). Is that so hard to ask? You’ve all made your points. Stop being a broken record - like me.

MOVE THIS TO THE PMS PLEASE

Message is unclear? OK forums

2 Likes