The Official Weekly Tournament of the Forums (WTF) #3 thread

I’m up late and I leave for KIWC tomorrow after work. We have (had) 2 weeks for these later matches in losers, but it seems that was changed (@WrathOfFulgore) Not sure why it was changed. I’m in CST too and again… it’s never too late for me to get games/sets in. I’ll be up till probably 3/4 am. Just let me know.

1 Like

I played against @TheNinjaOstrich and managed to win 3-2. GGs Ostrich!!!

We had an expanded set after it, and we had too much fun!!!

#GloryAchieved

5 Likes

No, I only gave the 2 weeks thing to the winner’s bracket, because in previous WTFs every round for both winners and losers was given 1 week and the winner of winners bracket would be sitting around waiting for over a month while the losers bracket caught up. All losers bracket matches only get 1 week. I haven’t changed that. The only way anyone has had 2 weeks in losers is if they finished the previous round early, if that makes sense.

1 Like

@RoTeNdO gotcha, I don’t think I’ll have time tonight, once I get out of lecture I have to make dinner then head to bed for work in the am like I said I only had time in the hours I posted :l prior
I’m honestly never up late* I usually wake up at about 430/5am etc so in usually never on at night

Hey. I have work too, bro. Should only take like 10 minutes though.

@RoTeNdO That’s cool man, I’m happy for you. I’ll see what’s up, but it’s highly doubtful. @WrathOfFulgore

@WrathOfFulgore at least he’s happy for me. I guess that’s a good thing?

2 Likes

The matches are ten minutes, sure, but going raw into a match is a distinct disadvantage. It’s not like this is ranked, loser here is out. Squeezing a match in between school and cooking for the family, and to stake tournament life on it, is def a tall order.

Not saying it’s an auto decision, but it isn’t as over simplified as “do you have ten minutes, i have work too and i am able to stay up late”

And to be fair, looks like Thursday afternoon was agreed upon.

I was speaking for both of us. He’s not the only one that has obligations.

And to be fair, mechanical failure of an aircraft is beyond my control. Hell, I could have died today.

1 Like

Yes. I did acknowledge that I’d be available on “Thursday” and in the “afternoon” and that I post when “I got home”. All three of which I met.

1 Like

I’m glad you’re okay. I’m not blaming you, or saying you did anything wrong.

However, if an nfl player is unable to make a scheduled game because of a Mechanical failure, they aren’t going to delay the game to his earliest convenience.

1 Like

Nothing was delayed. it’s Thursday, it was the afternoon, and I got home. I did exactly what i said I was going to do and am available.

1 Like

I guess the last leg you can stand on is “anytime after noon is Thursday afternoon”

Judges call

I did say Thursday afternoon and posted when I got home. I’m at about the same disadvantage as he is. I haven’t touched the game since last week’s match. No telling how much lab time he was able to put in since then. I’ve been gone for work. Working. Hell, I haven’t touched anything since I got home either except for my new mixer that I ran out to exchange with my last new one I didn’t like.

I’ll be up will time expires too. Single father, 3 kids, full-time, full-time projects, with work in the morning, with an hour and half commute.

I’m not saying it’ll be easy for either of us to jump in cold. The situation couldn’t be helped for neither party.

2 Likes

Whomever was willing and ready should move on. Not the one that said they didnt have time nor made an attempt on the last day.
IMO

3 Likes

Yup, when it comes down to it, that’s how I roll.

As far as making a decision, if you guys don’t have your match before then I’ll let you know who I’m siding with after time’s up. I’m not going to say who before, because I don’t want one guy sitting on his laurels, so to speak, while the other is frantically trying to get the match in before the deadline.

Whatever the case, I know we’re all a competitive bunch, but keep in mind if you do manage to win the whole thing, all you get is a little prestige among your peers and a $40 gift card, so it’s not the end of the world if you’re out of the tournament. I mean it’s not like you’re out Cup money or anything.

2 Likes

Sometimes schedules won’t work out even though both players are making a good faith effort to work it out. Life is messy like that.

Let Wrath handle it.

3 Likes

I’ll be right here. Sending invites.