The Official Weekly Tournament of the Forums (WTF) #4

Well with 7 min left till start I figure there aren’t going to be any more participants enter so I went ahead and shuffled the seeds and the placements are final, so with that:

#Let the tournament begin!!

As of right now I haven’t updated the bracket with the appropriate start dates for each round. I will do that tomorrow some time. But for the most part I’ll space it out like last tournament where the loser’s bracket will have a round each week and the winners will mostly be every other week. But you will need to keep track of the dates for the rounds so you won’t forfeit matches unintentionally.

Anyway, everyone have fun and thanks for joining the tournament.

Just one last FYI…due to not getting a full 32 players, 4 participants are going to get a bye on the first round. Everyone was randomly placed, so…yeah. I know a perfectly symmetrical bracket is preferred but when we don’t get enough players…what can you do?

For right now though, it’s late, I’m tired, I’m rambling in text form, and I’m heading to bed. :sleeping:

3 Likes

Lol. @FallofSeraphs76 we are matched up in the first round. I’m actually in town this week so let me know when you want to do it.

Actually, @WrathOfFulgore has to update the bracket later, so we don’t know our first opponent yet :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought he had done the bracket but not adjusted the times…

1 Like

Woops, my bad

Edit: So, I have to face the winner between Ostrich and Draig

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder36/46794036.jpg

2 Likes

That is correct. I will get to the dates here in an hour or so. But right now I’ve got to get little Mr. “I’m gonna lick it” (aka my 4-year-old) awake and make his breakfast…mine too.

Oh cool! Glad to play against a friend instead of rude tea bagging taunters that I dont know.
:wink:
Sorry, just ran into a few forum players that are Asshats online this week.

My kids are out of town this weekend so Im pretty much free all weekend barring the lady has anything planned.

2 Likes

So I have to fight @Fenix1729 and then fight the winner of @KevBones10 and @adrunkhalfbreed If I lose the first match, I have to fight the loser of the 2…I’m done for lul. Fenix, when do you want to play? I have the whole weekend.

*shrug * luck of the draw (or lack thereof).

With as many awesome players that sign up it’s inevitable that a few people will face multiple top tournament players right off the bat. At this point I myself have just about come to terms that I’ll likely only play 2 matches and then watch everyone else advance. But I still plan to go down swinging. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ok, I’ve got the round start dates added to the bracket now. Just like last time, loser’s bracket will play 1 round every week, but the winners bracket is spaced out to every other week starting with round 2. As usual this is so the winners bracket won’t finish a month or more ahead of the loser’s bracket.

Anyway @SneerfulWater57 it looks like we’re matched up for the first round. What’s your schedule look like this week? I’m free all day today, and then I’ll be free until about 1pm tomorrow, 2pm Monday, all day Tuesday, until 5pm Wednesday, and all day Thursday (all central US time). So pick a time and I’ll be waiting.

@HWSlenderCashew @thunderb3e’s schedule will be similar except that he has school, so he’ll be home around 4pm every day during the week, so let me know what would work best for you and I’ll get it set up.

Oh good, I get to face @ItzTymeToDul in the very first round :confused:

2 Likes

I’m excited bro. Let’s have fun

1 Like

I’m around for the most part too, but weeknights ar hectic and random. You wanna do it tonight or tomorrow morning? Let’s pick a time because I know you want to have a chance to warm up, put your makeup on etc. :wink:

1 Like

My first matchup is against @TBSHankhill, are you free tomorrow?

ha ha! Tomorrow morning prob best for me since she will prob expect us to “do something” since the kids are gone. ughh… lol
But Ill have a better idea of a time once I get home after 5pm central

1 Like

@Fenix1729 When do you want to do our match? I have the weekend to do it.

@oTigerSpirit, we should play sometime soon. And whoever I’ve got next (winner’s side or losers), I’d like to play our match quickly as well. Gonna be in Singapore from May 14-31, so would like to not get myself sent to Loser’s side for a no-show :joy:

1 Like

Lol, don’t insult me man. We all know who’s going to win. But, I aim to see how much change came from the Jago nerfs in our sets. It will be fun. I’m on though so send an invite when ready :grin:

1 Like

I wouldn’t take it as ann insult. The sets are first to 3. You have beaten me in a set before. I have beaten storm in 3 games in a set before. You could totally best him. It’s all about who is prepared and ready.

Not saying you can’t get 3od, but don’t put him on a pedestal. If it ever comes to tournament and i play storm, I’m dunking him :smile:

1 Like

Nah, he beat the best Jago, I’m not even at that level. Plus I don’t think I have ever taken a real game off from Storm. I mean sure, I don’t want to sound like a pessimist, but meh. I just want to learn man, I don’t care to win. I don’t expect it either.